Executioner Price

zaXer.

2 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

who_decides_prices.png

What you're doing is taking things out of context and twisting words in your favor.

Yeah, Nervous kinda happens to be running this community. Well, shit, seems to be that he has the final say.

That being said, NateX told you that admins decide collectively what the price is. And yeah, what I believe Nervous was trying to say there is that car prices are based on looks — essentially, how popular a car is.

Not saying car prices are ideal — for example, Comets should be priced a lot higher than they are (they're often cheaper than some old 30k-ish cars in the game), but trying to play an exempt from Discord conversations as "it's totally random" is a stretch.

Edited by yerro
2 hours ago, nateX said:

Bold statement there, cowboy. Admins have a say in cars prices, it's far from ''Nervous just picks the price randomly''. Now if you'd kindly stop making assumptions, it would be greatly appreciated. 

As for the actual vehicle, it's extremely quick and the acceleration is in my opinion, overpowered. That is my suspicion as to why it was priced at 114 thousand.

Explain the Dominator GTX then. Or the Washington. Or the Buffalo S. Or most vehicles on the server.

You're upselling the Executioner, by a lot.

Also, @yerro that excuse makes no sense. A car has no time to be popular if it's automatically given a 300,000 price tag from the get go. Vehicles are not expensive because they are popular IRL. That's noot how things work. There is no logic to a lot of prices.

Edited by Marksman
3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Explain the Dominator GTX then. Or the Washington. Or the Buffalo S. Or most vehicles on the server.

You're upselling the Executioner, by a lot.

Also, @yerro that excuse makes no sense. A car has no time to be popular if it's automatically given a 300,000 price tag from the get go. Vehicles are not expensive because they are popular IRL. That's noot how things work. There is no logic to a lot of prices.

"Excuse"? Man, I've given you a reason that you're trying to just throw away. A car's popularity is based on how cool it looks and runs, how popular it is in the game. You didn't need to wait for years of GTA SAMP data to know that Sultan would be the most popular 4-door in the game.

4 minutes ago, yerro said:

"Excuse"? Man, I've given you a reason that you're trying to just throw away. A car's popularity is based on how cool it looks and runs, how popular it is in the game. You didn't need to wait for years of GTA SAMP data to know that Sultan would be the most popular 4-door in the game.

You gave a reason. I said it was a bad one. A cars popularity is, funnily enough, based on a lot more than just "THIS THING LOOKS COOL." Tell me why the Corolla or the Impala or the Golf are popular. Is it because they were designed by executive designers at Lamborghini? NO. But they are popular cars. Does that mean they should be A MILLION DOLLARS? NO.

How popular a car is in game? NOBODY BUYS THEM. BECAUSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AS SHIT. Do you see the issue here? Would you rather buy an Audi R8 or Aston Martin? OR would you instead prefer a brand new Mustang that is slower and shitter than BOTH of its predecessors? I know what I would choose.

I don't understand what your SAMP point is trying to make, but it's probably wrong.

Edited by Marksman
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You gave a reason. I said it was a bad one. A cars popularity is, funnily enough, based on a lot more than just "THIS THING LOOKS COOL." Tell me why the Corolla or the Impala or the Golf are popular. Is it because they were designed by executive designers at Lamborghini? NO. But they are popular cars. Does that mean they should be A MILLION DOLLARS? NO.

And they aren't — at least if I'm thinking about the cars you're talking about.

How popular a car is in game? NOBODY BUYS THEM. BECAUSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AS SHIT. Do you see the issue here? Would you rather buy an Audi R8 or Aston Marton? OR would you instead prefer a brand new Mustang that is slower and shitter than BOTH of its predecessors? I know what I would choose.

That means the system is working, if a popular car is less obtainable. You seem to be generally missing the point that how popular a car is doesn't mean how frequently it is sighted, but how desired it is.

I don't understand what your SAMP point is trying to make, but it's probably wrong.

And that's your problem right there. You want to disagree with me regardless of what I'm going to say, so you're blatantly looking for the slightest reason to discard any points raised to you.

Edited by yerro

Imagine buying a Penumbra FF/200k unregistered (Eclipse) with almost the same price as an F9/247k unregistered (Audi R8), it doesn't make sense, and this is one of the many examples that we can put here, we all know that this car has this price because it's Paul Walker's car.

