The 'new' property rules about sales are not working at all and killed the housing roleplay

zaXer.

If you want to make honest profit from houses, become an estate agent and get paid in commission and fees.

If you want to create different interiors instead, become an interior decorator and get paid for materials and man hours used.

Else you’re just flipping and providing no roleplay to the server whilst quickly inflating property value. It’s as simple as that and it could easily become stricter to mitigate the ongoing problem of house hunting and impulsive auction purchases. Current solutions have greatly reduced this problem in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I mean realistically a real estate agent wouldn't just go around refurbish and sell about five houses in a day. These new rules help out in realism and stop lonewolf real estate agents driving around in their JDM cars and Paraiahs. 

Edited by Woona
14 hours ago, Pádraig said:

While the selling limit hasn't done well for the availability of housing it has worked wonders in curbing cancerous house flipping and most importantly, inflation.

Yes sir, the real issue that would have stemmed from the constant flipping of properties would have ultimately been inflation, we'd be buying three hundred thousand dollar properties for millions by next year if not for these rules & regulations.

To be honest, the house market is fine as is. I can't comment any disadvantages otherwise the fact that the people who don't use their house whatsoever, should be punished accordingly. And, fixing the MP can be a good step towards a better future within the real-estate scene.

If you think a house is inactive, PM has reports for that and I assure you, they look into it thoroughly. Determining whatnot. The idea of increasing from 3x MP and furniture is stupid for sakes. You can not sell a 500,000$ house for 2 million cause some people have money to waste. I own a house myself and bought it for the exact buyout but I had to wait for atleast a month for it, RP'ed the talk and reached a conclusive decision.

These types of discussions more frustrate the PM in making decisive, conclusive ends. So- I'd just say, refrain but this is something to be looked at, especially inactive ones. Or ones, who already own 10 houses before the limit even occurred.

Edited by Wolfgang

I think the cap on the prices of houses could safely be removed tbh.  We have plenty of multi-interior apartments in the city that are available for market price.  As the OP said, the price controls don't meet the intended goal of making housing affordable, it just makes it a race to post "buyout".  I'd vote for removing the cap and letting market forces take over (also you can then tax the hell out of rich people with a sales tax).  Maybe do it as a month trial and see what happens or something.

12 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I think the cap on the prices of houses could safely be removed tbh.  We have plenty of multi-interior apartments in the city that are available for market price.  As the OP said, the price controls don't meet the intended goal of making housing affordable, it just makes it a race to post "buyout".  I'd vote for removing the cap and letting market forces take over (also you can then tax the hell out of rich people with a sales tax).  Maybe do it as a month trial and see what happens or something.

You can't. That's proven through nearly every property ad that is asking for 3x the market price plus the cost of furniture. There are people who actually only care about money on this server and see everything as a way to increase that number.

The lack of houses isn't due to the property rules but due to lack of ... you guessed it... houses. There are MANY properties that haven't been scripted in yet for whatever reason. Once the vinewood houses and mansions are scripted in, the mirror park folk will move there which will free up all the mirror park rich whales that are chilling out there.

bruh this guy just wants to flip housers and make mad cash, housing had 0 roleplay wtf is housing roleplay

I bought some houses since I joined the server, it's never RP, the only /me's done are "signing papers" (sometimes not even that) and then the rest of it is all scriptwise. Change the thread title to "The new property sales rules killed my profit from flipping houses" , we both know you're not suffering from a lack of rp because of this change.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 3

I think there needs to be more houses for sale to provide opportunity and variation. 

House RP is sure dead and people just buy the cheapest one going and rp a millionaire because at the end of the day its a spawn to them or its all they could get as no-one sells much any more. Not to mention the 120% tax added to your third property if your approved as a land lord. 

It is a shame and a better system does need to be thought of, anyone who thinks it "works" your right, but its not efficient nor is it a particularly system.

• Bombie locked this topic