Executioner Price

zaXer.

1 minute ago, yerro said:

You're trying to compare IRL pricing policies to managing an online community with one of the biggest issues it has is oversaturation of certain content and concepts.

Yes. IRL policies transfer to IG policies because vehicles share all of the same things in and out of game.

2 minutes ago, yerro said:

What's worse, you're trying to apply my points to IRL pricing policies, and act like that's what I'd implied while making them.

I haven't really paid attention to what you've implied. I've just responded to each point bit by bit explaining why it's wrong.

3 minutes ago, yerro said:

If a car doesn't look good, perform well or share a luxurious background with its real life equivalent, on top of having a price way too high, it's not likely a popular car.

This is correct. So why are you saying something is made expensive because it is popular?

4 minutes ago, yerro said:

Again, you're assuming that a popular car has to be frequently sighted in the game. That's not the case.

No, not at all. But I know how many Dominator GTX's are owned on the server and it is not a lot. That is because of it's terrible price when compared to what it is and what it does. This is not because it is a popular car. This is because it is a poorly priced car. Like many others with low, low ownership numbers.

11 minutes ago, yerro said:

Certain vehicles are more popular in games because they are more aesthetically appealing. It's no doubt that in GTA SA, a game released in 2004, one of the most loved and popular cars was Sultan. Not only is it based on the iconic Subaru, it offers great stats as well.

This point is referring to that. You didn't need to wait and see how many people would be interested in driving a Sultan in SAMP to know that it'd be a popular car.

But neither of the two available Sultans on GTAW are overpriced. So, above all else, they are worth the money. That's the difference between something being overpriced and something not being overpriced. If it is worth your $$, it is okay. If it is not worth your $$, it will be abandoned.

20 minutes ago, yerro said:

The same can be said about a ton of other popular vehicles in the GTA V car pool. That explains why some cars are priced higher than others right away, which is what you're trying to say here:

It really doesn't explain jack. It speaks ignorance, and that's about it. "This car is popular IRL because it is fast." so they assume it is fast in-game. it is not. It is a piece of shit in-game. It holds very few similarities with its real life counterpart in the actual game. But it is slapped with a price tag far GREATER than it should, even if it was fast. So no, it doesn't explain a single thing.

22 minutes ago, yerro said:

I hope you've just misread my points or got too carried away. You've completely disregarded an openly made (and now repeated) point and keep acting like it was never made.

And seeing as you people are so fond of quoting Nervous, lemme direct you to this comment.

I read each point and said my piece about it. What more can you want from me? To get on my knees and tell you you're right no matter what?

Not sure what posting that is supposed to prove. It's in no way related to this.

It needs to be understood that script items like vehicles, properties, etc. will never have realistic prices. A lot goes into creating a virtual economy, and there must always be a way to suck money out of player's pockets, otherwise everybody will be able to afford anything they'd like to afford, which can prove to be a negative thing; see buyouts, how high people sell their properties for,  and how willing people are to purchase them at buyout instead of fighting for bargains.

In real life; not even ten percent of the population are able to buyout expensive homes, businesses, etc. as there are living expenses, mortgages, debt, let alone would they know how to properly run a business, manage it's financials, and effectively target their markets. Whereas on the server, anybody and mostly everybody can own or owns a business. (For as little as 100-400k, for leases 5-35k/month) On GTA:W, three to four businesses are open at a time; open to a pool of three hundred to five hundred people and only stay open for an hour or two, business owners make around ten to fifteen grand a day, if not more, employees make three to five grand an hour, all you need to do is pump out a /bad and people will show up so long as it appeals to their character/them by proxy. I haven't even mentioned starter paychecks, which again; are unrealistic, but necessary for the server's economy.

