The advantage of LSPD

MixedKidYT

I've been in both legal and illegal. I found that being in an illegal faction brought me way more relaxed rp then in the LSPD. since in the lspd you deal with way more random players then you would as an illegal character or even civilian. And a fast majority doesn't want to roleplay with PD which is seen most the time in how they react ICly. Both sides has their pros and cons. And in both sides there are rotten apples. That's cause we deal with humans. That doesn't mean neither party should strive for the best. Cause we should and feedback should always be heard as long as it's constructive.

I don't see that PD always has advantages, I've had an illegal char for 6 months, thieving, murdering, battery and assaulting is what I did, but also passive and I've never been in the spot lights with PD nor have I ever been arrested that char. I left the faction and thus was ck'd. 

I think half the issue is how you approach things the other half is which officer you encounter. Everyone has their own qualities, example for me is my aim is shite. But my driving is well above average (most of the time, not always😁). It's all circumstantial and I do agree with what Selena said, if you have issues you should report it cause they can't watch every officer and pd sit for 24 hours. 

8 hours ago, Gargam3i said:

And so are you, you speak highly of double-standards and pull all of the illegal roleplayers over one edge. There's /MULTIPLE/ of illegal factions that has a lengthier and heavier initiation process than that of LSPD which requires a magnitude of screenshots, roleplay, development, portrayal, and unique ideas of roleplay to even gain the slightest step through the door, something that you viciously just swept away in your earlier comment:

Exactly.... Sorry @Kenshi Haroku but you're talking about double standards yet displaying them yourself. As the leader of the previous MS-13 faction, our recruitment process was much lengthier than that of the LSPD, we also had extremely high standards both IC and OOC. The smallest mistake could've gotten you CK'ed and forced to start over, the recruitment process took around 3-4 months to complete for the average member, this is on an OOC level. IC wise it would realistically have taken 3-4 years of constant trial and error before said character was even trusted enough to be jumped in. Not to mention that the other illegal factions here also have very lengthy recruitment processes along with the constant threat of a CK. 

The LSPD lacks consequences as serious as those in the illegal factions. If somebody in an illegal faction breaks an IC rule, he/she is often Character Killed, losing that character and every single shred of development it carries. In the LSPD if you make a mistake, you're either demoted IC or discharged from the department and allowed to make a new character of the exact same rank, don't say it doesn't happen, I've observed it multiple times, such as with the case of an Officer named Vivienne. You can't just downplay illegal rp and the effort they put in just because you think that being the LSPD requires more effort, that's nonsense. 

Not to mention that in most illegal factions if you non-rp fear and end up dead, you're force CKed by the faction's leadership, no offense bro but I have not once seen that happen in the LSPD. I've seen officers blatantly ignore any kind of fear rules and provoke gang members in the middle of the night in the ghetto. Though, if they get shot for their wrongdoings? We're the bad guys, not them. Those are the real double standards that are present. Just like Gargam3i i find some of your statements to be quite offensive, especially things like this, which are obviously condescending, such as what I'm gonna quote below.

You, and your hood homies/associates/insertothername have freedom to do whatever it is you want to do. Without any form of "paperwork" or obligations required of you. 

This couldn't be further from the truth. I was CKed THREE times from Varrio Rancho 13 due to simple mistakes until i started to get things right, yes, members of illegal factions don't particularly have to do extensive 'paperwork', but to say that we have no obligations expected of us in these factions? That's quite far from the truth and in my opinion, very offensive.

• Upvote 2

I don't think LSPD has any advantages that are considered unfair at all. Most accounts I seen mentioned that happen as a "daily occurrence" doesn't get reported on. Making a lone report with no evidence does nothing but take about 30 seconds out of an admin's day. It's not possible for every report made to be investigated in full, and would only slow down report times I feel. Player Reports exist for a reason and I haven't seen one occurrence brought up here that has been made a player report. "But admins won't do anything about!" - then staff reports exist if you feel like that decision was unfair. 

As for IC advantages, there's really nothing wrong with them at all. Most of these advantages get put in place so illegal role-players actually have to think through their actions. Often times most illegal role-players will not quit even after being caught multiple times. Most scenes that happen should add on to a character's development; which doesn't happen.