Just now, dodGE said:

I think you guys are taking this a little too seriously. Cars are expensive but then again, so is everything else in this server. I'd be more inclined to blame the economy inflation than anything else.

The problem isn't that ALL cars are expensive, because that isn't the case. If ALL cars cost a lot of money, but were priced accordingly relative to each other, it wouldn't be a problem. It would make sense, that's just the economy.

But my dude, this isn't the economy. This is years of bad pricing building up to where half of the things don't make a hot damn lick of sense.

2 minutes ago, yerro said:

And they aren't — at least if I'm thinking about the cars you're talking about.

No, of course they're not. I was making an exaggerated, made up example to prove how dumb what you are saying sounds. Car is not expensive because popular. Car is expensive because expensive. Do you think the Toyota Corolla, the top-selling passenger car in the world, would have maintained this title if Toyota execs went "hey this thing is kind of picking up, we should make them two times more expensive"? Answer: No.

5 minutes ago, yerro said:

That means the system is working, if a popular car is less obtainable. You seem to be generally missing the point that how popular a car is doesn't mean how frequently it is sighted, but how desired it is.

No, you're missing the point. The point is, a car cannot be popular if it's not worth the $$$$. Popularity of a car is based on a lot of things. But if it doesn't exceed in ANY of those things, it will not be popular. If it does not perform well. If it not well priced. If it does not look good. If it is not luxurious. And many more categories that are more relevant in the real world tha in GTAW. If a vehicle does not excel in any of these categories, how do you expect it to be popular? If it sucks at everything, why would it be popular? If a car is not desired, it is not purchased.

7 minutes ago, yerro said:

And that's your problem right there. You want to disagree with me regardless of what I'm going to say, so you're blatantly looking for the slightest reason to discard any points raised to you.

Tell me your example then, so I can see if you're right or wrong. If you're not going to actually explain it, I can assume  you are either right or wrong and the statistical accuracy of your comments so far indicate it would, too, be wrong.

15 minutes ago, Marksman said:

No, of course they're not. I was making an exaggerated, made up example to prove how dumb what you are saying sounds. Car is not expensive because popular. Car is expensive because expensive. Do you think the Toyota Corolla, the top-selling passenger car in the world, would have maintained this title if Toyota execs went "hey this thing is kind of picking up, we should make them two times more expensive"? Answer: No.

You're trying to compare IRL pricing policies to managing an online community with one of the biggest issues it has is oversaturation of certain content and concepts.

What's worse, you're trying to apply my points to IRL pricing policies, and act like that's what I'd implied while making them.

No, you're missing the point. The point is, a car cannot be popular if it's not worth the $$$$. Popularity of a car is based on a lot of things. But if it doesn't exceed in ANY of those things, it will not be popular. If it does not perform well. If it not well priced. If it does not look good. If it is not luxurious. And many more categories that are more relevant in the real world tha in GTAW. If a vehicle does not excel in any of these categories, how do you expect it to be popular? If it sucks at everything, why would it be popular? If a car is not desired, it is not purchased.

If a car doesn't look good, perform well or share a luxurious background with its real life equivalent, on top of having a price way too high, it's not likely a popular car. Again, you're assuming that a popular car has to be frequently sighted in the game. That's not the case.

Certain vehicles are more popular in games because they are more aesthetically appealing. It's no doubt that in GTA SA, a game released in 2004, one of the most loved and popular cars was Sultan. Not only is it based on the iconic Subaru, it offers great stats as well.

You didn't need to wait for years of GTA SAMP data to know that Sultan would be the most popular 4-door in the game.

This point is referring to that. You didn't need to wait and see how many people would be interested in driving a Sultan in SAMP to know that it'd be a popular car. The same can be said about a ton of other popular vehicles in the GTA V car pool. That explains why some cars are priced higher than others right away, which is what you're trying to say here:

A car has no time to be popular if it's automatically given a 300,000 price tag from the get go.

Tell me your example then, so I can see if you're right or wrong. If you're not going to actually explain it, I can assume  you are either right or wrong and the statistical accuracy of your comments so far indicate it would, too, be wrong.

I hope you've just misread my points or got too carried away. You've completely disregarded an openly made (and now repeated) point and keep acting like it was never made.

And seeing as you people are so fond of quoting Nervous, lemme direct you to this comment.

Edited by yerro