An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

You can roleplay a card and do all your payments iwht /banktransfer, what stops you?

You've said this to me, too. Respectfully, I think you're missing a major point: 

Not all of our payments are made to other players. A lot of the script depends on you having cash on hand to process transaction which would realistically be with a credit card. You have to use cash to buy tattoos, mechanic services, and guns as some examples.

Also, if you're a bartender, you need to use cash to purchase the drinks from your own business. So a bartender needs to have cash on hand to bartend. If a bartender starts out with 3k and every single person RPs a debit card and /banktransfers them, they will run out of money on hand and be unable to buy drinks. 

This is why cash is important on our server. Once our server has a proper credit card script, then we can look at ways to make cash more interesting to RP, especially for illegal RPers who realistically would want to avoid paper trails.

2 minutes ago, Sacred said:

i can go to a 24/7 with no one rping there and buy smth w/ /banktransfer? wow, new addition????? gonna go try it now

what 24/7 item requests you to have $50k on your hand to buy it? the most expensive is the mask imo at about $5k?

1 minute ago, Sacred said:

next time make an actual suggestion instead of just trying to get a rule changed so you can promote your security company...

did i say 'limit to gruppe6' or anything? There's tons of other security companies AND private opportunities -get friends, use your faction, etc.

1 minute ago, Ink said:

You've said this to me, too. Respectfully, I think you're missing a major point: 

Not all of our payments are made to other players. A lot of the script depends on you having cash on hand to process transaction which would realistically be with a credit card. You have to use cash to buy tattoos, mechanic services, and guns as some examples.

Also, if you're a bartender, you need to use cash to purchase the drinks from your own business. So a bartender needs to have cash on hand to bartend. If a bartender starts out with 3k and every single person RPs a debit card and /banktransfers them, they will run out of money on hand and be unable to buy drinks. 

This is why cash is important on our server. Once our server has a proper credit card script, then we can look at ways to make cash more interesting to RP, especially for illegal RPers who realistically would want to avoid paper trails.

Your tattoos dont cost $50k, and your mechanic mods can be bought all from the bank now.

If you're a bartender and use cash to buy drinks, you need no more than $1k which allowsy ou to buy a few drinks at once. Money that you get back from the person you give it to, which is a constantly increasing amount with every sale.

Biz scripts have banks in them which you can withdraw at any point and continue your work. Additionally, bartenders always stand behind a few guards that are already in the location.

20 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Why I'm bothered? Because technically looked at it's powergame. Where do you put $400k on you, same as with the weapon rule - you cant carry a shotgun on you without a backpack, etc.

Did you read the whole suggestions? The robbery "limit" will pretty much stand because you simply wont be able to hold more on you, or a sum around that without using a backpack (which still wont get you to an impressive limit)

Can you tell me one reason why would you have to withdraw a large sum and walk around with it?

I can tell you multiple.

1. A particular business is not coded with bank purchases, so you need to have cash to buy a somewhat expensive item.

2. Bug testing something.

3. 400k real cash is equivalent to 40k. If you've ever carried large sums of money you'd know 40k is easily fit into a jacket.

3 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

I can tell you multiple.

1. A particular business is not coded with bank purchases, so you need to have cash to buy a somewhat expensive item.

2. Bug testing something.

3. 400k real cash is equivalent to 40k. If you've ever carried large sums of money you'd know 40k is easily fit into a jacket.

i've carried large sums of money IRL as a job for 2 years and i can assure you that no business owner can take $40k out of their business register and carry it in their jacket or pockets. Very little clients pay wiht $100 bills so the majority of the nomination you'll have is about $5, $20 or other smaller bills.

A particular business being coded with bank purchases can be simply changed to work with banks too, it's not that big of a deal to the current system.

Bug testing something, if you're afraid of being robbed, hop and test on the test server (which is what it's made for) or report for an admin, simple solutions to your issues that are once in a month or so.

Edited by zaXer.
4 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

what 24/7 item requests you to have $50k on your hand to buy it? the most expensive is the mask imo at about $5k?

did i say 'limit to gruppe6' or anything? There's tons of other security companies AND private opportunities -get friends, use your faction, etc.

Your tattoos dont cost $50k, and your mechanic mods can be bought all from the bank now.

If you're a bartender and use cash to buy drinks, you need no more than $1k which allowsy ou to buy a few drinks at once. Money that you get back from the person you give it to, which is a constantly increasing amount with every sale.

Biz scripts have banks in them which you can withdraw at any point and continue your work. Additionally, bartenders always stand behind a few guards that are already in the location.

You're asking for a complete script overhaul right now. This isn't a rule suggestion anymore this is a game suggestion. 

It makes no sense to go through all of this trouble for what? A bit of extra money? Report people for carrying unrealistic amounts of cash and move on. 

The development team is already working on moving the system towards using the bank for most transactions there's no need to rush them. 

Having 20k taken out of your total amount is still a large hit there's no need to change it. 

5 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

You're asking for a complete script overhaul right now. This isn't a rule suggestion anymore this is a game suggestion. 

It makes no sense to go through all of this trouble for what? A bit of extra money? Report people for carrying unrealistic amounts of cash and move on. 

The development team is already working on moving the system towards using the bank for most transactions there's no need to rush them. 

Having 20k taken out of your total amount is still a large hit there's no need to change it. 

how is changing 1-2 business types to accept bank transfer a 'complete script overhaul'?

The suggestion is not to profit me in getting more money out of people I rob. Read the whole suggestion please. It's all about activating a series of activities that will help your faction, your gang, your business, character, realism, etc, while having the slight chance of losing your money if you're dumb.

The suggestion literally gets yourself in a position that you'll never need to carry a lot of money unless you're a huge business owner or participating in an illegal activity

Edited by zaXer.
7 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

how is changing 1-2 business types to accept bank transfer a 'complete script overhaul'?

The suggestion is not to profit me in getting more money out of people I rob. Read the whole suggestion please. It's all about activating a series of activities that will help your faction, your gang, your business, character, realism, etc, while having the slight chance of losing your money if you're dumb.

The suggestion literally gets yourself in a position that you'll never need to carry a lot of money unless you're a huge business owner or participating in an illegal activity

Scripts that would need to change: 

24/7,

Hardware Store,

Tattoo Shops,

Pawn Shops, 

Custom Item Stores, 

Gun Stores

Just to name a few. There's plenty more but lets not rack our brains to find every detail. The whole change isn't needed and those scripts will be changed over time. 

Once again, if you have an issue with a the amount of cash someone is carrying report it to player management, I'm sure they'd be happy to look into your issue. 

1 minute ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Scripts that would need to change: 

24/7,

Hardware Store,

Tattoo Shops,

Pawn Shops, 

Custom Item Stores, 

Gun Stores

Just to name a few. There's plenty more but lets not rack our brains to find every detail. The whole change isn't needed and those scripts will be changed over time. 

Once again, if you have an issue with a the amount of cash someone is carrying report it to player management, I'm sure they'd be happy to look into your issue. 

pawn shops, custom item shops requrie an employee there, so you can always still do it.

tattoo shops and hardware stores are rarely visited and stuff  there is not that expensive either (unless you buy a safe 9)

all 24/7s have an ATM inside them

gun stores, some of them have ATM's close by outside, can always go there.

How is that a huge issue?

Think a little and solutions are found always, for something that will bring a lot of additional roleplay to organisations and people

• mj2002 locked this topic