No idea where this idea that cops should lose their position after being CK'd or namechanging came from. Afaik, no PD or SD members have been forcibly CK'd due to rule breaks or the situation, all CK's have been voluntary and a large amount of them went through while the rest of the faction disagreed with the person doing it. If you think people don't get punished enough, that's on the admin team, not the Los Santos Police Department. The LSPD issues punishments for any server actions conducted to the member (in-game or forum report) and if it's an in-character rule break, it has to be caught by someone and either reported or sent to a supervisor, but considering the interior cultures of both LEO factions, you'll be hard pressed to find someone to talk to Internal Affairs truthfully.  If you tried to implement such a rule that cops would have to start from Police Officer 1 (and go through the field training system again) after the aforementioned actions, two things would occur. One, LEO's would no longer take voluntary CK's and two, likely an increase in a play to win attitude, which this community seems to think is the largest issue. If I was to use just my character's time as a police officer as an example as to why this idea doesn't work, which will be an extreme but I digress.

Malcolm Sanders is a detective, of which I'll break down the general requirements. You have to be a Police Officer 2 for a month at least, have extensive experience or knowledge to showcase during your interview to get into the Detective Training Program or have work to show from IES/GED as well as sufficient knowledge. After you get into the program, you have to prove that you're good enough to stay with casework, reports and general activity. On top of that, while the program's been slimmed down significantly in the past year, Detectives have to do 10 workbooks, which I found out myself after completing them that they are a sort of shortened version of real life LAPD workbooks. The workbooks span numerous topics and can be/still are useful resources when conducting investigations. The entire process of getting into DTP and passing it took approximately two months. This doesn't count my character's time from Field Training in the LSPD (which was much shorter back in Sept. 2019) or even the fact that my character transferred to the Sheriff's Department, made Detective there, resigned and reinstated into the LSPD and remade detective via the training program. If I did factor in that time, it'd end up being a little over a year, as this character's coming up on existing for 2 years if he hasn't already. My character has never been punished for any in-character transgressions (despite the numerous times he might've crossed the line in front of someone) and I have never received any OOC punishment, so it's impossible for me to speak on those processes here. If Malcolm was killed off for some reason or if I was to get bored of him, whatever the circumstance is, and you told me I had to start from P1 again with my new character and put in ALL that time again? I'd quit the server. The only reason I'm on this server is to help provide quality roleplay for people around me and ride this character's arc till the end to begin with, so even if I planned on staying afterwards I would NEVER do the Field Training Program in either department ever again.

If you have such an issue with the LSPD, why not try to join it and see the issues for yourself to create your own judgement instead of making assumptions from the outside that don't even paint close to a full picture? Alternatively, join the Sheriff's Department if that's more your jam but ultimately, if you haven't been in these factions and your only experience on this server is illegal roleplay, then it would be like me coming in and telling an illegal faction that they're not portraying the real life gang they wanted to portray properly.

anyhow if you think a cop's roleplay is shit or they didn't do something properly within the server's rules, you can gather evidence for a report and file it. if you don't want too because "staff is bias and cops will get away with it" then you're not really contributing or helping anyone, are you?

Edited by Undead
20 minutes ago, Undead said:

No idea where this idea that cops should lose their position after being CK'd or namechanging came from. Afaik, no PD or SD members have been forcibly CK'd due to rule breaks or the situation, all CK's have been voluntary and a large amount of them went through while the rest of the faction disagreed with the person doing it. If you think people don't get punished enough, that's on the admin team, not the Los Santos Police Department. The LSPD issues punishments for any server actions conducted to the member (in-game or forum report) and if it's an in-character rule break, it has to be caught by someone and either reported or sent to a supervisor, but considering the interior cultures of both LEO factions, you'll be hard pressed to find someone to talk to Internal Affairs truthfully.  If you tried to implement such a rule that cops would have to start from Police Officer 1 (and go through the field training system again) after the aforementioned actions, two things would occur. One, LEO's would no longer take voluntary CK's and two, likely an increase in a play to win attitude, which this community seems to think is the largest issue. If I was to use just my character's time as a police officer as an example as to why this idea doesn't work, which will be an extreme but I digress.

