Fines, Tickets, and Impounding 24/7??

Le Englishman

17 minutes ago, Tseard said:

If you want to keep it civil, you should refrain from telling people that something is bullshit. Kind of goes against the point.

We're discussing the fact that vehicle's that are obviously parked ilegally due to desync shouldn't be ticketed since it's out of that person's control. Having vehicle's that are parked purposely at a red line is valid and I'm not debating that. I'd argue that it's their job but we'll save that for another thread.

It's not always easy to tell if someone left there car proper but due to desync it got shoved aside. Some people actually do park like that, I've seen it happening. Id be harsh to say officers should go out of their immersion to see if something is IC or OOC. I usually thought that IC is what we common players deal with and OOC is Admin territory. Obviously, if I see a car left on the middle of the street, engine running what not, I park it up myself, cause who knows he might have dc'd, but if the cars engine wasn't on, I'd probably just tow it cause in the end just cause you have desync, shouldn't affect others negatively and be pulled out of their immersion. So common courtesy from both sides should be applied. And if you say it was desync then report it and have the citation avoided if it affects you that much.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, goddessoflife said:

It's not always easy to tell if someone left there car proper but due to desync it got shoved aside. Some people actually do park like that, I've seen it happening. Id be harsh to say officers should go out of their immersion to see if something is IC or OOC. I usually thought that IC is what we common players deal with and OOC is Admin territory. Obviously, if I see a car left on the middle of the street, engine running what not, I park it up myself, cause who knows he might have dc'd, but if the cars engine wasn't on, I'd probably just tow it cause in the end just cause you have desync, shouldn't affect others negatively and be pulled out of their immersion. So common courtesy from both sides should be applied. And if you say it was desync then report it and have the citation avoided if it affects you that much.

Then that is where we disagree.

• Upvote 1

Quite honestly, you can tell if a car is desynced or not.. When a car is perfectly parked on the sidewalk/red line and perfectly aligned with the curb? Chances are nobody slammed into it and made it park there. 

This entire debate is all IC, As a Traffic member our role is to enforce traffic laws, which includes illegal parking, Whether you like it or not if you decide to park on the street you're running the risk of getting a citation... If you're in a private laneway then it's a different story however I have seen countless people park illegally on red lines, alleyways etc. And they get ticketed. 

Now before people start accusing others of being on a power trip and just ticket everyone they see... I can dispute that right now by saying issuing a citation is alot of paperwork... And ask the people in PD I interact with on an OOC level and they'll tell you how much I hate paperwork. My character strives himself on being a community police officer, working with the community so I use OOC judgement to the best of my ability to determine whether a vehicle deserves to be issued a citation and so do the officers under me in Traffic Division.

There's an entire process with citations, Most citations are under $2500 (Citations relating to spawned vehicles that are illegally parked). However if your vehicle is illegally parked and unregistered/uninsured? Then that's just your fault as the Penal Code clearly states under section 420, that you cannot park on a public roadway with no insurance or registration.. And the fact it's parked clearly means you've been driving which is also in violation of 420. 

If you're constantly getting cited then there's clearly something wrong with your parking or choice of parking, as it's highly unlikely that a citation every day is down to desync. 

• Upvote 2

With that ^ said, I'll close down this thread. If someone's IC character wishes to park incorrectly, it's no surprise they will face the consequences. IN-CHARACTER consequences, no less.  This is why there is an entire IC system to deal with such issues. If it's desync, then that is why administrators are there to help you. I've not seen really seen anyone complaining about their vehicles being fined unfairly due to desync. It's maybe happened once last month from my personal experience as an admin.

• Upvote 2
  • Bombie locked this topic