Move /breakin's to forums

DoomedAmerica

It wouldn't work like that since if your /breakin request on the forums gets accepted, you gotta /report for it in game and wait till an admin accepts it once again so your request can be done. There's no way to break in a property without admin supervision.

Personally, I think there should be a change in the way admins do their work and prioritize reports like breakin's, because as someone said waiting in front of a pawn shop masked for half an hour can ruin a lot of rp.

(commenting on this as I'm waiting for a /breakin request to be accepted)

Edited by imsilver
17 hours ago, imsilver said:

It wouldn't work like that since if your /breakin request on the forums gets accepted, you gotta /report for it in game and wait till an admin accepts it once again so your request can be done. There's no way to break in a property without admin supervision.

Did you see my suggestion? That is why I suggested something that would still hold players accountable even if there wasn’t an admin spectating. Can you not use a break in command to get in the house under the current system or does an admin unlock the house? Educate me so I understand it better. Not being sarcastic, for the record. Legitimately asking 😁 The forum system that requires screen shots would basically be the “accountability” check. An admin could check the screen shots afterwards and determine whether or not they were up to standards. 

Maybe the system needs changing to accommodate, but it sounds like the current system is dated and inefficient by what most people are saying in here. Time for a change? Lol

Edited by Juicebox
10 minutes ago, Selena said:

They'll never get responded to if they're on the forums - it's easier to have it nag us admins in game so it gets done rather than having an additional forum board to check. I disagree.

The only issue is the admins don't respond, there must be somewhat of a middle ground that can be found somehow, even if not a forum post. A new system perhaps that removes the need of an admin? I don't know. I think the issue is admins are always going to need to be required to respond to rulebreaks first, leaving breakins as a last priority and of course I understand that. However it does result in breakin roleplay becoming somewhat non-existent. 

How will putting this on the forum make the admins respond to it quicker? If anything it will only lengthen the wait time.

Only way this could work is, the admin accepts the request and gives you a certain time period to carry out the breakin, but even then... they still need to spectate to make sure it's being roleplayed correctly.