Malcolm Sanders is a detective, of which I'll break down the general requirements. You have to be a Police Officer 2 for a month at least, have extensive experience or knowledge to showcase during your interview to get into the Detective Training Program or have work to show from IES/GED as well as sufficient knowledge. After you get into the program, you have to prove that you're good enough to stay with casework, reports and general activity. On top of that, while the program's been slimmed down significantly in the past year, Detectives have to do 10 workbooks, which I found out myself after completing them that they are a sort of shortened version of real life LAPD workbooks. The workbooks span numerous topics and can be/still are useful resources when conducting investigations. The entire process of getting into DTP and passing it took approximately two months. This doesn't count my character's time from Field Training in the LSPD (which was much shorter back in Sept. 2019) or even the fact that my character transferred to the Sheriff's Department, made Detective there, resigned and reinstated into the LSPD and remade detective via the training program. If I did factor in that time, it'd end up being a little over a year, as this character's coming up on existing for 2 years if he hasn't already. My character has never been punished for any in-character transgressions (despite the numerous times he might've crossed the line in front of someone) and I have never received any OOC punishment, so it's impossible for me to speak on those processes here. If Malcolm was killed off for some reason or if I was to get bored of him, whatever the circumstance is, and you told me I had to start from P1 again with my new character and put in ALL that time again? I'd quit the server. The only reason I'm on this server is to help provide quality roleplay for people around me and ride this character's arc till the end to begin with, so even if I planned on staying afterwards I would NEVER do the Field Training Program in either department ever again.

If you have such an issue with the LSPD, why not try to join it and see the issues for yourself to create your own judgement instead of making assumptions from the outside that don't even paint close to a full picture? Alternatively, join the Sheriff's Department if that's more your jam but ultimately, if you haven't been in these factions and your only experience on this server is illegal roleplay, then it would be like me coming in and telling an illegal faction that they're not portraying the real life gang they wanted to portray properly.

anyhow if you think a cop's roleplay is shit or they didn't do something properly within the server's rules, you can gather evidence for a report and file it. if you don't want too because "staff is bias and cops will get away with it" then you're not really contributing or helping anyone, are you?

I don't necessarily disagree with u, but I'm just gonna say that nobody said that cops need to be stripped of their rank after being discharged IC or after CKing, my comment was in response to Kenshi's claims that the LSPD has far higher standards than illegal factions and that in said factions we can just do whatever we want, I was pointing out the differences. While yes, the LSPD has its rules and regulations that need to be followed, so do many illegal factions. Some players who rp legal seem to forget that and prefer to act as if we just sit around doing whatever we want.

One such difference is that generally, whether or not we CK our character willingly or not, we're 90% of the time required by either FM or by our faction to start a whole new character from the first rank, which in some factions can take just as long as it takes to go through all of the shit that members of legal factions have to go through.

Also. As to reading a few of these responses. Some issues don't seem to be with the Faction, Los Santos Police Department as a whole. It seems to be about a minority. I will admit there has been times where players like any other has made questionable judgement. We are apart of a faction. We're not robots or emotionless. Sometimes some people have more than just the game going on, in their lives. - I've seen rights and wrongs if every type of roleplay during my time within roleplay and here, in GTA-World itself. - Unfortunately, like the real world there will never be 'total perfection', no matter how many rules, posts, threads or complaints you make. However I can assure you that the Los Santos Police Department Members, and Senior Staff/Command/Executive etcetera, are doing our very best to make the experience enjoyable.

As for "Police Cruisers being fast", the only vehicle that has extensive capabilities to catch what we'd call modified sports vehicles, is our Interceptor. Which we need to have approval from a Supervisor, should there not be of anyone whom is in what's called our Traffic Enforcement Division. - We've had and have lower capable vehicles, such as the Scout, Granger, VVPI, and Buffalo, which all exceed in their specific areas. - This no doubt, and I've done my research before writing this, is in fair game. Because in real life, Police Departments don't buy stock bone or easy made vehicles to give advantage or fair. There's plenty of Departments; and some of what we base as to/in the LSPD, that hire professional garages or contracts to modify their vehicles. Such as the purchase of the Dodge Charger V8 / V10 Builds, that have alot of great capabilities. - Despite this, this isn't the reason we reduced. We reduced for plentiful reasons - Some are also OOC as GTA V is not totally realistic and excessive speed above what's known in the game would be unbareable.

But now speaking of You and LSPD sort of topics. Should a decision or judgement be questionable. There is places to go about that. And if you feel you've been severely wronged by a member. There's areas like Internal Affairs, Faction Management, Player Standards/Roleplay, Forum Report Section. - I'm not stating that this is the only way the Los Santos Police Department Faction hears you. Because trust me, there's a lot of us and word of suitable/relevant topics spread just like a Forum. - 

I've been in the Faction, give or take nearly two years now. And I've been on the server near-since it's opening. I've had many interactions of the Illegal, Legal, and Policing Roleplay. And out of all of them I can say I'm proud to be in the LSPD Faction, due to our progress, and continuous strive to make the changes that we're permitted to work with. I have never singly selected out any Suspect, or Civilian because they're affiliated or on any OOC basis. I have not caused discomfort to anyone within any purpose or ill intent and I know that there's plenty faction members out there whom also have gone above and beyond. - I do not feel that we're perfect, or that we're blame free from any incident that has occurred incorrectly or may occur incorrectly. But that's how we progress and learn.

LSPD Faction does take accountability for it's actions and plenty of it can be seen in the Forum Reports, and our own Public Section on the LSPD Forum. Dishonourable Discharges, IC and OOC do occur, not regular due to limitations of Illegal Content as LSPD without permission. But on the OOC Part, we all do our part to make sure you guys have the best fun you can, and there will never be total symmetry of ideas or vision of the LSPD Faction. - Some may deem an action appropriate, where as one whom may not be familiar with legal constitutions and other areas of Law/Legality itself may see an action as (passive) aggressive, or full attentive/passive. And it wont be cured, because if we all had to stop and go out in OOC in any platform mid-situation because a situation isn't how a person wants it to be. It wouldn't be roleplay. It'd be a script and re-inacted.

I do feel there will be some areas that our faction can improve, and some players themselves. No doubt, probably not known to me yet (as I'm still in the same fields as I've been for a long time due to my own comfort and choice), I may have other areas to work on in the future. But you can always approach that person and have a nice chat with them, whether alone or supervised by someone you trust from the staff. 

(My post here, does not speak on behalf of any seniority to the Faction, but only of my own input as a long-standing Faction Member and Player.)

- Besides this post. I hope you're all keeping safe and well! 🙂

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, Undead said:

If you tried to implement such a rule that cops would have to start from Police Officer 1 (and go through the field training system again) after the aforementioned actions, two things would occur. One, LEO's would no longer take voluntary CK's and two, likely an increase in a play to win attitude,

Nah you'd just end up with no cops, because people would quit when they got CKed. No one wants to needlessly go through months of being PO I and repeating the same FTPs you've already done.

This suggestion is completely silly and you'd just end up with a server with no cops. Which this one might as well be considering how ridiculously high crime rates and illegal gun ownership is.

Edited by arandomgamer
29 minutes ago, arandomgamer said:

Nah you'd just end up with no cops, because people would quit when they got CKed. No one wants to needlessly go through months of being PO I and repeating the same FTPs you've already done.

This suggestion is completely silly and you'd just end up with a server with no cops. Which this one might as well be considering how ridiculously high crime rates and illegal gun ownership is.

Honestly imo PD can do whatever as long as they provide good roleplay, and enjoyable experiences for the people they interact with. Not as much serving the experience but just properly portraying police interactions. Killing off good cops isn’t going to improve quality. I think officers should bare the absolute minimal burden of anything that isn’t in-game roleplay. Burn-out is a thing, and if cops have too much arbitrary extra shit they need to do out of the game it just ends up hurting in game performance. The argument that paperwork is an important part of the roleplay doesn’t convince me at all. 

• Applaud 1