An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

Alright, this is clearly not going anywhere because you keep going on about how this doesn't affect businesses, without realizing that this literally impacts every single civilian business, let alone causing every single person carrying a backpack (regardless if they have large amounts of money on them) to become a target. 

So, I've shared my opinion. It should be clear to most people where I stand at this point, but to fully make it obvious;

I strongly disagree with this suggestion. 

Edited by Thirteen
6 minutes ago, RoamPT said:

Big no. 5k is already too much for the plain and repetitive RP regarding robberies that usually takes 5 minutes and even less.

If you checked the whole suggestion, you'll realise that the actual money you'll be able to carry wont be any different, it'll remain as a "limit".

3 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

Alright, this is clearly not going anywhere because you keep going on about how this doesn't affect businesses, without realizing that this literally impacts every single civilian business, let alone causing every single person carrying a backpack (regardless if they have large amounts of money on them) to become a target. 

So, I've shared my opinion. It should be clear to most people where I stand at this point, but to fully make it obvious;

I strongly disagree with this suggestion. 

Every single person carrying a backpack is already a huge enough target, simply because they surely transport either a shit ton of drugs or large weapons.

And to be honest, a large sized weapon is more valuable in the illegal world than 15 grand of cash you'll be able to move with a large backpack.

3 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

As I mentioned, a tattoo store doesnt offer much things that require you a large amount of money, so large you'd fear getting it robbed. It's the same now, if you walk in a tattoo store you can still get robbed off 5 grand, so what's the difference? Almost non existent.

Very rarely do people go in for a single tattoo. You usually have to slap a bunch together. Excluding what you might consider tip or service cost, getting 'a' tattoo (in reality, several tattoos to make 'one' is most often the case) is bare minimum five digits.

You're trying really hard to push this suggestion, and it's only you digging down with a shovel so far and revealing some serious ignorance of how other areas of the server operate and even basic rules in some instances. Take a deep breath and think this implementation over one more time here ...

You want to change the rule but admit that it will still 'actually' be $5k anyway due to a weight system so ... nothing actually changes in that respect. Money now has to be quantified in weight through the inventory script and yet somehow remain separate ... so if I get paid $10,000 for my work shift but I have $5,000 on me, what happens? My boss bank transfers. Anybody with crazy money is just going to bank transfer. There is no system for client-to-client money transactions currently that isn't cash and no, /banktransfer is not meant to be role-played as a debit card, so ultimately the only people who will get caught out are people attempting to negotiate the oddity of having to carry a bag load of cash to dealerships, tattoo parlors, etc. to participate in role-play ... but they cannot do that anymore, because you can't carry that cash on you in weight, so it further complicates things. And again, if you're a clerk at a store and you get a busy day, suddenly you just ... can't hold money ... anymore?

And this fantasy that people are going to move their money around like big banks move their gold bars and tens of millions is really just that -- a fantasy. Banks do that because the physical tender and where it is matters extensively. No business in this game operates like that because, for all intents and purposes, it's all imaginary anyway. If I'm going to buy a club for $800,000, why in the absolute shit would I ever decide that the best way to do that would be to stuff it into bags, put it into a truck, hire a security agency to physically transfer it, pray that there are no intermediary issues, and lord knows what other details, when the rules right now let me just do "/banktransfer 800000 Club Owner Club purchase price"?

4 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Every single person carrying a backpack is already a huge enough target, simply because they surely transport either a shit ton of drugs or large weapons.

And to be honest, a large sized weapon is more valuable in the illegal world than 15 grand of cash you'll be able to move with a large backpack.

This was debunked in the first page of this thread.

2 hours ago, Santanaa said:

They'll rob anyone who has a backpack / dufflebag. If I were to exit my biz with a backpack, irl it could be carrying anything, from work clothes to a couple cans of soda. but on the server people will know that I'm carrying cash the refore will hunt me down.

1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

If you checked the whole suggestion, you'll realise that the actual money you'll be able to carry wont be any different, it'll remain as a "limit".

You know for someone who claims to be able to take criticism well you've responded to almost every comment on this thread. Usually within 10 minutes. I would be very curious how much of your almost 900 posts are now from this thread alone though. 

Instead of rallying support for a RPG element that'd supposedly help your company (I still fail to see this by the way), shouldn't you support something like a tackle script more? Just curious on that aspect there's much better options to push for than something that almost everyone who's responded to this suggestion has disliked. Sometimes you just gotta take the L, I had a suggestion everyone disliked and that was that. It happens. 

9 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

You did not suggest in your topic an exact value. You said to remove the limit, which I don't support. Leave as it is and that's it. Why mess with something that isn't broken? Robberies should be done for the RP experience and not to be OOC driven because of the $$. 

1 minute ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

You know for someone who claims to be able to take criticism well you've responded to almost every comment on this thread. Usually within 10 minutes. I would be very curious how much of your almost 900 posts are now from this thread alone though. 

Instead of rallying support for a RPG element that'd supposedly help your company (I still fail to see this by the way), shouldn't you support something like a tackle script more? Just curious on that aspect there's much better options to push for than something that almost everyone who's responded to this suggestion has disliked. Sometimes you just gotta take the L, I had a suggestion everyone disliked and that was that. It happens. 

I'm a long lasting member of the community, I have a lot of posts. Most of them are in a private forum you cannot see.

I support a lot of suggestions, if you dig in my posts.

And because 4-5 people are hating really hard on the suggestion, doesnt mean others dont support it. I can assure you that there's at least 30 people right now who support this, but I dont get them all to post here exclusively one by one, right?

6 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

This was debunked in the first page of this thread.

yes, debunked to a point where we realised carrying cash in a dufflebag will be less valuable than carrying 5 AK's and a shotgun (which is much more valuable than 20-30 grand)

12 minutes ago, Exploits said:

Very rarely do people go in for a single tattoo. You usually have to slap a bunch together. Excluding what you might consider tip or service cost, getting 'a' tattoo (in reality, several tattoos to make 'one' is most often the case) is bare minimum five digits.

You're trying really hard to push this suggestion, and it's only you digging down with a shovel so far and revealing some serious ignorance of how other areas of the server operate and even basic rules in some instances. Take a deep breath and think this implementation over one more time here ...

You want to change the rule but admit that it will still 'actually' be $5k anyway due to a weight system so ... nothing actually changes in that respect. Money now has to be quantified in weight through the inventory script and yet somehow remain separate ... so if I get paid $10,000 for my work shift but I have $5,000 on me, what happens? My boss bank transfers. Anybody with crazy money is just going to bank transfer. There is no system for client-to-client money transactions currently that isn't cash and no, /banktransfer is not meant to be role-played as a debit card, so ultimately the only people who will get caught out are people attempting to negotiate the oddity of having to carry a bag load of cash to dealerships, tattoo parlors, etc. to participate in role-play ... but they cannot do that anymore, because you can't carry that cash on you in weight, so it further complicates things. And again, if you're a clerk at a store and you get a busy day, suddenly you just ... can't hold money ... anymore?

And this fantasy that people are going to move their money around like big banks move their gold bars and tens of millions is really just that -- a fantasy. Banks do that because the physical tender and where it is matters extensively. No business in this game operates like that because, for all intents and purposes, it's all imaginary anyway. If I'm going to buy a club for $800,000, why in the absolute shit would I ever decide that the best way to do that would be to stuff it into bags, put it into a truck, hire a security agency to physically transfer it, pray that there are no intermediary issues, and lord knows what other details, when the rules right now let me just do "/banktransfer 800000 Club Owner Club purchase price"?

What rule stops you from roleplaying /banktransfer as a debit card? 

f I'm going to buy a club for $800,000, why in the absolute shit would I ever decide that the best way to do that would be to stuff it into bags, put it into a truck, hire a security agency to physically transfer it, pray that there are no intermediary issues, and lord knows what other details, when the rules right now let me just do "/banktransfer 800000 Club Owner Club purchase price"?

When in the world did I promote that?

I'm exactly doing the opposite, promoting BANK TRANSFERS.

This is all absurd and just shows you put zero effort in reading not even half the suggestion.

4 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I'm a long lasting member of the community, I have a lot of posts. Most of them are in a private forum you cannot see.

I support a lot of suggestions, if you dig in my posts.

And because 4-5 people are hating really hard on the suggestion, doesnt mean others dont support it. I can assure you that there's at least 30 people right now who support this, but I dont get them all to post here exclusively one by one, right?

yes, debunked to a point where we realised carrying cash in a dufflebag will be less valuable than carrying 5 AK's and a shotgun (which is much more valuable than 20-30 grand)

What rule stops you from roleplaying /banktransfer as a debit card? 

When in the world did I promote that?

I'm exactly doing the opposite, promoting BANK TRANSFERS.

This is all absurd and just shows you put zero effort in reading not even half the suggestion.

I get what you mean but how much of it do you think is practical? 

• mj2002 locked this topic