Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

Just now, xdthe said:

Nobody said we had to replace all of the civilian clothing, however a significant portion of civilian clothing are duplicates and are rarely used. Otherwise, you should just download the mods yourself.

Or just use proper mods that don't make you look like a bootleg invisible man and enjoy your bi-colored chessboard.

1 minute ago, Wirbelwind said:

Or just use proper mods that don't make you look like a bootleg invisible man and enjoy your bi-colored chessboard.

While I WISH that more modders were considerate of how the clothing looks to other players, unfortunately modding is a hard process and I'm not a modder myself. So I'm left with no choice but to use the clothing mods I'm given, even if it means it looks odd on other people's end.

1 minute ago, xdthe said:

While I WISH that more modders were considerate of how the clothing looks to other players, unfortunately modding is a hard process and I'm not a modder myself. So I'm left with no choice but to use the clothing mods I'm given, even if it means it looks odd on other people's end.

What a great time to expand on your skill-set and learn things so you can fix what other people do poorly!

OT: What most players see is what goes. If your mods are scuffed, it's on you and not on the rest of the players IMHO.

Edited by Wirbelwind
  • Upvote 1
On 11/9/2020 at 6:52 PM, Henning said:

Absolutely not.

The clothing brands and different sports team gear added by these packs are incredibly important to gang culture and gang identification. If anything I'd suggest you actually install them because it would be incredible helpful for you as a LEO character to actually be able to see those logo's so you can make see the physical distinction between different gangs. 

Some players, unfortunately, use the dog shit Rockstar launcher version of the game and that's not an option.

I agree with the missing elbows, and checkerboard part people need to find things that at least have a texture or is similar to what their putting in. I personally mod my clothing but I don't roleplay it.I agree with the missing elbows, and checkerboard part people need to find things that at least have a texture or is similar to what their putting in. I personally mod my clothing but I don't roleplay it.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:47 AM, u10sil said:

There's no problem with clientside mods in my opinion, as long as users of those mods know that other players who don't have the mods installed have to go by the script and what they see. Therefore, players with mods need to be cognizant of that fact, and if they match the description of a "Hispanic male wearing a black/white checkered shit with sneakers and a ballcap", then they match the description of a Hispanic male wearing a black/white checkered shit with sneakers and a ballcap.

BUT then the second party who reports on someone has different mods and reports how he sees the persons clothings + everyones faces and hair looks basically the same + you can't use the nametag on description = "Hey officer, that guy was like.. uhmn.. basically like me and you.. or it might been a girl, fuck knows"

5 minutes ago, unbiased said:

BUT then the second party who reports on someone has different mods and reports how he sees the persons clothings + everyones faces and hair looks basically the same + you can't use the nametag on description = "Hey officer, that guy was like.. uhmn.. basically like me and you.. or it might been a girl, fuck knows"

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here man.

Without reading through 12 pages, here is my sense of it:

If your going to use clothing mods, make sure it looks like your actually wearing clothes for other players. I encounter... many people, almost everyday, that come in with modded skins.. They have missing torso's, legs, arms, necks.. and I simply tell them "Your mods don't work for other players, change the clothes and make it adaptable". I don't think generally anyone cares if your using clothing mods, but just make sure they look *proper* in-game (i;e you look like a human being and not a half flying ghost). Also, if you have a clothing mod on, let's say your a victim of an assault, LSPD/LSSD come take your report and you state:

"Oh it was a male with baggy pants, his underwear showing and wears a shirt that says "LAKERS" on it"... that is going to lead nowhere for people like LSPD/LSSD who actually have crimes to investigate. While on your screen you might look like a flex master, on everyone elses, you look like a ghost flying in the sky and or literally look like a clown compared to what your trying to represent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1