Why are Copy-Paste characters allowed?

Marksman

Considering most of the admins here are from LS-RP from what I've seen, this seems like a pointless attack just about as blatantly clueless as the rest of the points you're making.

If four admins out of thirty five is a majority then sure

Edited by Declan
2 minutes ago, yerro said:

It's not up to you to decide where people draw inspiration from to roleplay. This isn't a brainstorm session of "create the wildest concept". It's "enter a world and roleplay the character of your choice, as long as they sensibly fit into the universe (GTA / OTL)".

Considering most of the admins here are from LS-RP from what I've seen, this seems like a pointless attack just about as blatantly clueless as the rest of the points you're making.

Have you ever made a roleplay quality report? If so, what went wrong with it? What do you think would've solved it? Create your own general discussions thread making educated points and bringing up your suggested solutions, because so far many of the threads offer no solutions whatsoever.

1. As an ex-Administrator from 2016-2019 LSRP myself — the Administrators here are not from LSRP. You're wrong.

2. Who am I attacking? I'm definitely more clued in than you pal, I assure you. I know what I'm talking about. 

3. Check my posts. 90% of my posts on this community are actual posts filled with substance (because I know what I'm talking about).

6 minutes ago, owen said:

I keep everything in-character, pal. I'm a really good role player and I know I am, that's not self-righteousness, that's confidence (and fact).

For such confidence and strict adherence to the in-character, you seem very arbitrarily bothered by what other people choose as character inspiration and sure want to involve a whole lot of OoC to enforce what is ultimately your own opinion.

2 minutes ago, owen said:

we're not talking about characters that have originated via this server.

I am. What if I've had a character that I started at the very start of the first community I've ever joined, carried her over the next community afterwards cause my previous one got shut down, or died out? What if I don't wanna flush out 5+ years of development on a character due to poor management of the community I was on? I've done that on one character here (out of my 6 current ones) because I've had her for nearly 10 years now. The day she gets CKd (she's not involved in illegal stuff so I don't see that happening for a while) is the day I'll finally let her go,

Naturally, I'm not talking about a character that's been involved in serious illegal factions, as that could conflict with gta.w, nor is she an ex-cop, anything. Just a civilian. Yes she has been involved in criminal activities in the past but nothing that would conflict with how things are on gta.w.

Now I ask again, if I continue to portray her, according to the events that have happened with her over the 8-9 years I've played her, who am I hurting? She's not all the person she was when I started playing, hence I'm not sure if it fits ya'll description of a copy and paste character, instead she's the way I shaped her to be over the 8-9 years of development.

13 minutes ago, owen said:

Weak mindset, pal. You can change it. I've reformed several bad role players and made them really good. Like really, really good.

Not a weak mindset, from my side I can guarantee a thing like that would never happen. And for certain I'm not looking to school nor teach people on how to RP and what not. I have fun around here, and that's all I ever look for, no matter what I RP. I have did it a few times before and it was like talking to a wall. Perhaps those were just ones that weren't too deep into RPing, more like - casual players I might say. But the best way to learn new ways, phrases and RP in general is to hang around whatever you're interested in. People are afraid to get denied, bullied and told they're not "up to par" which is disencouraging. And that's one barrier in one's way that's trying to learn. A lot of times it's not them - it's the community. Bad apples, good apples, you know?

Edited by Mister Barrowsky
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, KarMagick said:

I am. What if I've had a character that I started at the very start of the first community I've ever joined, carried her over the next community afterwards cause my previous one got shut down, or died out? What if I don't wanna flush out 5+ years of development on a character due to poor management of the community I was on? I've done that on one character here (out of my 6 current ones) because I've had her for nearly 10 years now. The day she gets CKd (she's not involved in illegal stuff so I don't see that happening for a while) is the day I'll finally let her go,

Naturally, I'm not talking about a character that's been involved in serious illegal factions, as that could conflict with gta.w, nor is she an ex-cop, anything. Just a civilian. Yes she has been involved in criminal activities in the past but nothing that would conflict with how things are on gta.w.

Now I ask again, if I continue to portray her, according to the events that have happened with her over the 8-9 years I've played her, who am I hurting? She's not all the person she was when I started playing, hence I'm not sure if it fits ya'll description of a copy and paste character, instead she's the way I shaped her to be over the 8-9 years of development.

If you use a character that you used in a different community, as well as the same backstory — you're bad. Point blank, simple as that. Different universes, different arcs, different environment. Don't do it.

1 minute ago, Mister Barrowsky said:

Not a weak mindset, from my side I can guarantee a thing like that would never happen. And for certain I'm not looking to school nor teach people on how to RP and what not. I have fun around here, and that's all I ever look for, no matter what I RP.

Understandable. That's where we differ, Mister Barrowksy. You play to have fun, I play to make sure the server is the best in quality with the greatest role players to date, we're just made different.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, owen said:

If you use a character that you used in a different community, as well as the same backstory — you're bad. Point blank, simple as that. Different universes, different arcs, different environment. Don't do it.

Don't forget guys, this man is both a fact-spitter and confident. You can't take down this level of debate!

• Thanks 1