Changes to /vpark & Parking Lots

ThomasNoman

19 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

/vpark should be removed all together. It's unrealistic and does not belong on a RP server. I /vpark all my cars because I don't want them stolen or fined for not having insurance. 

Exactly. I have always wanted it to be removed, but there should be a way or system that allows you to despawn your vehicle because, according to the UCP, we have 40,000+ vehicles owned by players, and it's not possible for all of them to be spawned at the same time. Therefore, I'm suggesting this instead.

Thank you for the comment.

Edited by ThomasNoman
  • Upvote 1

I believe there was a time where vpark was disabled, especially if you had any item in a vehicle and the vehicle would persist location through server restarts. I think this causes a lot of issues with server stability among other issues.

We already have an issue with people logging out and leaving their car in the middle of the road so this would only get worse. 

And as I said previously cops ticket people for not having insurance so if you leave your vehicle out expect a fat fine on your vehicle next time you come back in. 

This is probably just going to discourage more people from wanting to play to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I believe there was a time where vpark was disabled, especially if you had any item in a vehicle and the vehicle would persist location through server restarts. I think this causes a lot of issues with server stability among other issues.

We already have an issue with people logging out and leaving their car in the middle of the road so this would only get worse. 

And as I said previously cops ticket people for not having insurance so if you leave your vehicle out expect a fat fine on your vehicle next time you come back in. 

This is probably just going to discourage more people from wanting to play to be honest. 

Towing companies could fix that issue. If a vehicle is not parked correctly or is left on the road a towing company could impound it. Creates RP for both parties. 

38 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

Towing companies could fix that issue. If a vehicle is not parked correctly or is left on the road a towing company could impound it. Creates RP for both parties. 

I've tried bringing this up before. Everyone claims it's an OOC issue and that admins should just despawn the cars or move then to the side of the road. 

There's also the issue of sync where someone may accidentally knock your car into the road when going by and now your car's impounded for something you never did. 

• Upvote 1
  • Developer

Until the driving sync and damages sync is possible we will start doing this. Right now people's cars get damaged too much due to desync and it'd cost tons of money to repair it for every desync.

Also the passenger sync is still horrible and your car can look completely f**edup for your passenger.