An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

46 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

See here's where your logic goes completely off the rails. If you can only hold 15000k in a bag how in the hell are you making a major drug deal or buying some guns? Are you bringing your whole gang to carry the money? 

> Ah but you can put the money into your car you say

So an undercover cop can catch my plates and get me? 

This is just like the hunger system that gets suggested, it seems more immersive but in reality it's going to hinder everyone. It's an RPG suggestion.

Agreed. I do not support this suggestion.

47 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

A bag is still not gonna give you enough space to rob $50k. If 5k inventory gives you for example $5000 space, a bag will make you go up to $15000 considering you have nothing else taking up space  - pistols, items, jewelry, phones, etc. So the actual sum is even lower.

If you see a person with a bag right now you'd still rob them, due to them either moving drugs or large weapons (which are much more valuable than $15-20k lol).

GRuGLU0.png

Yeah, as if I couldn't fit that in my own fucking pockets. Like I'd need a whole ass duffel bag or backpack, to carry around money. This isn't 1066, and unless we're all paying in solid fuckin' gold, we'd never need a duffel bag for 50k. Shit, the only time you'd need a duffel bag is if you're paying upwards of 800k to 1 million. So, to sum it up:

1. The only people benefitting from this suggestion is YOU and Security Company roleplayers.
  2. It completely upends the economy, and fosters ruleplay, (not roleplay) where people will be out on the hunt for backpacks. 
  3. This makes ZERO sense, both in an IRL sense of money's size, and in terms of how it would be roleplayed.
    (Have you ever held more than 10k cash IRL? If you have, you know it's pocketable.)
  4. There is ZERO issue with the status quo regarding robbery limits, the only issues people talk about are needing to pay with Cash rather than card for many services.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely not. In addition to the unrealistic lack of infrastructure for credit cards rendering robberies unrealistically lucrative to begin with, I will never support a robbery cash limit removal that doesn't include:

1. A mandatory CK for robbers shot in the commission of a robbery - be it by cops, their intended victim, or anyone else.
  2. A new robbery limit - only characters with 40+ hours can commit a robbery.
  3. Mandatory money laundering. The IRS is going to take notice if you clean someone out for 200k and it pops up in your bank account.

Robbery RP is such an issue (and has been since the server's inception) that I have a hard time viewing any suggestion for its removal in good faith. They're a blatant asset grab with very low risk and very high reward. Consider the risks:

• Jail time and a criminal record. Considering the compressed timeframe of legal punishments, this is hardly a deterrent.
  • A potential PK. Okay, so you'll lose your gun along with whatever items you elected to bring with you.

Measure those against the potential rewards.

• $5000, if we're to believe that millions are sitting in the pockets of individuals who walk around.
  • More firearms, upon which there is no limit to the number you can take.
  • Miscellaneous items, upon which there is no limit to what you can take.

The rewards for a successful robbery are fairly open-ended, while the risks are capped by a player's own prudence along with the limitations of the legal system and the rather obtrusive protection offered by /mask. There's absolutely no way this wouldn't result in even more robberies - there's a reason the streets are usually empty despite 400+ players being online at a time.

• Upvote 1

This would also lead to a heavy emphasis on people having to put money into their car since they're not able to hold more than around twenty grand on them, it would very likely lead to people just sitting in front of a bank and looking for people that run between the bank and their car several times to know that they've deposited a large amount of money inside of their car. I don't see any real benefits to this apart from promoting said CIT services.

Having the current scripts that only accept cash payment changed to also accept money from the bank is something that I can get behind. However, there's absolutely no need for a weight system for money being in place in order to have that changed.

4 hours ago, Smilesville said:

Absolutely not. In addition to the unrealistic lack of infrastructure for credit cards rendering robberies unrealistically lucrative to begin with, I will never support a robbery cash limit removal that doesn't include:

1. A mandatory CK for robbers shot in the commission of a robbery - be it by cops, their intended victim, or anyone else.
  2. A new robbery limit - only characters with 40+ hours can commit a robbery.
  3. Mandatory money laundering. The IRS is going to take notice if you clean someone out for 200k and it pops up in your bank account.

Robbery RP is such an issue (and has been since the server's inception) that I have a hard time viewing any suggestion for its removal in good faith. They're a blatant asset grab with very low risk and very high reward. Consider the risks:

• Jail time and a criminal record. Considering the compressed timeframe of legal punishments, this is hardly a deterrent.
  • A potential PK. Okay, so you'll lose your gun along with whatever items you elected to bring with you.

Measure those against the potential rewards.

• $5000, if we're to believe that millions are sitting in the pockets of individuals who walk around.
  • More firearms, upon which there is no limit to the number you can take.
  • Miscellaneous items, upon which there is no limit to what you can take.

The rewards for a successful robbery are fairly open-ended, while the risks are capped by a player's own prudence along with the limitations of the legal system and the rather obtrusive protection offered by /mask. There's absolutely no way this wouldn't result in even more robberies - there's a reason the streets are usually empty despite 400+ players being online at a time.

Do you consider all robbery roleplay an issue? I spend a large portion of my time for this type of roleplay, and have for the most part always had a fun experience surrounding robberies and burglaries. I never really understood why people demand such harsh punishments for robberies, like we shouldn’t be allowed to do them. 

Coming from a trucker who annoyingly has to carry cash to one, purchase the crates and two, get the payment through cash (which is completely unrealistic) I would say I disagree with this possible change UNLESS the trucking script gets tweaked. Trucks are already a major hotspot for robberies especially in the docks which should be a very safe space and highly secure but just allowing robbers to take tens of thousands from us due to the script giving out money in cash is a no go for me.(sorry if this has been mentioned but I am not reading thru 11 pages lol)

Edited by Matt_S
  • mj2002 locked this topic