The advantage of LSPD

MixedKidYT

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy said:

I wouldn't say interceptors are "rarely used", they're used daily by traffic. But arguably they are necessary given it's more common than not those evading are in a vehicle which outruns basic patrol cars (anything over around 110mph).

OT: If you're experiencing this then literally record it, ideally use ShadowPlay to capture the whole situation. If there's anything actually wrong with the behaviour of the officers/deputies then appropriate action will be taken and any IC outcomes will likely be voided.

Yeah but you have to consider that traffic is not always available, and also properly driving the interceptor is a whole other beast compared to the other patrol vehicles due to it's handling, and not everyone is able to properly handle it.

3 hours ago, MixedKidYT said:

And I would be fine with that except for the fact TWO admins said that he rped it correctly before it was overturned by a different admin.

Not every admin is perfect and those who don't know much about LEO rp cannot be held at fault, these two admins lets say X and Y, are just neutral roleplayers and they do whatever they want as their character, their knowledge would be completely different to someone who actively roleplays in the PD, SD, and FD for example. And to mention as you said, everyone makes mistakes, even admins. 

That's my point although cops deal with "IC punishment" they probably will get demoted or pked and go about their day, but if we mess up we might face major jail time, and you better hope that a cop doesn't see your name after you commit a crime because they will MG it, I've seen it before.

IF MG occurs you need to prove that other than just saying "they use teamspeak!!!!" because if you inquire to why they use teamspeak it may make more sense, though I will give you a brief run down. Updating over the /r command in game as a singular unit is extremely difficult and it tends to present PD, SD and FD rather poorly because could you imagine "PD Officer 1 says: Pursuit, car, backup" and then says "PD Officer 1 says: vinewood" - it doesn't meet the standards we strive for on this server, thus, the only IC communicative channel PD have access to is TACs. (The duty channels they sit in are for OOC chatter, if they are caught MGing they will face the consequences just like anyone else)

Not to mention PG, such as using a panic button after they die, or not rping any type of injuries during chases.

I can't say this isn't true, though, if this is the case, I would appreciate it you reported the panic button abuse because I've ajailed several people for this and I can only do my best to pick them out without constantly being down their necks, so I would appreciate if it got reported via forum report, LFM report, or even going to PD High Command. Likewise with the non-rp injuries.

From a roleplay standpoint sure, they will face punishment IC for their actions, but jailtime is almost an ooc thing considering you have to wait sometimes weeks to get back IG while police will always remain free men and can still RP as they please, and with the boring jail system it is even worse, and don't get me started on 48 hour hold investigations. Now for the CK thing it goes both ways, I have seen multiple instances when someone was killed by police and had to CK so I really can't say we are on the same playing field.

I get where you're coming from, however, you are able to keep that character that faced prison time, whereas, this PD character could have X amount of hours and be completely developed to the point of the OOC players satisfaction and then they get dishonourably discharged and forced to namechange if they wish to remain in the faction - that alone is quite harsh.

Realistically most people rping from the Davis areas cannot afford lawyers so that is not an option.

Apart of your Miranda rights is that if you cannot afford an attorney the court will appoint one for you.

What I do know is that PD and Gang rpers don't have the best of relationships and looking at it I can understand why because they lose something or PD is overpowered, or PD does something they dislike etc etc. The list goes on. There is only so much someone can do to fix an issue this big but I have to assure you that as the PD handler, issues that get brought to me minor or major will get dealt with and quite honestly I only want everyone to be treated fairly. I agree that both sides, PD and Gang rpers have bad apples and the only way they can pull them out if via reports. I genuinely believe that if people work together this could evolve into something better.

Secondly, PD don't get overlooked (so to say) - I can only speak for myself, but if PD, SD or FD get reported for doing something unrealistic or breaking a rule it's not going to be treated differently because in my eyes everyone is just a player. I don't care if you're the head of a gang, head of PD, SD or FD. You are players and if genuine honest mistakes happen then it happens. You also have to recognise that if this said PD member had a clean record for over 500+ hours we're not going to toss them into admin jail because if they've spent 500 hours with a clean record it'd be unfair to ruin that record there and then. Likewise with gang rpers, if you have a clean record I won't personally hand out an admin jail, unless absolutely necessary. There's a lot of factors admins have to consider before even looking for a punishment and evidently at the end of the day we only want the best for every single player as you all should get the same treatment and opportunity.

I don't mind these discussions as long as they remain civil and keep bashing to an absolute minimum because if we want things to change, constructive criticism is the best way to go.

Edited by Selena
6 minutes ago, Selena said:

Not every admin is perfect and those who don't know much about LEO rp cannot be held at fault, these two admins lets say X and Y, are just neutral roleplayers and they do whatever they want as their character, their knowledge would be completely different to someone who actively roleplays in the PD, SD, and FD for example. And to mention as you said, everyone makes mistakes, even admins. 

Sorry for quoting you solely on this, but I can't agree with you here. I've discussed it at length with someone this morning and their first reply was, "admin discretion".

To clarify, we're talking about a hypothetical situation of a cop getting out of the car, scrolling their gun and aiming/shooting back at the people (1 or several) aiming at them. This isn't knowing LEO RP, this is knowing RP in general — and if that hypothetical situation took /three admins/ to be ruled as non-RP, then there is an issue to discuss.

