Lock Forum Reports Immediately After They Are Posted

QuadTurboW16

While I understand people wants to fight back, provide their own point of view as quickly as they can after being reported on the forum. It just creates a ton of extra work for the admins. They need to go through every single reply, and especially the reports full of pointless back and forth walls of text, it is just exhausting for them, especially considering they are all volunteers. I suggest to lock forum reports immediately after they are posted, and the handling admin can unlock it to ask questions.

• Upvote 4
19 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

Interesting. I guess I support this, but this does have some downsides as well as some upsides.

Like...?

+1 to the idea. No need for people to spam and go back n forth, since admin listens to both sides before concluding.

Edited by effion
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, effion said:

Like...?

+1 to the idea. No need for people to spam and go back n forth, since admin listens to both sides before concluding.

Well.. First, having the forum report unlocked allows the player who made the report to add any extra notes. This also allows the other party(s) to state anything that they need to speak about. This would keep people from going back and forth which is something that is good. Overall, I believe it is still a neat suggestion.

Edited by tomatoz

I disagree. Usually it helps reading the different points of view, even if they do spread across two pages. This way people explain the situation and reasoning behind their actions in more detail and save us the time to ask for minor clarifications. Asking questions sometimes takes more time than just reading through the comments. 

I think the staff team is doing a good job at seeing when the information stops being useful and turns into a useless back and forth fighting, locking the topic on time. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, MrsHamster said:

I disagree. Usually it helps reading the different points of view, even if they do spread across two pages. This way people explain the situation and reasoning behind their actions in more detail and save us the time to ask for minor clarifications. Asking questions sometimes takes more time than just reading through the comments. 

I think the staff team is doing a good job at seeing when the information stops being useful and turns into a useless back and forth fighting, locking the topic on time. 

I get where you are coming from with this suggestion, the arguing on a forum report can be annoying and cause more work for an administrator. The thing is though that locking the thread as soon it’s posted causes increased wait times and more work for the staff team because now they have to keep unlocking/locking the thread once the other party replies.

I say we keep the same system, some people just need to have a higher level of maturity when it comes to debating their side of an incident in a report.

Edited by TyJ
  • mj2002 locked this topic