y3, aka erp, and my pursuit of photo manipulation

Y3

and so begins the promotional series for my salon, ICHOR Beauty. im suuuper proud with how these are coming out, i have quite a few lined up of many characters! its been super fun working with all these wonderful creators, but as a start to my promo ad series, i began with my own work:

source image:

Spoiler

VJ5cJIT.png

post edit:

Spoiler

UiIdkSp.png

i am immensely proud with how this came out, and i've held onto it for quite a while! (because i wanted to make sure i had a few more promos lined up before i started releasing them, leading up to ICHOR beauty's opening day.) so far i actually have 3 complete edits lined up for the ICHOR Beauty promo series, so stay tuned on facebrowser for that!

the theme thus far has been 'godlike', given that ICHOR refers to the black fluid that ran in the veins of gods in greek mythology. its been a really interesting test to see how exactly you can transfer the benevolence of a godlike image into fashion, without it looking like some silly cosplay. i think i hit a medium with it, and im excited to see how the rest of the promos come out!!

stay tuned xoxo

• Upvote 4

two more!! im very proud of how these came out for the promo series, and im especially proud of selena for her work on her image!!

Selena Winslow

Spoiler

fWRx5wY.png

i only had very little editing in this one, mainly around color adjustment. but it was entirely created by @Selena , and im insanely proud of her for how well she quickly grasped photo manipulation! its one of my favorite in the series thus far, and i couldnt have asked for it in a better way.

Brooke Taylor

Spoiler

H6do1xR.png

this one was really fun for me! i was very inspired by the icarus cinematic in Deus Ex, and Selena also provided me the reference for clothing from an Alexander McQueen runway show. im extremely pleased with how it came out, and brooke did amazing in providing a fantastic source image to work with!

one of the primary challenges i faced with this image was the complete lack of shadows. in brooke's source image, she seemed to use a large atmospheric lighting that nailed the color tone, but unfortunately muted the shadows i needed to make the image cohesive with the wings, dress, and jewelry. so, every shadow in the image is created artificially by me, mostly by using the overlay layer function, and running an air brush along creases and edges.

thanks for looking, and thank you so much for all the comments! i always love to hear feedback.

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Y3 changed the title to y3, aka erp, and my pursuit of photo manipulation
  • Wuhtah locked this topic