Why are Copy-Paste characters allowed?

Marksman

16 minutes ago, Whatwasit said:

Everything seems to be a damn problem in this community. People are so focused on the actions of others it's close to insane. Maybe try and spend this time to improve your own roleplay and character development instead of telling others how to do theirs.

Better make a topic about why everybody is driving in fully tuned and coloured vehicles like the whole city has been part of the episodes of Pimp My Ride.

Out of reacts for today but big fat fucking clap from me.

👏

1 hour ago, Whatwasit said:

Everything seems to be a damn problem in this community. People are so focused on the actions of others it's close to insane. Maybe try and spend this time to improve your own roleplay and character development instead of telling others how to do theirs.

Better make a topic about why everybody is driving in fully tuned and coloured vehicles like the whole city has been part of the episodes of Pimp My Ride.

Seems kinda hypocritical when you're addressing the problem of judging others in the community and your next step is to go judging someone else in the community.

There's nothing wrong with roleplaying fully tuned and colored cars if you're committed to RPing it well. As I've mentioned before, oversaturation is the problem you're addressing. You've got lesbian roleplayers, racer car, muscle cars, rich cars, lesbian roleplayers, fearless characters, gun/violence RP, club-going RP, MC RP.

There have always been and will always be some concepts that are liked and portrayed more. Maybe you should stop judging so eagerly based on seeing the concept they chose to roleplay, before you get to see their portrayal — as in /how/ they roleplay it.

Edited by yerro
1 hour ago, yerro said:

Seems kinda hypocritical when you're addressing the problem of judging others in the community and your next step is to go judging someone else in the community.

There's nothing wrong with roleplaying fully tuned and colored cars if you're committed to RPing it well. As I've mentioned before, oversaturation is the problem you're addressing. You've got lesbian roleplayers, racer car, muscle cars, rich cars, lesbian roleplayers, fearless characters, gun/violence RP, club-going RP, MC RP.

There have always been and will always be some concepts that are liked and portrayed more. Maybe you should stop judging so eagerly based on seeing the concept they chose to roleplay, before you get to see their portrayal — as in /how/ they roleplay it.

The difference about this is that I don't care nor make a problem whether people drive around in their circus vehicles or not. If people constantly want to stand out and be different than others, it looks dumb to me, but eventually its their business. Just for your information, driving pick-up trucks with oversaturated colors has nothing to do with the character you are portraying. 

What I'm doing is stating something that would be more relevant to talk about instead of discouraging experienced roleplayers, which already know how to portray a certain character and don't do any harm to the server or the players whatsoever. 

Please don't bother writing a whole story again, I'm not wasting any more time on this pointless discussion.

2 hours ago, Whatwasit said:

The difference about this is that I don't care nor make a problem whether people drive around in their circus vehicles or not. If people constantly want to stand out and be different than others, it looks dumb to me, but eventually its their business. Just for your information, driving pick-up trucks with oversaturated colors has nothing to do with the character you are portraying. 

What I'm doing is stating something that would be more relevant to talk about instead of discouraging experienced roleplayers, which already know how to portray a certain character and don't do any harm to the server or the players whatsoever. 

Please don't bother writing a whole story again, I'm not wasting any more time on this pointless discussion.

You're only reinforcing my point here that you're judging people based on the concept. Somehow, people that roleplay having a racer car are by default =! "experienced roleplayers" to you.

That itself is a problem in the community.

21 minutes ago, yerro said:

You're only reinforcing my point here that you're judging people based on the concept. Somehow, people that roleplay having a racer car are by default =! "experienced roleplayers" to you.

That itself is a problem in the community.

He's saying he doesn't care to make a judgment at all because it's elitist, and you're now arguing that it's wrong to not be judging them negatively because that defaults to positive enforcement? Dude, lol. He never even claimed they were good because he flatly doesn't give a shit.

Not everybody doing a thing you don't like is 'a bad person, actually'. Grow up. Clutch your pearls at something else or get a second hobby, like carrying anti-abortion signs at a street corner or something.

Edited by Exploits
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Exploits said:

He's saying he doesn't care to make a judgment at all because it's elitist, and you're now arguing that it's wrong to not be judging them negatively. Dude, lol.

Not everybody doing a thing you don't like is 'a bad person, actually'. Grow up.

I'm talking about him having a negative attitude and outlook in the community. Either I have misread something, or you have.

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

don't let this irrelevant sideshow distract you from the fact there's people using the same name they've used on a different community in 2020

I even once saw a poor black man drive a car that only a rich white man could ever feasibly purchase. Sure, I know nothing about that character I saw driving it, or if he even owned it, or if he was even poor, but I suspect that my cascading series of assumptions into a conclusion can be nothing but sacrosanct and correct.