The advantage of LSPD

MixedKidYT

Maybe it's just me, but EVERY /report made against PD during situations have been immediately trashed by staff and claimed as an 'IC issue'. But the moment a PD player reports a situation, it's handled. (This is personal witnessing, I'm sure it's not literally every time, but I've never seen or heard of it ever going through.)

• Upvote 2

@Ears Up

@Gargam3i

Let me make 1 thing clear. I'm not flaming. Flaming on a forum board is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine. 

Don't mistake me being passionate about defending the faction I'm in for flaming, that being said. If what I said came over as "borderline offensive" then by all means, mea culpa. Not meant to come across as such.

What I meant, in TL:DR form. Is that, in my humble opinion, we are held to a higher standard compared to illegal Rp'ers. Generally speaking that is. I've roleplayed as illegal character before, but admittedly it's been some time since. As cop RP is just far more appealing to me. However.. 

The key differences that I noticed, were like Trudeau mentioned earlier. You are alot more "free" in illegal factions. Free to determine how you want your character to go, for the most part, free to pick what you want to go out and do together with your friends. 

In PD, there's alot more red tape to go through. There's alot of stuff you don't necessarily want to do, but have to do in order to advance. The environment is different, the atmosphere is different. 

But regardless of how you turn it. One balances out the other, ying vs yang. And why I feel the burden of nurturing new rpers falls onto everyone's shoulders equally, rather than solely on the LEO factions.

It saddens me to hear people claim there's a lack of consequences on PD's side. When in my eyes this is untrue. @Ears Up I've seen many folks in the faction CK of their own volition because they felt the gravitas of the rp they were in justified doing so. 

If we get in trouble, the simplest reprimand can set a person back a month at the very least. Detectives in particular if they misstep, or get murked. In some cases get yeeted from their cases. 

There's more, but you get the idea. This might seem like not a big deal to you, but for someone in the faction, it most definitely is. 

In closing. Again, I am not intending to badmouth anyone that's an illegal RP'er. My best interactions I've had on the server come from you guys, and I've rarely if ever had any bad run-ins with any of you. 

I'm just saying that the only way we'll all have a good time together, new & old, illegal or illegal, is if we all get along together. And all equally share the burdens when it comes to new Rpers. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...