Terminal Loading Docks [Crime-Free]

Soup

As we all know, we're expected to roleplay to fit real-life standards, meaning that going 100mph down a street IG isn't justified based off the fact that the street is empty, because realistically there would be vehicles and other members of the public to consider. Taking the same criteria into account, as you approach the entrance to the docks, there is a station point for security. Obviously it is there for the monitoring the incoming and outgoing traffic. 

With respects, there's probably no one who would find any satisfaction of RPing Dock Security, but I'm sure it can be agreed that it /would/ be there, and is something to consider.

When the only reasons for being inside the docks are either to collect goods for transportation, or to ICly apply/recruit into a trucking job (( script trucking )), It would make sense that a form of identification would have to be shown before passing into the docks itself to declare that you're there with purpose.

It's made quite clear that unidentified traffic will be stopped and questioned on arrival if certain ID can't be shown, or if they don't appear to be operating a delivery vehicle:

Spoiler

vgObef1.png

It is quite literally displayed quite clearly that "All vehicles must display dock permits upon entry" - which again, would add to my point of not disregarding the security procedures in-place, and that realistically said procedures would be enforced.

With this being the main entry point, we can't forget the one as you go over the bridge either. Still with the same principle; barriers, station points, all the methods to keep unidentified, and unwanted traffic out.

Spoiler

xrZFPPn.png

Main thing to consider with this is if you drove up to a dock of any kind, masked up in a blacked out vehicle, you would not be getting into the dock. Straight no. If anything, you'd have the police called on you by some concerned security guards. If you was to avoid the entrance(s) entirely by choosing an alternate route into the docks, again, 911 and a lovely trespassing charge before the opportunity arises to rob anyone.

I know that it's GTA World, and things can't quite emulate real-life to the extent of which we would like, but these things contribute to the vision. I've always thought about this when I'm told about chain robberies, or even robberies in the docks themselves where you would be /LITERALLY/ loading goods with however many people around actually managing the area itself; just not realistic for robberies to happen here in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 2

Usually, I oppose the formation of crime-free zones as we already have enough on the map. However, I actually support this suggestion, as robberies along the docks have been commonplace. I've been a part-time trucker for around a month, and would witness at least 1-2 police scenes every four-hour shift at the docks revolving around some sort of robbery against a trucker.

Robberies against trucks should be happening while traveling IN-BETWEEN destinations rather than at the heavily secured loading docks.

Supported.

Edited by DLimit
10 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Instead of making this a crime-free area, which has been suggested and rejected before, it is better to have trucking payments go through bank accounts instead of cash.

or either we have an option to choose either we want the money go through bank or cash.

I have directly went against this suggestion in the past as I feel that crime free zones should not be used in this purpose as a barrier protecting players, especially when they are already established in the game (i.e. not new players, they should know the ins and outs of RP). I also have stated that it should be patrolled by a security company, because as I have been told by police, the location is not patrolled by any police department. In fact, it used to be contracted to Gruppe 6 before the government collapsed and it still hasn't been renewed with the new government.

However, looking back on it I'd say that I was wrong. It should be crime free, as the amount of robberies, murders, and just random bullshit I have witnessed there working as security for trucking companies is ridiculous. In no world except GTA world will people just go to a busy city port and be able to pull off robberies on truckers.

Yes, in an ideal server with 1000+ players there should be a security company patrolling there and it should not be a crime free bubble. But as it stands, the IC government nor admin team see it fit to actually hire/establish a security company to make up for what they are lacking, neither do people actualy want to rp there in its current state. Therefore this is the only viable solution to stopping the unrealistic amount of crime that goes on there.

TLDR: support

17 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Instead of making this a crime-free area, which has been suggested and rejected before, it is better to have trucking payments go through bank accounts instead of cash.

Even if the trucking script ran through transferring into bank accounts, it's still not to say that people won't be carrying money on them regardless of this. It might not be how you operate, but players do walk around with cash on them which still leaves them vulnerable to robberies. That being said, criminals tend not to let people off lightly if they're secluded and are offering nothing of interest (from personal experience and not everyone.) This opening up other avenues which could be considered such as batteries and other misdemeanour and/or felony crimes, which again, to me have no place here for reasons above.

If people were willing to RP security for the docks, then I'd see no reason why this rule suggestion would even be considered (if it was done well), but as stated before I don't know if people would find any satisfaction with the concept. 

Edited by Soup
4 hours ago, Soup said:

Even if the trucking script ran through transferring into bank accounts, it's still not to say that people won't be carrying money on them regardless of this. It might not be how you operate, but players do walk around with cash on them which still leaves them vulnerable to robberies.

It will remove the single biggest driver behind the problem that this suggestion is trying to resolve.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

It will remove the single biggest driver behind the problem that this suggestion is trying to resolve.

Can't you also steal the crates? Doesn't solve that driver. Robberies shouldn't be allowed at the docks. It's plain unrealistic. Period. If you want to rob a truck, do it during their delivery, not at what would be a major shipping port.

Edited by Rayne
  • mj2002 locked this topic