Word On The Street Vol.3 Ft. MoneyMan Vick

Jad

CvaVzrI.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Word On The Street Vol.3 Ft. Money Man Vick 

Jad McFearson

iTGE0F5.png

MoneyMan Vick

I would like to introduce you all to MoneyMan Vick, one of the youngest artists in the game, but that hasn't stopped him from trying to reach the top. MoneyMan Vick has dropped some hits such as "Groovy Story"  and "Pick N' Roll."

Jad: Can you let everyone know where you are from?

Vick: I grew up in Los Santos, Davis, and Strawberry. Straight from the Groove, Big Hoova ya heard!

Jad: I was told that you graduated with honors in HS; you didn't want to go to college? 

Vick: Going to a university is a scam to me. You can get the same education at a two-year college and save double the amount of money. I'd go to college if it were free, but I'm too deep in the rap game now too turn back.

Jad: I have been told you are the next prodigy, and big things are coming your way; how do you feel when people say you are next up?

Vick: When people say, I'm up next and things like that. It just makes me feel like I need to keep working and grinding harder. Next up means that I still need to put in more work, and there are definitely some things I need to clean up in my game, ya dig? When I hear that, it just makes me wanna attack any track harder at the studio.

Jad: If you could collaborate with any local artist, who would it be?

Vick: It's a few local artists who I'd like to feature with or be on a song. Bell, most definitely, Banga, and Goldie. They are spittin! No cap! Put all of us on a song, and watch that plaque go platinum.

Jad: Ok, ok, my bad, well, can you answer this? With you bringing Drill music to Los Santos, you've really put a target on your back; how are you handling that pressure?

Vick:  When MoneyMan Vick hit the scene, there was no pressure on him. He's the one putting pressure on the scene now. 

COOTNpg.png

MoneyMan Vick and Jad McFearson 

Jad: What are your current thoughts on where the hip-hop game is at? 

Vick: Hip Hop isn't what it used to be. All you need now is a melody; rarely anyone listens for true lyrics. I try to craft my style after how the game is changed. I'm a hybrid rapper. I can give you bars and hit them notes if you need me too, feel me?

Jad: When making a song, what's the thought process you go through?

Vick: I'm really unorthodox when it comes to music. I'll make a whole song just by freestyling in 10 to 15 minutes, or I'll just take my time and write each line, layer by layer, line by line, bar for bar, so I can make sure each stanza, rhyme scheme, the flow, everything goes together.

Jad: Who influenced your style?

Vick: I'd say my biggest influences would be J Cole, Laudieondatrack, Lil Tunechi, I'll say some Uzi Vert, and definitely a lot of old school rappers. I love old school hip hop.

Jad: What went down for you to sign with Magnolia?

Vick: Magnolia noticed me right away. Treated me like I was part of the fam out the gate. They invited me over to their offices as soon as they heard my music. Once I made it over to the studio, everything was pretty much set in stone. The vibe was dope, everybody was cool with me being on board, and we got some of the best artists in Los Santos ranging from DrillBill, Count Em Clay, and some other new additions, not including myself, who gone put that fire back to Los Santos.

Jad: Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with me; I really appreciate it. 

Vick: Oh no doubt, fearsome, I had fun, and I'm glad to put my story out there.

I want to thank MoneyMan Vick and Magnolia Records for allowing me to do this interview; This is Jad McFearson signing out on this third edition of Word on the Street. Stay tuned for more exciting interviews with the biggest artists in Los Santos!

Y8l4IDT.png

2OyH6Zd.png

Y8l4IDT.png

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - CLICK HERE

• Upvote 4
  • 1 month later...
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic