An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

10 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

pawn shops, custom item shops requrie an employee there, so you can always still do it.

tattoo shops and hardware stores are rarely visited and stuff  there is not that expensive either (unless you buy a safe 9)

all 24/7s have an ATM inside them

gun stores, some of them have ATM's close by outside, can always go there.

How is that a huge issue?

Think a little and solutions are found always, for something that will bring a lot of additional roleplay to organisations and people

You still need to have cash on hand for all of these items. I don't see how this is going to bring any roleplay anyways, it's likely going to just make people want to stop playing because the server's going to start to feel like an RPG. 

I realize you're going to continue to try to refute every point on the thread but try taking some constructive criticism at least. You don't need to try to refute every time someone posts just let people respond a bit and relax. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

You still need to have cash on hand for all of these items. I don't see how this is going to bring any roleplay anyways, it's likely going to just make people want to stop playing because the server's going to start to feel like an RPG. 

I realize you're going to continue to try to refute every point on the thread but try taking some constructive criticism at least. You don't need to try to refute every time someone posts just let people respond a bit and relax. 

I take constructive criticism when it's on point, but when you pull out points that are easily solved by...moving 2 feet aside inside the 24/7 and using the ATM that's there, lol? That's not constructive criticism, just planting a bunch of invalid/barely valid points to try an invalidate a whole suggestion.

Even though I gave you solutions, you still just write 'you still need to have cash on hand for all these items'. Yes, cash on hand that you get from the ATM right next to you, so? Cahs on hand for a $200 door lock, sure. Or a $6000 property alarm. Which one of those items are soo expensive to require you to have huge amounts of money on your hand? The $26 000 safe? Sure, but right now people can rob your safe too, so you still lose that cash.

and again, the robbery aspect is not that huge either in my opinion. I havent had a character robbed in close to a year and a half maybe, excluding house robberies? Even though I've done ghetto characters, they still havent been robbed. It's all about on your awareness, if you push yourself in a situation where you get robbed, well? Your fault really.

Edited by zaXer.

Robberies are a huge aspect coming from one who roleplays a trucking character. As a trucker you are targeted due to the way the trucking script works with requiring cash transactions to buy and sell supplies. Thus, people target you as they are aware you are carrying lots of cash. Why is that so? Usually the most valueable a trucker has is their payload - but that is left untouched ten out of ten cases. You are being robbed, taken $5.000 and your valueables and then left with lighter pockets, but your truck and the cargo has not even been spared a glance. Similar issues will arise with people wearing backpacks, duffle bags and other items - solely because you OOCly know they most likely carry cash and not the thousands of other possibilities that realistically can be in that bag.

Before the robbing limit will be changed or lifted even, whilst the suggestion has potential, there needs to be quite a lot changes on the script - the most important one being an credit & debit/EC cash card as well as transfers through your bank account to compensate for large amounts of cash carried on you for no other reason than purchases that realistically would be done digitally.

I would also argue about the weight and space required for the cash, those values have to be discussed about and a common ground should be found; What dimensions are needed to transport X cash, what script support is required (suitcase, bags...) and what is the benefit of such system for the server and community plus do these benefits outweight the deficits and justify the amount of time put into all these changes necessary to get this working.

35 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

tattoo shops and hardware stores are rarely visited

This was the moment when I realized that you are simply living in your own bubble, and that this massive suggestion that would cause a revamp of many parts of the script is only made to benefit you and your faction.

Because as someone that has been doing tattoo-related roleplay on this server for almost two years, I can only tell you this;

You are wrong.

Edited by Thirteen
Grammar
6 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

This was the moment when I realized that you are simply living in your own bubble, and that this massive suggestion that would cause a revamp of many parts of the script is only made to benefit you and your faction.

Because as someone that has been doing tattoo-related roleplay on this server for almost two years, I can only tell you this;

You are wrong.

If a character visits a tattoo store and get their back tattoo changed every time every week, I see zero in how that is realistic at all.

Sure, gang members  get tattoos much more often, but those tattoos dont cost a shit ton of money, most of them are even made crappy as hell for not a lot of money or for a drug dose. So again, how does any of that justify needing to carry a huge amount of money on your body?

10 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Robberies are a huge aspect coming from one who roleplays a trucking character. As a trucker you are targeted due to the way the trucking script works with requiring cash transactions to buy and sell supplies. Thus, people target you as they are aware you are carrying lots of cash. Why is that so? Usually the most valueable a trucker has is their payload - but that is left untouched ten out of ten cases. You are being robbed, taken $5.000 and your valueables and then left with lighter pockets, but your truck and the cargo has not even been spared a glance. Similar issues will arise with people wearing backpacks, duffle bags and other items - solely because you OOCly know they most likely carry cash and not the thousands of other possibilities that realistically can be in that bag.

Before the robbing limit will be changed or lifted even, whilst the suggestion has potential, there needs to be quite a lot changes on the script - the most important one being an credit & debit/EC cash card as well as transfers through your bank account to compensate for large amounts of cash carried on you for no other reason than purchases that realistically would be done digitally.

I would also argue about the weight and space required for the cash, those values have to be discussed about and a common ground should be found; What dimensions are needed to transport X cash, what script support is required (suitcase, bags...) and what is the benefit of such system for the server and community plus do these benefits outweight the deficits and justify the amount of time put into all these changes necessary to get this working.

Trucking is already thought to be moved to a bank system, so how is any of that still valid?

and again, if you read the whole suggestion - what legal activity will require you to carry a large sum of cash, that you risk getting it robbed? Literally everything will be paid for with bank transfers.

Edited by zaXer.
1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

If a character visits a tattoo store and get their back tattoo changed every time every week, I see zero in how that is realistic at all.

Sure, gang members  get tattoos much more often, but those tattoos dont cost a shit ton of money, most of them are even made crappy as hell for not a lot of money or for a drug dose. So again, how does any of that justify needing to carry a huge amount of money on your body?

And once again you are making up false assumptions, showcasing that you have no idea of what is actually going when it comes to a tattoo shop.
You really should have done a bit more research before making this argument, let alone this suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

And once again you are making up false assumptions, showcasing that you have no idea of what is actually going when it comes to a tattoo shop.
You really should have done a bit more research before making this argument, let alone this suggestion.

What activity in a tatoo shops requires you to have a ton of money on your body?

And are you implying that changing your arm, leg and back tattoos every week is realistic?

A normal character in their life goes to a tattoo store just a few times to get what they need, and that's it, until you start a new character.

A tattoo store really is not a business where a lot of people go to constantly, like a 24/7 or a gas station, clothing store, etc. Sure, people get tattoos but that's really just a few grand?

Edited by zaXer.
Just now, zaXer. said:

What activity in a tatoo shops requires you to have a ton of money on your body?

And are you implying that changing your arm, leg and back tattoos every week is realistic?

A normal character in their life goes to a tattoo store just a few times to get what they need, and that's it, until you start a new character.

I have not once claimed that changing your tattoos is realistic. That is something you pulled out of thin air on your own, as some sort of weird assumption.

I'm simply disputing this ridiculous claim of yours that "tattoo shops are rarely visited" and telling you that this is straight up wrong.
There are several tattoo shops in the city which open up almost daily, have repeat customers that comes back again and again. Some of these tattoo shops also sell aftercare products, merchandise, piercings, artwork etc. This is also usually paid in cash (which is still very common in tattoo shops all over the world).

Not all tattoo shops are placed in the hood and ran by "gang members getting paid in drugs" as you also assumed (there seems to be a pattern here).

So now that we got that out of the way, I still disagree with this suggestion. Because it seems like way too much to change without adding too much of value as mentioned previously in this thread by people such as @Wirbelwind and @Santanaa, and only really benefiting factions such as yours.

Just now, Thirteen said:

I have not once claimed that changing your tattoos is realistic. That is something you pulled out of thin air on your own, as some sort of weird assumption.

I'm simply disputing this ridiculous claim of yours that "tattoo shops are rarely visited" and telling you that this is straight up wrong.
There are several tattoo shops in the city which open up almost daily, have repeat customers that comes back again and again. Some of these tattoo shops also sell aftercare products, merchandise, piercings, artwork etc. This is also usually paid in cash (which is still very common in tattoo shops all over the world).

Not all tattoo shops are placed in the hood and ran by "gang members getting paid in drugs" as you also assumed (there seems to be a pattern here).

So now that we got that out of the way, I still disagree with this suggestion. Because it seems like way too much to change without adding too much of value as mentioned previously in this thread by people such as @Wirbelwind and @Santanaa, and only really benefiting factions such as yours.

As I mentioned, a tattoo store doesnt offer much things that require you a large amount of money, so large you'd fear getting it robbed. It's the same now, if you walk in a tattoo store you can still get robbed off 5 grand, so what's the difference? Almost non existent.

Now we get that out of the way, yes. It doesnt seem like much to change - a few banking payments and a thread edit to scrap a rule.

And benefiting factions like mine - yeah, it does benefit the faction. I take care of ~50 people, is it a bad thing that I try to find some more roleplay to do?

And really, I'm not suggesting people to be forced to use my faction. Get a few friends, use your already existing security at your club, call your faction members, get some of your hood thugs to help you out, and...? Tons of possibilities, for a rule change.

• mj2002 locked this topic