Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

In my opinion adding clothes is alright as long as it doesn't mess up the GTA:V base ones. As much as Mobsters, Gangsters or Cops need clothes, that much civilians do too. It's simple as that. 

When it comes to individuals modding their game, I think there's really nothing you can do about it. It is ugly to see a character without arms while on their screen it's something else, or even worse a car that's bouncing and flying around, but if it can't be stopped scriptly, then I think a rule won't stop it either.

40 minutes ago, shrike. said:

It's really just aesthetic and it's neither here nor there in the grand scheme of the 'game' - if you treat it as one - just the storytelling. The idea people can't amend a few textures or be creative with them for the purposes of immersion is absurd to me. 

And this. 👆🏻

I think it's really simple - be considerate with your mods. If you have a hoodie mod, replace a vanilla hoodie. If you have a tshirt mod, replace a vanilla tshirt.

The issue stems when there's people running around with missing elbows - which I'm starting to see a lot of and is actually breaking server rules as seen:

Examples of this rule being broken:

• making your body invisible or intentionally glitched.

Not saying it's intentional - but it's not fair on the players who don't install these mods (and they shouldn't be forced to /unless/ the server requires it ala 1.1)

Custom mods are fine so long as you consider how other players see your character without a description. Scenario: police dashcam shows footage of a gangmember running away in a red shirt and couldn't see a /do. Crime broadcast goes out for a guy with a red shirt and then that person complains that "they weren't wearing a red shirt cause my mod is actually a green hoodie".

As long as players ensure that their mod correlates with the vanilla stuff (hoodie for hoodie etc.), doesn't have missing body sections and understands that the community > your own modding experience, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
On 11/9/2020 at 5:54 PM, u10sil said:

Going along with my statement above, I think that adding a modification to Server Rule #7 would be handy.

This is what it currently reads:

I think it can be amended to state:

Perhaps someone can word that more eloquently, but the idea is there.

Everyone who downloads mods knows that other players can’t see it. 

Unless the developers are willing to add all (if not a significant portion of gang clothing), I'm sticking with clientside mods, sorry not sorry. Some gangs in South Central specifically share the same set of mods, so if you really are tired of the checkered clothing, download the mods yourself.

6 minutes ago, xdthe said:

Unless the developers are willing to add all (if not a significant portion of gang clothing), I'm sticking with clientside mods, sorry not sorry. Some gangs in South Central specifically share the same set of mods, so if you really are tired of the checkered clothing, download the mods yourself.

I don't want to replace civilian clothing with a bunch of jerseys and chicano shit.

I just don't want to see people walking around with no arms.

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

I don't want to replace civilian clothing with a bunch of jerseys and chicano shit.

I just don't want to see people walking around with no arms.

Nobody said we had to replace all of the civilian clothing, however a significant portion of civilian clothing are duplicates and are rarely used. Otherwise, you should just download the mods yourself.

Edited by xdthe