[LSFD] Meet The Employee - Molly Steele

Jorgensen

LOS SANTOS FIRE DEPARTMENT
PRESS RELEASE - Meet The Employee: Molly Steele

nUPLopY.png

Meet the Employee: Molly Steele

Written by: Alice MacCarthy
Published: 27/10/2020

The Los Santos Fire Department is made up of a dedicated team of employees who serve Los Santos and surrounding areas with courage, integrity and pride every day of their lives. Over the next couple of months you'll be able to learn a bit more about the individuals that give it their all to keep you safe and well.

This week, Public Relations sat down with Station Three's Captain Molly Steele of USAR Task Force 3. Molly talks to us about her motivations for joining the Los Santos Fire Department, what she enjoys about the work and advice for those looking to become a firefighter.

Interview Transcript

What made you want to be a Firefighter and join the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "Prior to 2011 I worked for San Andreas Medical Services, frequently staging for fire calls, my adrenaline fanatic personality coupled with my love of helping others,   gave me the desire to get involved. I wanted to be inside the fire, I wanted the adrenaline of fighting the fire from inside and the overall sense of achievement once   the fire is out and the people are saved. Truth be told it just seemed more 'bad-ass'."

What motivates you in your job role or in the department in general?
 "Once the fire is out the world is a better place. It's a compulsive need to do what ever possible to put that fire out, to rescue the people. That's both literally and   figuratively speaking; the same applies to mountain rescues, high angle rope operations and other high octane incidents. I guess you could say it's an adrenaline-   junkies high, to be in an extremely dangerous situation - yet we do it to save a life, and that's the best feeling there is. So every minute of everyday is spent working   towards that goal; train train and train! It motivates me to work knowing that what I and my fellow Firefighters do will contribute to saving a life."

How do you deal with the day-today stress of the job, being a Firefighter?
 "I focus on the bigger goal of the fire service to save lives and protect property, and as a Captain that's a goal I share with my fellow Firefighters. You don't think   about the stress if you're constantly 'on the go', whether that be training or responding to calls - that's why it's important to have time to 'unwind', this may be just   hanging out with your fellow Firefighters around the table or spending time by yourself; reading, watching TV, cooking...etc. Personally I spend my time planning,   both on and off duty. I watch training videos, I read the paper to learn about all the new developments in our city, I walk different places and drive different roads. I   like to do a lot of research into our area and also discover different techniques in fire and rescue. This knowledge improves mine and others work in the field, while   also helping me to unwind from the stress."

Whats your favourite part of working for the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "The low frequency high risk calls and training - tower rescues, dive calls, cave searches and also structure fires. I'd be lying if I didn't say we're adrenaline junkies   and better yet we're saving a life - what can be better than that? There's also the comradery and social spirit; it's a strong bond that no other work environment has."

Whats any advice you'd give to someone who wants to join the Los Santos Fire Department?
 "Be a sponge - soak up as much as you can. Ask questions, attend training, ride along, try things out, make mistakes and just keep developing yourself."

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Name:  elviswashitlerindisguise
Comment: this 1 time my hous was on fire & miss steel went over 2 suck all the water in the vespucci canal with her n blew all of it over the flames like an elephant. god bless the department of fire

Edited by DirtyVago
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic