An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

5 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

-snip-

I can also state from experience that these rules emulate the rules I've seen on many other servers, and the result is many of the same problems. Hell, $5,000 goes a lot further on this server than it has on any server I've played on ... $5,000 was like, $50 in some places, and players would still conduct four-man robberies out of a Sultan and other nonsense, same as we tend to see here. I'm in agreement with how @Smilesville describes this situation: for whatever reason, even with these rules and limitations, there is simply, in the aggregate, more of an incentive to do robberies than not do robberies. A negative incentive is missing to keep them in check, and we can't always be deferring to player reports as the solution. It has to be something systemic.

9 hours ago, Exploits said:

I can also state from experience that these rules emulate the rules I've seen on many other servers, and the result is many of the same problems. Hell, $5,000 goes a lot further on this server than it has on any server I've played on ... $5,000 was like, $50 in some places, and players would still conduct four-man robberies out of a Sultan and other nonsense, same as we tend to see here. I'm in agreement with how @Smilesville describes this situation: for whatever reason, even with these rules and limitations, there is simply, in the aggregate, more of an incentive to do robberies than not do robberies. A negative incentive is missing to keep them in check, and we can't always be deferring to player reports as the solution. It has to be something systemic.

I'm sure there's other "negative incentives" to be suggested that are far more beneficial besides just deleting somebodies character. A rule like that incentivizes heroes to start pretending they're John Wick in a Mexican standoff. It's not going to decrease robberies in anyway either, it'll just change the manner in which they are executed and make them that much more destructive. It should also mean that when you reach for something and get shot during a robbery, you should CK too. This does nothing to stop the same roaming bands of robbery trolls that don't care about a CK, most of them are ban evaders anyway. 

The only reason I've ever walked around with 100k+ on hand is because I'm doing a large criminal transaction, now if I got caught lacking why would I only cough up 5k? That literally makes no sense. If you're mapping you should just go from point A to point B and deposit once you're done. If the robber exhibits poor roleplay quality report them. This also creates the situation that a lot of illegal roleplayers go through where they burn another character for drugs or guns and take their cash, only to have to return it because it doesn't fit into the 5k limit. It's absolutely ridiculous. 

This rule allows players to walk around with 300k in their pockets with zero roleplay or repercussions to that effect. 

If the argument for why the robbery cap should be 5k is that people carry a lot of cash on hand for car work, mapping, or script purchases then 5k is really just an arbitrary number and the actually robbery cap should be 0 dollars. 

Edited by TpRoll

I agree that the way robberies work currently is simply stupid, players should not be allowed to walk around with millions, not only is it unrealistic it would also not be possible IRL..

Need to walk with cash because you're mapping? That's an issue with the mapping system then, not the robbery system. IRL Furniture don't appear out of nowhere and they're certainly not paid for with cash.

So, while I do agree the current system is flawed, I don't know if this system would work either. 

On 11/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, Raicyk said:

I agree that the way robberies work currently is simply stupid, players should not be allowed to walk around with millions, not only is it unrealistic it would also not be possible IRL..

Need to walk with cash because you're mapping? That's an issue with the mapping system then, not the robbery system. IRL Furniture don't appear out of nowhere and they're certainly not paid for with cash.

So, while I do agree the current system is flawed, I don't know if this system would work either. 

This is the same dilemma in all things involving roleplay, how do you most efficiently provide infrastructure for incredible things like interior customization (something most people constantly take for granted about this server) while maintaining realism about how the furniture got there? I suppose the issue instead lies, as many others have said, with the use of cash for things that shouldn't be dealt in cash. 

Why is this such a hot topic for some, and so important for some people to remove the limit.. What is it that you're going to do once it's removed? How is it going to help my immersion. I'm only asking because I'm a narrowminded dumbass so I don't understand, if someone could explain. Pl0x.

With the current way money works I feel that the limit is what serves as a deterrent from muggings affecting individuals way to frequently. And even with the limit this can happen in an immersion breaking way if you're unlucky. Few months ago I was robbed 3 times within less than a months time(No I wasn't walking around in a suit and swinging flashy purse in Davis, I went to the beach, Vinewood and Del Perro, 2/3 daytime) 20k or so, no biggie, but the rp wasn't fulfilling either, and because it's such a frequent thing it's not something you (read I, me) carry on to RP with others, because it'll be dull. Sort of like traffic stops you know. So hopefully it really helped some people with their development, because I feel like often it'll do nothing for the victim... And just some things we won't be able to portray in a realistic fashion ever, like giving a few people a realistic robber experience at the expense of lots robbes having shit ones. (cus ull be robbed often, I rather someone ask me oocly for cash lmao)

There's a cash and bank system being worked on right?

• mj2002 locked this topic