This might seem like I'm coming hard to hate on the admins. I don't really want to give that impression, and if anything I'm supportive of how the admin team works here, handling issues more justly and with more transparency than a lot of other communities I've seen.

Edited by yerro
Just now, yerro said:

Sorry for quoting you solely on this, but I can't agree with you here. I've discussed it at length with someone this morning and their first reply was, "admin discretion".

To clarify, we're talking about a hypothetical situation of a cop getting out of the car, scrolling their gun and aiming/shooting back at the people (1 or several) aiming at them. This isn't knowing LEO RP, this is knowing RP in general — and if that hypothetical situation took /three admins/ to be ruled as non-RP, then there is an issue to discuss.

This might seem like I'm coming hard to hate on the admins. I don't really want to give that impression, but there's no way to put it more softly.

I completely agree with you but if the discussion is about how an admin handles something that should be taken to Staff Management.

4 hours ago, MixedKidYT said:

From a roleplay standpoint sure, they will face punishment IC for their actions, but jailtime is almost an ooc thing considering you have to wait sometimes weeks to get back IG while police will always remain free men and can still RP as they please, and with the boring jail system it is even worse, and don't get me started on 48 hour hold investigations. Now for the CK thing it goes both ways, I have seen multiple instances when someone was killed by police and had to CK so I really can't say we are on the same playing field.

What do you mean by a week-long jail system... if you've committed several acts of first-degree murder and are probably in jail for 20+ days, then you probably deserved it. Then again, a seven-day sentence is actually around 2-3 days if you R.P. in prison, which isn't a bad as you presume it is. I've had tons of in-depth R.P. in prison. Stay online and wait for other players to come on, and I ensure you, it'll be entertaining with tons of development for your character.

Lack of Fear R.P. resulted in your C.K., which has happened to Law enforcement officers, in the past. One time, an officer entered an entire hood/complex of gang-bangers, by himself, with his firearm drawn... he was shot to death and CK'd.

A demotion, however, is a person losing MONTHS worth of labour, which is massive compared to a twenty-day sentence which could be served in a matter of a week.

I've been a criminal RPer for over a year, by the way... never had a single complaint against Law enforcement.

Edited by DLimit
2 hours ago, DLimit said:

What do you mean by a week-long jail system... if you've committed several acts of first-degree murder and are probably in jail for 20+ days, then you probably deserved it. Then again, a seven-day sentence is actually around 2-3 days if you R.P. in prison, which isn't a bad as you presume it is. I've had tons of in-depth R.P. in prison. Stay online and wait for other players to come on, and I ensure you, it'll be entertaining with tons of development for your character.

Lack of Fear R.P. resulted in your C.K., which has happened to Law enforcement officers, in the past. One time, an officer entered an entire hood/complex of gang-bangers, by himself, with his firearm drawn... he was shot to death and CK'd.

A demotion, however, is a person losing MONTHS worth of labour, which is massive compared to a twenty-day sentence which could be served in a matter of a week.

I've been a criminal RPer for over a year, by the way... never had a single complaint against Law enforcement.

I am not saying that the jail time isn't necessarily deserved, my point is that there is more to it for RP punishment for criminals then cops which is how it should be, but at the same time criminal rpers and LSPD cannot be compared. now I keep on seeing this thing about demotion is losing months of labor and whatever and I said that yes, RP wise there is great repercussion, but at the same time, if you get demoted you are still in LSPD and not to mention if you get demoted like you said, then you probably deserve it, and no I can never agree that the prison has good RP because it just doesn't I will not RP for 6 days in prison for a 18 day sentence (as an example) it just is not fun or realistic to me at all.

EDIT: It's great that you haven't has any complaints about LSPD but this doesn't mean no one has experienced issues with PD.

Edited by MixedKidYT

I'm very confused what this discussion is even about. You're complaining PD have an advantage, and frankly no one would disagree with you. IRL gangsters are kids born into poverty and dragged into the criminal life, usually 16-18 years old, untrained, with no money, and cops are trained professionals (in most cases of course there's exceptions) who have better equipment, better tactics, better everything. So why should that be different here? Cops SHOULD have an advantage and they do and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Raicyk said:

I'm very confused what this discussion is even about. You're complaining PD have an advantage, and frankly no one would disagree with you. IRL gangsters are kids born into poverty and dragged into the criminal life, usually 16-18 years old, untrained, with no money, and cops are trained professionals (in most cases of course there's exceptions) who have better equipment, better tactics, better everything. So why should that be different here? Cops SHOULD have an advantage and they do and there's nothing wrong with that.

Not what I mean, I more mean an OOC advantage compared to an IC one.

7 minutes ago, MixedKidYT said:

Not what I mean, I more mean an OOC advantage compared to an IC one.

Having fast cruisers = IC issue, jail times = IC issue, 48 hour holding = IC issue.... the only thing you've complained about that isn't an IC issue is the CK thing which doesn't have anything to do with the faction at all as no one in PD can decide when and when not to CK someone, that's up to the admin team which are doing a great job in my opinion. 

• Upvote 2