Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This is incredibly not correct.

It is correct from my experience, I'm not talking about client side modding, I'm referring to server side modding which for the most part is as easy as dropping the dlc.rpf file into the dlcpacks folder inside of game_resources which resides inside C:\RAGEMP\server-files\client_packages.

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This is incredibly not correct.

@Seanny is referring to server-side RPF encryption, which has been a feature since 1.1 was known as 0.4. The process of bundling mods on the server-side is improved considerably, meaning you do not need to manually encrypt mods, but RAGE:MP handles it for you.

Either way, I do not think 1.1 will be the magic bullet in the situation, as it has been hyped beyond belief to solve every problem for months now. There is a lot of misinformation surrounding it - most things are still achievable on the current build, it just means you need to do a bit of work on the clientside rather than the server.

1 minute ago, Seanny said:

It is correct from my experience, I'm not talking about client side modding, I'm referring to server side modding which for the most part is as easy as dropping the dlc.rpf file into the dlcpacks folder inside of game_resources which resides inside C:\RAGEMP\server-files\client_packages.

So am I. It is not that simple. You have to MAKE the dlc first. And THEN encrypt the files so it doesnt cause game corruption errors.

SURE. If you're a server owner and you're putting the mod INTO the server, it's as easy as that. But that's the final step. The rest of it, a lot more complex.

1 minute ago, Pascal said:

@Seanny is referring to server-side RPF encryption, which has been a feature since 1.1 was known as 0.4. The process of bundling mods on the server-side is improved considerably, meaning you do not need to manually encrypt mods, but RAGE:MP handles it for you.

Either way, I do not think 1.1 will be the magic bullet in the situation, as it has been hyped beyond belief to solve every problem for months now. There is a lot of misinformation surrounding it - most things are still achievable on the current build, it just means you need to do a bit of work on the clientside rather than the server.

Pascal summed it up here. 1.1 is not this magic bullet that will solve all our problems but has made dragging and dropping of mods easier.

@Marksman The encryption you are referring to is handled by RageMP automatically which is why I stand by my statement that mods are essentially drag and drop.

4 minutes ago, Seanny said:

@Marksman The encryption you are referring to is handled by RageMP automatically which is why I stand by my statement that mods are essentially drag and drop.

I had no idea about that, that's excellent. Do you know if this internal encryption also works for client-side mods, or only server-side?

My point still stands that actually making the mod is a much harder process. The dlc itself for the clothing update still hasn't been perfected.

Given that the LSSD and LSPD add-ons for uniform actually glitched and removed a fair amount of the BASE clothing from GTA:W for the general population (and absolutely ruined heels... but that's neither here nor there) we can't really sit here and act like the idea of more gang-appropriate clothing mods being added in is somehow unfair to everyone else. That would be hypocrisy. 

I think modifications, at present, are fine at a texture-base level and those of us employing the use of fair-play, common sense and generally good sportsmanship are capable of using our imaginations to state that yes, the missing texture represents X or Y or Z. However, in cases where that just isn't possible, the script or game-version that everyone is capable of seeing should be paramount or more tantamount to the 'truth.' It's really just aesthetic and it's neither here nor there in the grand scheme of the 'game' - if you treat it as one - just the storytelling. The idea people can't amend a few textures or be creative with them for the purposes of immersion is absurd to me. 

This more or less reads as a failure of communication between parties than something that needs a server-wide resolution.

• Upvote 2