Ability to delete 3 characters a month.

Loko

6 minutes ago, Pathway said:

Then report if you see that happening, we literally have a cmd to revive ourselves that we've been trusted with, but deleting your character is too far since you might abuse it? 

If that is the case, why can't we ask admins to delete chars for us under specific situations? Why is it only world point purchases that let us delete characters. If it was to prevent abuse, surely there'd be other ways to delete your char other than just paying for it?

I think this post pretty much wins this whole discussion.

If the server didn't want anyone to "abuse" it, it would be disabled for 30 days. But they're letting it get somehow "abused" for money. This sounds like a marketing plan to gain more profit from world points because some people have to pay to delete their characters to be able to join a faction that they wish joining, it should atleast have a 5 day cooldown. Not a entire 30 days, that's absurd.

Edited by Loko
6 minutes ago, Loko said:

If the server didn't want anyone to "abuse" it, it would be disabled for 30 days. But they're letting it get somehow "abused" for money. This sounds like a marketing plan to gain more profit from world points because some people have to pay to delete their characters to be able to join a faction that they wish joining, it should atleast have a 5 day cooldown. Not a entire 30 days, that's absurd.

exactly. This along with the fact that the cheapest option to buy WP is 50. So if I buy a namechange i'll have 20 left, meaning if I want to buy another one i need to buy WP again, and you cannot even give your leftover WP to people, how can you look at all these factors and say "nah man it's not for profit it's just to stop abuse".

Deleting your character shouldn't be a donator feature that should be very obvious.

12 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I don't know what you're doing to need to delete 3 characters/month.

Figure out what you want to roleplay before getting into it.

So I can try out legal rp and join another illegal faction with my friends that I have been waiting over 15 days because the server wants to make profit off forcing people to NC or delete their character using WP, if it gets abused then there's no way to stop it unless you report. Server's pulling off a marketing plan and excuses it for "character development" when someone says otherwise.

Edited by Loko

I think it should maybe just be changed to one every 2 weeks. Just to make the time a bit shorter but still have you wait a bit. I can't imagine a point where you'd need to delete a character then immediately delete another character. 

And if you do you can donate a bit of world points like the system currently let's you. Otherwise delete one character and focus on developing the new one you create. 

In my opinion this thread starts to be a circlejerk between 2-3 guys, the main arguments being that the server shouldn’t lock this option behind a paywall, or that waiting so long blocks you from roleplaying as you would.

As I’m not going to quote everyone separately, I’m just going to say that, as a personal opinion, after reading all other comments, I still wouldn’t agree. 

The fact that you have to pay for it is inherently a method of stopping abuse, as you would hit a point when you would decide that throwing anymore money at it wouldn’t be worth it. I think the server does a good job of supporting the costs by only taking money for really optional life improvements or cosmetics. Acusing the server of having a marketing plan is a bit of a far throw, considering that, if you ask me, the players who need to recycle between 2-4 characters per month are the exception, not the rule.

Being locked out of a faction because you can’t join with any of your 3 characters and you have to wait a month before deleting one of them so you could join sounds exactly how it should be, if you ask me. Certainly, if you decided to take all of your 3 characters in such a life direction that IC’ly speaking, none of them are able to join said faction, then you’ve made a decision, haven’t you? Not only once, you’ve made it three times. Now you suddenly want it all scrubbed down, because you had a change of mind, and you want to join “that” faction, and you want to join it right now!1!!!1!1!1

I think actions should have consequences, and 3 character slots gives you enough options and enough possibilities to experience different types of roleplay. A server without consequences would mean a server with watered down roleplay.

I feel that the only persons who would want no restrictions/looser restrictions on character creation/deletion are exactly those who tend to recycle between characters, or those who use them to roleplay really similar lives/situation, and then recycling again when the shit hits the fan / situation turns sour, cue the “All my 3 characters are in prison after criminal roleplay”. If you did criminal roleplay on all 3 characters, then you should accept the consequences 3 times.

Criminal roleplay is a combination of adrenaline- fueled roleplay, mixed with the risk of a prison sentence if things turned bad. Why would you want the former without the latter?