Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

The problem is that people want their stuff to be unique to their unique original characters (yes, irony).

What makes sense ic to an extinct for gang insignia and uniforms and the likes is  simply not feasible within the gameplay limits, though- a hoodie mod belongs over a hoodie.

Instead to do that, people pick slots that are unused by others (i.e. due to checkered bugged textures in the vanilla gtaw customizer set), which then display to others ingame.

While that is a comfortable solution for screenshots to give them a "unique" look with a gang having its own merchandise for members, it's a solution that leads to the characters ingame looking, well, ridiculous.

Which is often the opposite of the impression characters that take themselves as seriously as to need own unique clothing no one else can see want to make (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes)

Edited by knppel
10 minutes ago, Marksman said:

???? 

you want the people that don't use clientside clothing to change what they wear to fit those with mods?

I'm talking on the basis that if people use mods and it doesn't correlate with other mods people are using, don't take much to work that one out. 

Mods should be allowed either or.

Edited by Baby Renegade
1 minute ago, Baby Renegade said:

I'm talking on the basis that if people use mods and it doesn't correlate with other mods people are using, don't take much to work that one out. 

Mods should be allowed either or.

The topic at hand isn't "their mods are conflicting with my mods"

It's "their mods are conflicting with my vanilla game".

18 hours ago, Zach.. said:

Medinas rule seems to work well. 

unknown-142.png

The player that took the screenshot has a body mod installed that increases the size of the female characters bottom, it has nothing to do with clothing mods, just someone who for whatever reason wants to see massive butts, chests and possibly sixpacks on everyone. Now that, is a you issue. 

On topic of the actual thread, I disagree with entirely banning clothing mods as a whole, and as much as I'd love to have body mods and similar game modifications entirely disabled for personal reasons, there will be no way to regulate this. There's unfortunately no way to avoid seeing checkered clothing for now, and we will just have to wait for 1.1 to come out.