Updating the county jail rules

TpRoll

For the last two days I've rp'd in prison, admin involvement over the outdated prison rules has hindered the ability to roleplay in prison. I remember being scolded for not taking my admin record into account after I stabbed a man who said and did the following: "Let's mob on these weak ass niggas" "I'll fuck you up"  He flipped every table in the pod through /me He sat at the Sureno table, and then proceeded to insult and provoke the Surenos who tried to tell him to leave.  He grabbed his nuts, then flipped me off, after repeatedly calling me and others bitches. He then said to medff48f895787ee2b60e385fb8fe6c42a.png

After having provoked the entire prison for a solid 15+ minutes, at this point I had decided to roleplay charging the man with a prison shiv. He did not respond in character, instead opting to run away scriptly, to which I responded to in turn by chasing after him and injuring him scriptly, at which point the admin arrived. Paraphrasing, I was told by the admin that they had been watching Trey since the last sit from twenty-ish minutes ago, as well as the situation. I was given a passive-aggressive scolding as "I should know better considering my administrative history." He then removed Trey from prison as they had served their time, after giving them a verbal warning and telling them not to do so. For me this begs the question: why did this happen? An admin should have been able to kick or remove Trey Watts had they been seeing him provoke and act like an all around minge for 20+ minutes, yet it is the prisoners who got scolded for attempting to do something about the man actively hurting the RP experience who admins were doing nothing about. 

Yesterday me, and another inmate went to perform a car removal. There was one deputy on, and so we figured that since it would be a non-fatal attack it wouldn't be an issue. The man who was removed then called the same admin from the previous situation who voided the events entirely. His reasoning for this doesn't seem to be the fact that it lowered the RP quality in prison, in my opinion it did not seem that he cared about prisoners being able to RP, and the only justification for why we couldn't do it was the fact there was only 1 guard around.  To me it seems that the rules regarding prison are esoteric, and inhibit the ability of people who want to roleplay there to police their own roleplay quality; a task that the SD isn't capable of doing with their current level of prison activity, and a task the administration seems to be unwilling to do even when they observe it happen. 

The administration needs to take into account the reality that prison RPers are facing, and modify the rules to allow these prisoners to regulate the quality of roleplay,  rather than restrict them and their ability to roleplay. I understand not allowing riots without enough guards, as it cannot be properly roleplayed without that many online, but many of the things that fall under the three guards rule are perfectly capable of being roleplayed. At the situation in question we were told to take the man getting removed from the Car into a cell to 1v1. I am not sure what the admin knows about how the Woodpile functions, as white men almost never attack anybody alone, especially in a cell which the guards cannot see into whilst doing a car removal. This 1v1 rule is odd to me, as it seems to only give power to bad roleplayers. Script fighting on this server, especially in a cell, is primarily numbers and luck based, and most people wouldn't risk their characters lives to improve the overall roleplay quality by 1v1ing some random newbie that is provoking. 

These rules seriously need to be implemented. There is a-lot of unrealism, 

going on in the prison. There are a-lot of people who go out looking for trouble.

As an example, I was RP'ing hiding my weapon in my cell on the second floor. 

Someone from the first floor sees my /me and runs upstairs, and heads to my

cell. There's a-lot of this happening in the jail. 

Realisticly, if a situation like that happened, someone walking inside your cell, 

trying to see your business and all, they'd be handled. Just last night, someone

was trying to provoke me in the jail, heading into my cell, trying to cause trouble.

However, I wasn't able to do anything because there was only 1 CO online. 

Rules need to change for the jail, period.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:11 AM, MARTÍNEZ said:

These rules seriously need to be implemented. There is a-lot of unrealism, 

going on in the prison. There are a-lot of people who go out looking for trouble.

As an example, I was RP'ing hiding my weapon in my cell on the second floor. 

Someone from the first floor sees my /me and runs upstairs, and heads to my

cell. There's a-lot of this happening in the jail. 

Realisticly, if a situation like that happened, someone walking inside your cell, 

trying to see your business and all, they'd be handled. Just last night, someone

was trying to provoke me in the jail, heading into my cell, trying to cause trouble.

However, I wasn't able to do anything because there was only 1 CO online. 

Rules need to change for the jail, period.

6) Add mandatory OOC sentences for crimes -  hours to serve before you can be released. As it stands people don't have to roleplay in jail whatsoever to complete their sentences, they can change character and this creates an enviroment where only the most dedicated jail roleplayers are active, and if their timezones don't line up then jail is completely inactive. I've heard suggestions for a percentage of a sentence made before but this doesn't really make sense, because 30% of a twenty day sentence is 144 hours which is ridiculously long. OOC sentence times should be reworked to more reasonable amounts, in the fifteen to thirty hour range instead of days, but this time would have to be in game. 

7) Remove the x3 reward for roleplaying in jail to go along with suggestion #6. 

24 minutes ago, TpRoll said:

6) Add mandatory OOC sentences for crimes -  hours to serve before you can be released. As it stands people don't have to roleplay in jail whatsoever to complete their sentences, they can change character and this creates an enviroment where only the most dedicated jail roleplayers are active, and if their timezones don't line up then jail is completely inactive. I've heard suggestions for a percentage of a sentence made before but this doesn't really make sense, because 30% of a twenty day sentence is 144 hours which is ridiculously long. OOC sentence times should be reworked to more reasonable amounts, in the fifteen to thirty hour range instead of days, but this time would have to be in game. 

7) Remove the x3 reward for roleplaying in jail to go along with suggestion #6. 

Crime rate most deff dropping with these being put in place. 

While I agree with all of this, I think the main issue with the jail is the lack of guards on-duty at any time. I roleplayed in the jail for 3 months and absolutely hated roleplaying in the jail personally, it became a burden for me to reach the required 5 hours of activity. It just wasn't my type of fun. While roleplay is available as a guard, it also brings up the point that only a certain amount of people properly roleplay the jail which also causes a headache when roleplaying a guard.

From experience, atleast half of the TTCF roleplay tends to be those who are not the best roleplayers. They tend to be those who are new to teh server and commit petty crimes and are caught red handed nearly everytime. Once they go to the jail, they take their poor roleplay with them and only want to roleplay fighting other inmates, and other concerns. 

I haven't roleplayed in TTCF as a Guard in nearly 2 months but this could've changed! I feel bad for the Sheriff's Department having to deal with this headache on an everyday basis and give a tremendous kudos to those who enjoy RPing the jail!

• mj2002 locked this topic