Terminal Loading Docks [Crime-Free]

Soup

5 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Can't you also steal the crates? Doesn't solve that driver. Robberies shouldn't be allowed at the docks. It's plain unrealistic. Period. If you want to rob a truck, do it during their delivery, not at what would be a major shipping port.

It doesn't solve everything, but it does solve the biggest driver. Creating a safe zone is something that, if I recall correctly, has been rejected already. This is because it creates numerous other problems and issues.

At present, there seem to be three courses of actions that could be taken to quickly (or less quickly) end this problem.

1) Trucker transactions should go through bank accounts

2) Report players who rob truckers in this area to see what an admin makes of the situation at hand. I think without implementing a safe zone, you have a decent chance of getting a careless robber punished. Probably not a properly planned and well executed robbery, which is how it should be.

3) Where is the IC responsibility of the truckers, and especially the trucker companies? They're essentially printing money, but they cant come together and afford security? Get together IC and pay for IC security.

39 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

It doesn't solve everything, but it does solve the biggest driver. Creating a safe zone is something that, if I recall correctly, has been rejected already. This is because it creates numerous other problems and issues.

At present, there seem to be three courses of actions that could be taken to quickly (or less quickly) end this problem.

1) Trucker transactions should go through bank accounts

2) Report players who rob truckers in this area to see what an admin makes of the situation at hand. I think without implementing a safe zone, you have a decent chance of getting a careless robber punished. Probably not a properly planned and well executed robbery, which is how it should be.

3) Where is the IC responsibility of the truckers, and especially the trucker companies? They're essentially printing money, but they cant come together and afford security? Get together IC and pay for IC security.

1) What other numerous problems and issues does it create?

2) The bank transactions won't stop robberies. It may slow for a while, but it won't stop them. People still carry cash + robbers are greedy. Regardless, this is a major shipping port. Realistically it has gate access that controls the flow of people going in and out. It's plain stupid that people are allowed to drive on there the way it is now.

3) Again, it's a major shipping port. It would realistically have it's own Port Police. Private security companies wouldn't be contracting their own security to drive onto the port to act as security. It falls under the same reasoning as to why a police station or a government building is a crime-free zone. Robberies as they currently are played out just wouldn't happen there.

4) If it were me, I'd say to simply disallow robberies at the port. If it's something like a weapon or drug supplier RP'ing bringing product in through the port or bribing port officials for their back story and such, fine. Robberies? It's a no go from me chief.

EDIT:

We are by no means supposed to be a 1:1 of Los Angeles, but as an example of what Port Police would be:

https://www.portoflosangeles.org/about/employment/join-the-los-angeles-port-police

It's a 24/7 police authority that's sole purpose is the security of the port. Sure, we don't have that in-game, but the very reason that we have a similar shipping port would be an argument for at least not allowing small-time robberies. As I said, it's the same reason that PD and government buildings are safe zones. So, let's compromise and just disallow petty crime and robberies on the port grounds.

Edited by Rayne

Someone who has being briefly trucking for over countless hours, totaling to more than 800 deliveries. I can assure you that the Docks is a very un-reliable place for truckers. 24/7 what I see when no cops are actively patrolling are robberies. Countless, I mean it. It's stupid, how can you enter a place that generates most of the economy for the country? Docks is a trading hub. It's said to be making millions if not billions per year, how can such a thing be compromised.

- Secondly, in the GTA:V mission itself when Wade, Trevor and a friend try to go and steal something within the Docks. It's extremely hard to do so, 24/7 guarding and patrolling is formed which surely cannot allow any normal planned lowlife thug robbery rather a one which would take countless of hours of planning, days or whatnot. 

Please, refrain from saying: No safezone, wut do u mean, huh?! EVERY THING IS A SAFEZONE -  there are literally no safezones except the required ones. What are you actually on about?

- Do you want to rob outside a Courthouse or Police Station, if yes. Then you're in the wrong place, bud.

Edited by Wolfgang

Damn, in my whole rant I forgot to add the Sea of Thieves experience, another issue in trucking. You might wonder - what is that experience?

If you ever played Sea of Thieves as a solo sloop, you might feel that tension and an eye on the horizon all time whilst carrying your precious booty to a safe harbour where you can convert it into cash. That is how night trucking feels like. Any vehicle or bike at the horizon feels like another ship that is about to steal your precious booty, preferably at either pickup or delivery - mainly the docks or outfront the various businesses. However, regarding this issue, a suggestion has been brought up and also some potential ideas on how to tackle the prominent robberies on truckers, mostly motivated due to the OOC knowledge of "getting your time worth" with a full $5.000 payout plus items because truckers usually carry large sums of cash with them due to the nature of the trucking script.

Especially the Jetsam Terminal of the docks, after passing through the security check point and then getting jumped whilst loading up your truck or outfront businesses whilst unloading, it is super strange to find yourself in a robbery, not to mention the majority of the roleplay being poor "/me pulls gun and aims at X." "/b show inventory pls" and happily peeling off with their $5.000 and optionally any items such as a PF firearm or phone before grabbing the next trucker.

Though, whilst I am personally more of a fan of solving such matters in character by, as some suggested, hiring a security company or even start a whole new faction around the port, the high amount of robberies usually stem from the OOC motivation and knowledge that truckers always carry cash on them due to the nature of the trucking script. As for robberies outfront businesses, such is usually punished in character as they openly present themselves to CCTV systems, making it easier on law enforcement to investigate and eventually locate said criminal. As for the terminal and other suppliers such as the western docks, textile town, the meat factory and You Tool Supermart in the county...all of them would realistically be filled with workers handling deliveries that go in and out, managing the stock and processing delivery orders. There would be bustle and reasonable means of security - especially at the docks. I second this suggestion for the docks / the Jetsam Terminal.

• mj2002 locked this topic