Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

People that use client sided clothing mods should use common sense when replacing clothes, if they don't then it's tough luck for the modder, if the modder cannot put the effort in to somewhat match the clothes then I will not put any effort in caring what the clothes look like for the modder.

I've done this myself in the past where I had a client sided hair model and I made sure it replaced the closest thing to it so regardless of what people say the description would be pretty much identical.

To sum it up, don't only think about yourself and want to make your game look good, think about the people that have to see your character without the mod.

I'm a big fan of mods as I used to make them myself back in the days, but once these client side mods start to interfere with the game where it impacts the game of other players with unmodded clothing items, the staff should intervene and set up rules.

Client side mods should be allowed, but the mods must replace existing models. Seeing people walk around like this takes away part of the experience in roleplaying.

• Upvote 2

I do not give a single fuck, honestly. People have checkered shirts on my screen? Then I'm just asking them in /b what mod they got so I can roleplay accordingly. The visuals of GTA World are so immersion breaking on their own that I really don't care anymore. You got riced out cars, empty streets, and dudes wearing checkerboards walking around throwing gang signs. This is the current state of this server if you don't wanna use the same combo of mods that some gangbangers wanna use. Deal with it, 1.1 is gonna hopefully fix it.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, hentai! said:

I do not give a single fuck, honestly. People have checkered shirts on my screen? Then I'm just asking them in /b what mod they got so I can roleplay accordingly. The visuals of GTA World are so immersion breaking on their own that I really don't care anymore. You got riced out cars, empty streets, and dudes wearing checkerboards walking around throwing gang signs. This is the current state of this server if you don't wanna use the same combo of mods that some gangbangers wanna use. Deal with it, 1.1 is gonna hopefully fix it.

1.1 won't fix shit. Clientside modding will still be possible. The clothes we're adding won't please EVERYONE because that simply isn't possible.

Isn't it already a rule? If it's not realistic, it's against the rules.

5) Character Customization

Players must create a realistic character using the customization system. Admins may request a player to change their character's customization if they deem it unfit for the server environment.

Examples of this rule being broken:

• making your body invisible or intentionally glitched;

Edited by verrevert
2 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Are checkered clothes still a thing in 1.1 ?

Yes. Checkered clothing is what happens when player a uses textures that player b doesn’t have. So when player A has a client side mod and uses textures that are not vanilla, player B sees the untextured model. 

For those who say it's a useless suggestion or don't agree with the suggestion; think about the bigger picture and imagine in a few months the only customization/clothing you will see of other players is incorrect torso placement, shirts without texture, neon green shirt with a pink pair of pants or even no pants. Especially for the players who don't want or have any mods installed.

You might won't give a shit about it, but if it starts affecting the players that lose their interest in roleplaying due to this or affects new players that don't understand were they gotten themselves into and leave again, it directly impacts the server. Stop being selfish.

Don't forbid mods, just set limits. Good suggestion @Zach..