Third House Tax - Thoughts?

Le Englishman

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Who are you here to convince? Anyone with as much as a pea sized brain would understand that if monetary amount is higher than what you currently own, then you cannot afford it.

Anyone with as much as a pea sized brain would read the thread post properly and learn that this is a taxation issue, properties are not un-affordable and there is plenty out there, im not disputing any of that. I pay for all my properties with the current tax system in place, I disagree with said tax, very different from not being able to afford.

Look at my break down and basic break down to understand it further.

I get taxed IRL and moan about it, doesn't mean I cant afford to live.... so i'm not to sure where your blatant attitude has come from but please do refrain from making un-related comments and read the thread properly. If you do have something to say about the fact landlords get charged 120% tax then please do so in a constructive manner.

18 minutes ago, $dollar$ said:

I just dont agree on the price I pay.

Oh well. Sucks to be you. I don't agree I have to pay 180 grand for a Buffalo S when it's a 2014 sedan and there's jack shit special about it but oh well! If I need it for RP, I'll buy it. I don't really get a choice nor does anyone care if I agree or disagree on the place. Cut losses, sell vehicles if you have many, re-furnish and accommodate more people, or lower your rent prices and attract more people. 

7 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Oh well. Sucks to be you. I don't agree I have to pay 180 grand for a Buffalo S when it's a 2014 sedan and there's jack shit special about it but oh well! If I need it for RP, I'll buy it. I don't really get a choice nor does anyone care if I agree or disagree on the place. Cut losses, sell vehicles if you have many, re-furnish and accommodate more people, or lower your rent prices and attract more people. 

How have you missed the point also, why are you giving me tips on saving money? its not an issue I feel like I am repeating myself here. At least try and be constructive and stay on topic, Its about a tax rate! at no point have I said im angry because I cannot afford properties.... Im saying its going to take me 8 months to a year to pay back the property. If you disagree, tell me why, be constructive, dont just rage like the lad about you has offering nothing valuable to the thread.

This will be the last post from me but again, READ THE THREAD!

You do have a point. The property tax prevents those who cannnot afford the tax to not purchase the extra homes which is what it is there for, and why it should stay. But for those who can afford it they are more likely in the future to not sell those houses unless they are willing to take the loss, leading to properties being hoarded.

Fundamentally, the issue is that the only things to buy on this server with your money (of a significant amount) is property and vehicles meaning owning more than one property or vehicle is quite achievable which is why the measures are there in the first place. So, the solutions would be: create/develop new ideas for how people can spend money; allow those approved as landlords to be exempt from the property tax; allow for a full or partial refund of the tax IF the player is selling the property to another player.