Disallow modded clothing

Zach..

Hello,

I believe that we should disallow or atleast limit the amount of clientside modded clothing in the server. Half of the city either has no elbows, is wearing black and white checkerboards, or they RP something that isn't there. Such as hoodies. It's frustrating.

• Upvote 10

There's no problem with clientside mods in my opinion, as long as users of those mods know that other players who don't have the mods installed have to go by the script and what they see. Therefore, players with mods need to be cognizant of that fact, and if they match the description of a "Hispanic male wearing a black/white checkered shit with sneakers and a ballcap", then they match the description of a Hispanic male wearing a black/white checkered shit with sneakers and a ballcap.

Absolutely not.

The clothing brands and different sports team gear added by these packs are incredibly important to gang culture and gang identification. If anything I'd suggest you actually install them because it would be incredible helpful for you as a LEO character to actually be able to see those logo's so you can make see the physical distinction between different gangs. 

• Upvote 1

Going along with my statement above, I think that adding a modification to Server Rule #7 would be handy.

This is what it currently reads:

Client side modding to give an advantage is also considered a breach of the rule. Client side modding may only be done for aesthetic purposes and should never be done to change the function of anything in-game. 

I think it can be amended to state:

Client side modding to give an advantage is also considered a breach of the rule. Client side modding may only be done for aesthetic purposes and should never be done to change the function of anything in-game. Players who use client side mods must remain aware that other players do not necessarily see what they see. With this in mind, the script has precedence over client side mods when it comes to making determinations about what took place/what was seen.

Perhaps someone can word that more eloquently, but the idea is there.

Edited by u10sil
  • Upvote 6
3 minutes ago, Henning said:

Absolutely not.

The clothing brands and different sports team gear added by these packs are incredibly important to gang culture and gang identification. If anything I'd suggest you actually install them because it would be incredible helpful for you as a LEO character to actually be able to see those logo's so you can make see the physical distinction between different gangs. 

This tbh, it adds diversity to the game and isnt that hard. I’d say easyer than GTA:SA.

Soon in 1.1 modded clothing can be added for factions and clothing shops aswell. Cant wait to wear that Hawaiian Snow ingame 🙂

• Keane locked and unlocked this topic