Rain

Koala

7a369fe24608ec62027f51ea98955bc2.png

It's not based off of LA, at least not recently. It hasn't rained a drop in LA in the past week but here it rained multiple times. Facts are right there, I don't know how people can say that it's based off of LA weather.

OT: Yeah, it rains way too much. And it's too unpredictable, one second it'd be full on sunny, and then poof we got 'lightly raining'. There needs to be some sort of a transition that we can adapt ourselves to and act accordingly IC'ly.

Edited by Lemon
1 hour ago, bricksbricksbricks said:

Who cares LA weather lmao, gif rain,  gif snow. it's cool(literally), it's fun, it's variation. And gives you reasons for different clothes and provides some different RP. I've met people just because we stood under the same rain cover etc.

subtle hint before rain would be nice if u cant sync actual cloudy weather instead

exactly bruh, they need to add snow for the entirety of late november-late december, because there was no snow last year i'm pretty sure, and if it was it was probably for like 1 day.

7 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

But you do have an excellent point, synching the weather to LA /should/ be how the weather works on GTA:W.

It'd almost be the same as leaving the server always sunny🤣

I don't mind the rain as long as it is once or twice a week, but please make it cloudy before it starts raining. People can be roleplaying enjoying a sunny day at the beach, a yacht party or a trip to the countryside, and sudden rain out of the blue ruins the immersion experience, without giving the characters to say "Aye, let's go back, let's leave it to another day since it looks as it's gonna rain soon"

And while weather doesn't need to sync 100% like LA, please no snow, it'd be totally unrealistic for San Adreas Climate

Edited by Koala

For those who say it rains too much, that is correct, it does rain almost daily which is pretty weird, it should be sync'd to RL weather, yes. However I'd like to point out something - irrelevant to the discussion but it should be noted- Have you noticed how all throughout may up until October we didn't have rain?

Screenshot_20201101-135016_Chrome.jpg

It's a small detail which should be pointed out and has some realism in it.

Back to topic, rain should begin with a cloudy weather, yes, you don't see rain clouds just pouring down like a hose all of a sudden normally, that's a very rare occurrence

I was never a huge fan of admin messages like
"BIG DARK CLOUDS ARE APPROACHING"

I always found them too poetic/romanticized.

I'd rather give admins the ability to utilize a /rain or something that cycles the weather through sunny -> cloudy -> rainy -> sunny/cloudy within a 2 hour period or something.