What I'm saying in brief is: our economy does not accurately reflect the real world's economy, it is impossible to do that, and always will be. GTA:W has its own unique economy, vehicles are ultimately a money sink on GTA:W, and while I understand the vehicle mentioned may not be worth it's bang for it's buck, what I've stated above should be taken into account before making posts like these. Nervous can't change the prices of vehicles, because that would either increase or decrease the values of the vehicles that are currently in player's possessions, which naturally; is a problem when we are forced to use the same pool of vehicles for years with few additions, as opposed to the real world's manufacturers that design and pump out new cars every year.

tl;dr - gta w economy will always be like this and thats how it be

• Upvote 2

I tried to bring some awareness in regards to the vehicle pricing in hopes to get it changed as seen here:

But just ended up being locked and forgotten. One of the better ideas that came from that topic was some sort of a unbiased committee who have an knowledge of vehicles in IRL and in the game to objectively decide on each price collectively. I would have loved to see that idea becoming true. But will it ever happen? Probably not. It's kinda disappointing if you ask me cause nearly every vehicle price makes little to no sense, especially Buffalo S compared to regular Buffalo and many other examples.

Just get used to the ridiculous pricing.

Edited by Marty
14 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Nervous can't change the prices of vehicles, because that would either increase or decrease the values of the vehicles that are currently in player's possessions, which naturally; is a problem when we are forced to use the same pool of vehicles for years with few additions, as opposed to the real world's manufacturers that design and pump out new cars every year.

The best example I can give to what you said is Drafter. The price got changed from 140k to 300k+. To my knowledge it's the only car that suffered such a change. People that had one suddenly got rich by 150k+. I wonder to this day why it's the only car to ever get the price changed.

3 minutes ago, Invictus said:

The best example I can give to what you said is Drafter. The price got changed from 140k to 300k+. To my knowledge it's the only car that suffered such a change. People that had one suddenly got rich by 150k+. I wonder to this day why it's the only car to ever get the price changed.

The Elegy and I think Jester have also suffered price changes.

Back on topic, I must also mention that the issue we have isn't just high priced vehicles, but high and low priced vehicles. There are cars under the 150,000 mark that are too expensive for what they are and outclassed by cars in the same price range.

2 hours ago, yerro said:

"Excuse"? Man, I've given you a reason that you're trying to just throw away. A car's popularity is based on how cool it looks and runs, how popular it is in the game. You didn't need to wait for years of GTA SAMP data to know that Sultan would be the most popular 4-door in the game.

KtVcRLp.png

Explain that pricing then, please.

2 hours ago, yerro said:

That being said, NateX told you that admins decide collectively what the price is. And yeah, what I believe Nervous was trying to say there is that car prices are based on looks — essentially, how popular a car is.

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Stratum

Explain to me how the Admin team collectively came up with the price of a station wagon (with zero performance mind you) at $61,200? There's no way multiple Admins decided on this. Costs more than classic muscle cars like the Vigero and Buccaneer. Hell for just $1,000 more I can get an Imponte Dukes. I think what people are trying to point out is that the system is flawed, majorly. It needs a complete overhaul. You can justify prices any which way you like, the system is flawed. Period.

Edited by Juicebox
15 minutes ago, Jura said:

KtVcRLp.png

Explain that pricing then, please.

I'm not part of the admin team, I can't speak on their behalf. Yet I would assume it's one of the few large trucks on the server, especially ones offering such an advantage as ramming power. It could be that it was priced upwards of 200k to keep it less available and make sure it's not sighted as frequently on the server > in other words, to make only those people buy it that really need it for their character.

That's only my guess, though. Feel free to tag NateX or Nervous for an actual explanation.

1 minute ago, yerro said:

I'm not part of the admin team, I can't speak on their behalf. Yet I would assume it's one of the few large trucks on the server, especially ones offering such an advantage as ramming power. It could be that it was priced upwards of 200k to keep it less available and make sure it's not sighted as frequently on the server > in other words, to make only those people buy it that really need it for their character.

That's only my guess, though. Feel free to tag NateX or Nervous for an actual explanation.

It performs like shit and the Caracara out performs it in everyway, on road and off road.

And it lacks customisation options.

The car pricing needs a major overhaul, and I'm sure community members would be more than happy to give their input to make it less work for the admin team.

33 minutes ago, yerro said:

Your guess is as good as theirs.

Cause that's all the pricing is. Wild, random guessing that pisses people off who actually know a thing or two.