Create Item Description/Picture Addition

TakeTwo

Don't see what imagination and the optional use of a visual aid have in common. If the person making the item has a specific thing in mind that might be hard to visualize or has a very detailed description, they have the ability to optionally add that aid in if they so choose to, if not, that's fine too and the item will be created as it is currently, just a text based item.

You're saying "just use imagination", in that case, why do we even use a game to portray the roleplay, why not just have a chat and do it all through imagination?

Visual aids are a fun idea and I don't see how they replace imagination, so I think if the capability to do something like it is there, then why not look into it.

+1 

Edited by Brian3898
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

How is this any different than the note system allowing pictures for menu's or posters? You could literally apply your comments to that concept as well. Some people like to see or read what an item looks like.

Also, when did giving feedback mean you have to put the original poster down? Or call out if they have an imagination. It may not be your cup of tea but that doesn't mean it's not someone else's. You can give your opinion without making negative comments about other people's opinions and ideas. 

Edited by TakeTwo
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, TakeTwo said:

How is this any different than the note system allowing pictures for menu's or posters?

That's exactly my thoughts on most of these replies. If notes can have images attached, why not items? Wouldn't be super complicated to implement, and it'd help avoid some confusion with potential language barriers.

Hell, I bought a bong from a smoke shop at one point, the item was super well described - With one issue however. It's only super well described if you know it was a bong, as it wasn't stated at any point of it.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I'll have to say no. There are millions of items compared to thousands of notes, the optimization isn't the same at all. Loading a full amount of text from description, images, is completely different from millions of unique items compared to the notes.

I also don't see the real interest for it when it comes to roleplay creativity for now.