An actual solution to removing the robbery limit.

zaXer.

Currently people walk around with millions in their pockets. Most of the characters here are rich and they dont mind too much if they lose 5k to a robbery.

People walk in their businesses, withdraw thousands of income and just drive to the bank to deposit.

This does not happen in real life.

People in real life walk with rarely anything more than 100-150eur/usd in their pockets when going outside. This is equivalent to maybe 5k in game, sure.

However - carrying anything above $X in your pockets IG should be forbidden, where do you put that money? Up your skirt or your pants?

My suggestion is;

- Remove the robbery limit

- Be able to put money in your car in huge amounts (realistically you can fit a ton of money IRL in your car, even only in the trunk space you can fit millions).

- Have money take up actual inventory space. IRL, if you go and withdraw 50 grand out of the bank, no matter how large bill denomination you get, there's no way you can stuff them on your body. I understand the IRL:IG currency size differences so put that about 2 grand cash fits in 1kg inventory space. I'm not saying money should be turned into inventory objects, but a (Money: kg) should be added to simply represent how much your money takes up your inventory space. This will bring the following;

-- You can no longer carry huge amounts of money on your body.

-- The robbery limit is no longer necessary because simply the inventory size doesnt let you carry an impressive amount of money.

-- People who carry more items have less space for money - this gets rid of the useless items that people carry in their inventories - people will begin to actually drink their drinks, stop carrying bats and wrenches. People will generally begin to care what they carry in ther inventory.

-- People will begin using backpacks for things other than transporting guns and drugs

-- Robberies will not increase too much, if not even decrease, due to the lack of stuff to rob of people now they care about what they keep in their inventory, and the money limits.

-- Will promote CIT (Cash in transit) services offered by people, have people hire companies to collect their money/income/debt/etc

-- Offer many illegal opportunities that are however hard to pull, due to the time required - spy people who take the money from their biz, club owners leaving their clubs without any protection measures, etc.

Some people in the other topics brought issues - but what if I'm furnishing? Simple, make furnishing take money out of your bank. 

The suggestion literally gets yourself in a position that you'll never need to carry a lot of money unless you're a huge business owner or participating in an illegal activity

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 5
Just now, Wirbelwind said:

They will absolutely increase lol

Think about it.

If someone can carry about a maximum of 5-10k in their inventory without a backpack (considering your inventory is also fully free of any other items), how exactly will robberies increase?

2 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

If someone can carry about a maximum of 5-10k in their inventory without a backpack (considering your inventory is also fully free of any other items), how exactly will robberies increase?

They'll rob anyone who has a backpack / dufflebag. If I were to exit my biz with a backpack, irl it could be carrying anything, from work clothes to a couple cans of soda. but on the server people will know that I'm carrying cash the refore will hunt me down.

Edited by Santanaa
Just now, zaXer. said:

Because absolutely anyone having a bag on them is gonna get pulled up on? Chain robberies are rampant as-is, there's no need to further incentivize them. Furthermore, if you think that $5-10k is all that you could realistically carry — you're mighty wrong.

/me aims

/me searches pockets

/b yo /showitems my id

🥴

I'm sorry, but this idea just ain't it.

Just now, Santanaa said:

They'll rob anyone who has a backpack / dufflebag.

A backpack/dufflebag still wont get you any more than 15-20k on hand, again considering you are fully free.

If you got 15k on you that you can lose any time, and you are walking in the middle of the hood, well, you cant blame anybody but yourself for taking a dumb decision ICly.

People IRL who take/withdraw large sums IRL usually reach their destination ASAP or get security to do it for them.

I like the idea, however I think it will bring back the issue we used to face on OwlGaming, an MTA server. Which was stupidly high amounts of delivery driver robberies, as like GTA:W, they get paid cash in hand, we were completely over-riden with robberies. (RS-Haul Robbers for anyone that remembers)

Just now, zaXer. said:

A backpack/dufflebag still wont get you any more than 15-20k on hand, again considering you are fully free.

If you got 15k on you that you can lose any time, and you are walking in the middle of the hood, well, you cant blame anybody but yourself for taking a dumb decision ICly.

People IRL who take/withdraw large sums IRL usually reach their destination ASAP or get security to do it for them.

I've edited my original post. Take a look.

1 minute ago, Wirbelwind said:

Because absolutely anyone having a bag on them is gonna get pulled up on? Chain robberies are rampant as-is, there's no need to further incentivize them. Furthermore, if you think that $5-10k is all that you could realistically carry — you're mighty wrong.

/me aims

/me searches pockets

/b yo /showitems my id

🥴

I'm sorry, but this idea just ain't it.

same as above

• mj2002 locked this topic