Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

I dont hate the idea of modded clothing, and I hope we get more for you guys in 1.1. Maybe I worded it poorly, but I believe Medinas first post is a good medium.

@whoever reads this, By "Medina" he means me (Carlos Medina is my character's name).  See my two posts on the first page for what I think is a pretty good addition to the rules and a good compromise

The issue isn't with modded clothing, purely with the fact that people install mods that don't quite match up with the equivalent object/item scriptwise. E.G. Installing a "hood up" mod on a default hood down clothing item. In this instance, it is not reasonable and you should not expect someone to roleplay you having your hood up based on what they can see. 

The other problem is with the failing to ensure that the selection you pick for your mods often does not match up with what's ingame on a physical body level. E.G. utilising torso options that are, by default, missing limbs/entire torso's. 

So, rule of thumb, only expect people to RP what's actually there server side. It is not reasonable to expect otherwise. 

And, make sure you use torso options that don't miss parts of the body for others, as this is terribly immersion breaking. 

• Upvote 2

I have no issue with players using clientside mods.

What I have a big fucking issue with is players using clientside mods without a care for other players. They use mods that just don't work in the same way as their vanilla replacees. So they need different torso models, different textures, different this that and the other. This creates a problem where players look fine for them, but don't actually have half the bloody body parts they're supposed to.

• Upvote 3
31 minutes ago, no said:

ot: have the mods added server side

Modded clothing is coming.

But it's not possible until 1.1, and it's all add-on, no replace. So these players will still have the ability to use whatever clientside clothing they want and it won't make a lick of difference to the problem in this thread.

40 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I have no issue with players using clientside mods.

What I have a big fucking issue with is players using clientside mods without a care for other players. They use mods that just don't work in the same way as their vanilla replacees. So they need different torso models, different textures, different this that and the other. This creates a problem where players look fine for them, but don't actually have half the bloody body parts they're supposed to.

That's on the modders not the players themselves, as the modding Team whilst time consuming, maybe you guys can reach out to the popular mod creators such as iGhoul and SSCC Modpack creators to correlate in fixing these packs, would fix the issue you're explaining. Albeit it'll be a pain the ass to get situated, but it's an option.

Medina's rule is a good alternative also, script should always take precedent of mods, just like on other communities this was the case and can still very much be upheld here.

22 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

That's on the modders not the players themselves, as the modding Team whilst time consuming, maybe you guys can reach out to the popular mod creators such as iGhoul and SSCC Modpack creators to correlate in fixing these packs, would fix the issue you're explaining. Albeit it'll be a pain the ass to get situated, but it's an option.

Medina's rule is a good alternative also, script should always take precedent of mods, just like on other communities this was the case and can still very much be upheld here.

We have no authority to tell them what to do. While I agree they should have been more damn considerate about what and where they're putting their mods, it is the players who are using them. 

2 hours ago, Henning said:

Absolutely not.

The clothing brands and different sports team gear added by these packs are incredibly important to gang culture and gang identification. If anything I'd suggest you actually install them because it would be incredible helpful for you as a LEO character to actually be able to see those logo's so you can make see the physical distinction between different gangs.