An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

1 minute ago, Exploits said:

If this is paired with something like a debit card system so that we don't have to carry cash on us anymore, then maybe. But even then, I'm firm on my stance that the money you make robbing should not even factor into your decision to do it. It is not a scheme for making money. To look at robberies right now and come away with the conclusion that the problem is that it doesn't pay enough is ridiculous, because it is not a job; it does not provide a salary; there is no guaranteed pay or contract here. You're taking an immense risk and committing a felony and even with this suggestion in place, you're more likely to come away with $0 than with $10,000 (or +).

Either you commit a robbery because, circumstantially, it is fitting to your character, or it's undergone as a social signal to a criminal group that you're willing to take risks, or it's done to push away certain groups from your neighbourhood. That's to say -- do it for the role-play.

What's stopping you from roleplaying a debit card? YOu can literally pay anywhere using banktransfer commands, which you can roleplay as a debit card.

3 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

i'll have a hard time fitting that in my pockets unless you got cargo pants or something. I carry a wallet, phone, keys, etc and other things inside my pockets as well.

also, why would I walk around with $50k in my pockets IRL?

Gangs will go to those places, sure. Why would a club owner go and deposit $50k in the bank on his own, though? if you do a dumb move, your fault on losing it. Most businesses hire security for their openings - use them to move your money.

I don't know if you've ever held a 100 dollar bill, even I have, living in Spain, look at that picture. It clearly shows the tallness of a 100 dollar bill next to the stack.

The stack is aprox. 2.15 inches tall. The average pocket is around 6'4 inches across, letting you fit the money perfectly. 

Even if you carry keys, etc, if you can afford carrying all that money on you, you most likely have a suit jacket, and, at the same time, if you can afford carrying that money, you most likely won't be carrying much stuff / you'd be carrying a briefcase anyways for work stuff, etc, in the case of a suit jacket, they usually have inner pockets, which can easily be roleplayed.

Just now, zaXer. said:

What's stopping you from roleplaying a debit card? YOu can literally pay anywhere using banktransfer commands, which you can roleplay as a debit card.

Gee, I dunno, apparently carrying the money on me so I can do this is powergaming according to a certain individual and thread.

The #1 problem with this suggestion is that money, as it exists on the server, is very abstract. When I go to a mechanic, I don't have to carry $30,000 in my pockets to hire their service with cash as a lump sum payment. When I hire an interior designer, I don't have to pay her $100,000 in cash up front so she can buy furniture and paint. Most commerce in today's world, especially in metropolitan America, is conducted through digital funds. We buy things with credit cards, we use cash transaction apps, some people even use cryptocurrency. 

In real life, being robbed sucks, but the most expensive thing you're losing is probably your cellphone and your watch/jewelry. Unless you just went to the bank to get a load of cash, or you just sold something privately to someone (like a used laptop), you only lost about $40-60. The most annoying part of being robbed is having to then cancel all your credit cards and to order a new ID being printed and meanwhile not being able to drink because you don't have an ID.

There is still plenty of incentive for robbers at the moment. Getting $5,000 for a quick "/me aims gun" "/me runs your pockets" plus possibly getting valuable inventory items, drugs, or guns is awesome. No other job on the server can consistently make $5,000+ for that little RP--and if you get a gun or some drugs you can easily make 10-15k from a great robbery. We all know most criminal RPers intentionally target people who they think have PF guns on them.

Robberies suck. They're bad RP 99 times out of 100. They're not fun for the people getting robbed. They don't lead to any real interesting RP. By their very nature robberies have to be rushed. The RP quality is almost always terrible. And so many of them end in IC or OOC fights and admin situations. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Santanaa said:

I don't know if you've ever held a 100 dollar bill, even I have, living in Spain, look at that picture. It clearly shows the tallness of a 100 dollar bill next to the stack.

The stack is aprox. 2.15 inches tall. The average pocket is around 6'4 inches across, letting you fit the money perfectly. 

Even if you carry keys, etc, if you can afford carrying all that money on you, you most likely have a suit jacket, and, at the same time, if you can afford carrying that money, you most likely won't be carrying much stuff / you'd be carrying a briefcase anyways for work stuff, etc, in the case of a suit jacket, they usually have inner pockets, which can easily be roleplayed.

Considering that you have $50 000 IRL or more, what would make you have to withdraw that large sums on cash in hand?

30 minutes ago, SteveHastingson said:

I like the idea, however I think it will bring back the issue we used to face on OwlGaming, an MTA server. Which was stupidly high amounts of delivery driver robberies, as like GTA:W, they get paid cash in hand, we were completely over-riden with robberies. (RS-Haul Robbers for anyone that remembers)

Trucker robberies happen alot here aswell. Ask our employees m8.

I say +1 for this.

2 minutes ago, Ink said:

The #1 problem with this suggestion is that money, as it exists on the server, is very abstract. When I go to a mechanic, I don't have to carry $30,000 in my pockets to hire their service with cash as a lump sum payment. When I hire an interior designer, I don't have to pay her $100,000 in cash up front so she can buy furniture and paint. Most commerce in today's world, especially in metropolitan America, is conducted through digital funds. We buy things with credit cards, we use cash transaction apps, some people even use cryptocurrency. 

In real life, being robbed sucks, but the most expensive thing you're losing is probably your cellphone and your watch/jewelry. Unless you just went to the bank to get a load of cash, or you just sold something privately to someone (like a used laptop), you only lost about $40-60. The most annoying part of being robbed is having to then cancel all your credit cards and to order a new ID being printed and meanwhile not being able to drink because you don't have an ID.

There is still plenty of incentive for robbers at the moment. Getting $5,000 for a quick "/me aims gun" "/me runs your pockets" plus possibly getting valuable inventory items, drugs, or guns is awesome. No other job on the server can consistently make $5,000+ for that little RP--and if you get a gun or some drugs you can easily make 10-15k from a great robbery. We all know most criminal RPers intentionally target people who they think have PF guns on them.

Robberies suck. They're bad RP 99 times out of 100. They're not fun for the people getting robbed. They don't lead to any real interesting RP. By their very nature robberies have to be rushed. The RP quality is almost always terrible. And so many of them end in IC or OOC fights and admin situations. 

If you read the whole suggestion, you'd realise that people still wont be able to carry a lot of cash, and they'd still be limited to just a few grand on hand, which will be able to be robbed. So, the difference isnt any at all.

This will however unlock many more roleplay situations and opportunities, while keeping the robbery "limit" the same.

Edited by zaXer.
1 minute ago, Sacred said:

i don't think u realize that there is no card system, which means YOU HAVE TO carry cash like it's the 60s. this suggestion is terrible for that reason. you need cash.

You can roleplay a card and do all your payments iwht /banktransfer, what stops you?

• mj2002 locked this topic