The advantage of LSPD

MixedKidYT

3 minutes ago, MixedKidYT said:

Arguable, that could be chalked up to multiple things some people who in hood areas go to shooting ranges, and might even gain experience from past situations, or maybe you could chalk the head shots up to luck, who knows. but there is a difference in between some headshots and a whole firing squad able to curve bullets around a "human shield

People thinking you need decades of training to be proficient with a firearm make me laugh every time, you know who doesn’t laugh though? The hundreds of thousands, perhaps a million, Uyghurs, Kazakhs, Kyrgyz and other ethnic Turkic Muslims, Christians as well as some foreign citizens such as Kazakhstanis, who are being held in these secretive concentration camps in China where forced labor and organ harvesting are the norm. As for the LSPD, you’re just saying you that happened and I haven’t seen a video or proof whatsoever. Am I to believe the LSPD really roleplay a curving bullet just because you say so? 

8 minutes ago, MixedKidYT said:

I have some points to make about this for one, not everyone is afraid of dying and some people fear prison more then they do death, now the part about the whole gang life in prison thing is flawed, now sure from an RP standpoint your life in prison would continue, but if we are speaking OOC how many people are gonna spend their whole jail sentence RPing? Although some people do a lot of people just play on different characters or even don't play until their sentence is over.

I haven’t had a single meaningful roleplay interaction in jail, it was terrible and I’d rather die than go to jail.

• Upvote 1

I am not saying, you need years. I am saying you need years to do it on moment's notice. That does not apply to people from war-torn countries cause they are raised among weapons and bloodshed. They come out as someone who know their tools and how to use them properly as that is usually mandatory for their survival. Most of these people live by a strict code however. So technically you can consider that as training as well. I am mostly saying that hits like "Me hops out of the car and quickly puts two bullets into someone's head and then hop back in." now that requires some training prior to the hit.

Besides most of gangsters won't even leave the car, they will just pull down the window and shoot as they pass around, cause they don't wanna spend much time on the scene, mind you, not cause they afraid of cops, but cause such hit usually happens on enemy turf. Here's an example of actually planned hit, which is realistic as it happened already many times in real life. "You watch your target, you do some research on it, you pinpoint exact location where they are most vulnerable and you hit them there. That could be anywhere. On a traffic stop, park your van next to their car, slide the side door open. Smg spray, close the door. Go away." Happened many times in real life. And believe, I am not sure how's it in US, but organized crime hits in EU are, well organized.

A bolt-action rifle in hands of a discharged soldier or an ex-cop is lot more effective than a drive-by.

I'm not sure how the above contributed to the discussion but I would like to express the need to report this to the admins if you feel that something unrealistic or inappropriate has happened. You are always free to contact me or anyone else from the Executive staff of the LSSD if you have those complaints on deputies.

Hello, I just want to add that we live in a city where majority of the population own a fast car and have it "maxed out". In the real world if majority of the public own sports cars the police force will acquire a fast vehicle to combat them, look at the Dubai PD they have all kinds of sports cars.

Edited by Wally
3 minutes ago, Wally said:

Hello, I just want to add that we live in a city where majority of the population own a fast car and have it "maxed out". In the real world if majority of the public own sports cars the police force will acquire fast vehicle to combat them, look at the Dubai PD they have all kinds of sports cars.

That's untrue, the Dubai Police do not use those vehicles, they are just for PR. 

https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/dubai-police-supercars/index.html

''But Dubai's police superfleet isn't used for high-speed chases down Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, or very many police duties at all for that matter. Instead, the cars cruise around the Dubai Mall area and Jumeirah Beach Residence in search of tourists and attention.''

Edited by Tseard
added link
6 minutes ago, Wally said:

Either way, I can say for a fact our high speed units which is already very limited are not too fast, there are a few cars that will still out run us. It also depends on the driver from both sides.

Interceptors are rarely used anyways and not necessary most of the times. I've kept up with high end vehicles in a victor or scout with no problems. It's all about driver skill, map knowledge and how well you know the vehicle. People have driven thousands of miles in the PD patrol vehicles and know how to handle them in all situations at all speeds.

You can also really tell when pursuing someone that knows how to drive very well, he's very hard to keep up to and without air it can be a real struggle sometimes.

Edited by Rozi
3 minutes ago, Rozi said:

Interceptors are rarely used anyways and not necessary most of the times. I've kept up with high end vehicles in a victor or scout with no problems. It's all about driver skill, map knowledge and how well you know the vehicle. People have driven thousands of miles in the PD patrol vehicles and know how to handle them in all situations at all speeds.

Yup, also there have been times where a officer in a interceptor (high speed unit) has lost a rental blista. 

Edited by Wally
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Rozi said:

You can also really tell when pursuing someone that knows how to drive very well, he's very hard to keep up to and without air it can be a real struggle sometimes.

I wouldn't say interceptors are "rarely used", they're used daily by traffic. But arguably they are necessary given it's more common than not those evading are in a vehicle which outruns basic patrol cars (anything over around 110mph).

OT: If you're experiencing this then literally record it, ideally use ShadowPlay to capture the whole situation. If there's anything actually wrong with the behaviour of the officers/deputies then appropriate action will be taken and any IC outcomes will likely be voided.

Edited by Fuzzy