Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

4 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

Without reading through 12 pages, here is my sense of it:

If your going to use clothing mods, make sure it looks like your actually wearing clothes for other players. I encounter... many people, almost everyday, that come in with modded skins.. They have missing torso's, legs, arms, necks.. and I simply tell them "Your mods don't work for other players, change the clothes and make it adaptable". I don't think generally anyone cares if your using clothing mods, but just make sure they look *proper* in-game (i;e you look like a human being and not a half flying ghost). Also, if you have a clothing mod on, let's say your a victim of an assault, LSPD/LSSD come take your report and you state:

"Oh it was a male with baggy pants, his underwear showing and wears a shirt that says "LAKERS" on it"... that is going to lead nowhere for people like LSPD/LSSD who actually have crimes to investigate. While on your screen you might look like a flex master, on everyone elses, you look like a ghost flying in the sky and or literally look like a clown compared to what your trying to represent. 

I'm curious what kind of measures admins are allowed to take in order to prevent this. It's not like we're dealing with single cases here, because there are a good amount of players using these mods. Where do you draw the line?

For me and maybe for more players it takes away the immersion of roleplay when you have to roleplay with, or constantly see 'bugged' players everywhere.

10 hours ago, Whatwasit said:

I'm curious what kind of measures admins are allowed to take in order to prevent this. It's not like we're dealing with single cases here, because there are a good amount of players using these mods. Where do you draw the line?

For me and maybe for more players it takes away the immersion of roleplay when you have to roleplay with, or constantly see 'bugged' players everywhere.

I always give a warning first, a genuine one, not even an admin record or anything. If it continues to happen? It becomes a kick. Our character customization rules is which it falls under. But this is just me personally. Our rules basically state you need to have a full outfit, a proper one, meaning, your body is in tact. Usually (from what I have seen) - after I give a warning and say "Hey, your mods aren't adaptable to anyone else" - people usually /outfit and put on something that they have pre-made without mods on.

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 1:55 AM, Vulcar said:

This is a terrible suggestion.

I've not really seen people RP something that isn't there aside from pedantic details I.E the BRAND of what they're wearing. If this is a major deal-breaker for your immersion I'm sure you can say in /B "Please stop RPing this brand, it's ruining my immersion." Another thing you're failing to realize is that most of the people who use these mods I.E the gang community tend to really RP around their own gang. So, a lot of these people have these mods.

I.E I can promise you that at least 90%+ of the Sureno Community (Approx. like 100ish players) use iGhoul.

I can also tell you that gang RPers in general utilise the SSCC modpack.

The RP you do, whatever kind it is - is fine to do without these mods I imagine. For illegal RPers? If we're attempting to portray realism and yet people have to dress like their Mom bought them clothes then it looks a bit goofy bro.

this

On 11/10/2020 at 1:58 AM, no said:

ot: have the mods added server side

and this 🙏

• 1 month later...

I think, gang clothing should be added server side of course. And perhaps even few clothes for people portraying something outside your general populace, like punks, goths or metalheads etc etc. But as I was told, current RAGE has only limited space for clothing, not sure if true, but it seems why we haven't SP decals for shirts and hoodie in that variety as they exist. I am fine with people wearing whatever as long as they keep it with clothing and do not extend it to say, cars. I am not adding a BMW car, just cause someone wants to drive it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My view is that using client side clothing/body mods is actually a bit selfish.  Your character looks great on YOUR screen and your game is improved, but what about everyone else who suddenly gets their immersion broken by seeing your character wearing checkerboard clothing or having glitchy bodies?  Let's be honest, it's only tolerated because only a handful do it.  Imagine if 800 people all decided they wanted their own clothes and everybody appeared as a screwed up checkerboard person?  Clientside mods would be banned overnight.

Now that 1.1 is getting closer to being the norm, I think clientside only mods should start becoming a thing of the past...surely if there's nice items they could be made serverside for everybody to enjoy and see.

Edited by Paenymion
17 hours ago, Paenymion said:

Now that 1.1 is getting closer to being the norm, I think clientside only mods should start becoming a thing of the past.

Considering a very large majority of the clothes that modders use at the moment either exist in 1.1 itself (hoodies with the hoods up, baseball caps, sport-team clothing etc) or will be added into the upcoming clothing pack that's being worked on by @Oggy at the moment, I'd say that this rule should come into play the moment the clothing pack is added serverside.

Clientside decals for bikers jackets should still be allowed since I can only imagine how annoying it'd be to have to constantly remove & add MC logos for every faction, same goes for clientside firearms mods too since a gun is still a gun on everyone else's screen, but other than that; I'd say the milestone above the community is about to reach soon due to 1.1 rapidly approaching should result in the end of clientside modding.

It's an understandable thing to do in 0.3.7 considering the lack of variety available with clothes, but with 1.1's abundance of new clothing options that're what the majority of modders want, 1.1's almost imminent implementation and the upcoming clothing mod pack; I'd say it's time to prepare to ban clientside clothing mods once and for all in an attempt to finally promote serverside visual consistency.
91sX6Dq.png

Edited by TinPan

Even with the large clothing update that's coming client side modding shouldn't be banned. Some people are still going to want to change some aspects of the clothing. They might like a hat that's on the server but they're not provided with the right logo or they want to make some kind of change to it, allow them. The same rules apply, what you're wearing on the vanilla game is what you're wearing to the large majority of people who aren't using the mod and I'm sure people will have no problem with accepting that. You shouldn't have a rule in mind that wipes out one section of the creative side of the server just because they want to make their game a little different.

I agree that the checkerboard clothing looks dumb and the new update fixing clothing and textures plays a part in fixing that, hopefully with Oggys update it'll phase out and fix any extra variations that are invisible in game or have the checkerboard texture since that's what's causing this. If the variations that had no texture weren't in the game you wouldn't have checkerboard skins running around. As for people who use mods that are applied onto model-less torsos then yes that needs to be phased out but that's on the mod creators and the people who chose to install the mods.