Why are Copy-Paste characters allowed?

Marksman

12 minutes ago, Exploits said:

I even once saw a poor black man drive a car that only a rich white man could ever feasibly purchase. Sure, I know nothing about that character I saw driving it, or if he even owned it, or if he was even poor, but I suspect that my cascading series of assumptions into a conclusion can be nothing but sacrosanct and correct.

Correlation Analysis | BPI Consulting

i can google synomyms and use them incorrectly in sentences too

Edited by Declan

Using a character name (and backstory) you've used in other communities in the past is bad. It also shows a lack of creativity. It shouldn't be acceptable, but it's been happening throughout the span of this server (and with little being done to fix it).

I'm not surprised though, a lot of the Administrators in this community have absolutely no idea who anyone is from prior communities and the majority are all new to this type of role play — can't expect something to be done when there's people who don't understand that its bad in the first place. 

People should make actual interesting (new) characters that are full of substance and development rather than copy and pasting the same bad characters from years ago. It's boring and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see a name from six years ago being used by the same person. 

Making a role play quality report is tedious and repetitive (hence why nobody does them and these people with the characters go untouched) Administrators (if told and have actual credible information that the name/player is using them, they should tell them to change it) need to start enforcing it to improve the quality of this community.

Edited by owen
Just now, Mister Barrowsky said:

Can't change that, it's just how it goes... It's always been a thing and for certain - it will keep happening. 

Weak mindset, pal. You can change it. I've reformed several bad role players and made them really good. Like really, really good.

11 minutes ago, owen said:

-snip-

Wow that must be super hard for you. I can't imagine how hard it is to be here voluntarily and have to occasionally role-play with people you don't like.

Also, lol. "This is a huge problem. Here's how and why I personally do nothing to combat it."

The self-righteousness coupled with the self-pity in some of you is incredible. 

Just now, KarMagick said:

So what I'm getting from this thread is, if you're developing a character you've had for years now it's shit, but if you make a new character cause your previous one that lasted three days got CKd again because he doesn't give a shit about his life it's fine. Makes perfect sense.

No. If you actually read the thread (and my post) you would've known that we're not talking about characters that have originated via this server. Substance is key to any character, but not when the name (and backstory) originated from a different game/community. It's bad. 

I've always had a distaste for people who character kill and swap characters quick, it's boring and leaves no room for anyone else to develop their character(s) with yours. 

12 minutes ago, owen said:

Using a character name (and backstory) you've used in other communities in the past is bad. It also shows a lack of creativity. It shouldn't be acceptable, but it's been happening throughout the span of this server (and with little being done to fix it).

People should make actual interesting (new) characters that are full of substance and development rather than copy and pasting the same bad characters from years ago. It's boring and leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see a name from six years ago being used by the same person.

It's not up to you to decide where people draw inspiration from to roleplay. This isn't a brainstorm session of "create the wildest concept". It's "enter a world and roleplay the character of your choice, as long as they sensibly fit into the universe (GTA / OTL)".

I'm not surprised though, a lot of the Administrators in this community have absolutely no idea who anyone is from prior communities and the majority are all new to this type of role play — can't expect something to be done when there's people who don't understand that its bad in the first place. 

Considering most of the admins here are from LS-RP from what I've seen, this seems like a pointless attack just about as blatantly clueless as the rest of the points you're making.

Making a role play quality report is tedious and repetitive (hence why nobody does them and these people with the characters go untouched) Administrators (if told and have actual credible information that the name/player is using them, they should tell them to change it) need to start enforcing it to improve the quality of this community.

Have you ever made a roleplay quality report? If so, what went wrong with it? What do you think would've solved it? Create your own general discussions thread making educated points and bringing up your suggested solutions, because so far many of the threads offer no solutions whatsoever.

Edited by yerro
Just now, Exploits said:

Wow that must be super hard for you. I can't imagine how hard it is to be here voluntarily and have to occasionally role-play with people you don't like.

Also, lol. "This is a huge problem. Here's how and why I personally do nothing to combat it."

The self-righteousness coupled with the self-pity in some of you is incredible. 

I keep everything in-character, pal. I'm a really good role player and I know I am, that's not self-righteousness, that's confidence (and fact). I don't care if someone's a bad role player, but as long as they try to improve that's cool. I refuse to be quoted by someone who used sacrosanct incorrectly.