Fines, Tickets, and Impounding 24/7??

Le Englishman

7 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

In most cases it's a person who roleplays most of their time on PD duty, thinking he is putting order when instead he is killing the wish of players to play.

Speaking as a LEO faction leader, gotta say I agree with you. I'm all for traffic enforcement cause there's a potential for decent interaction and roleplay but rolling along and slapping tickets on parked cars really doesn't provide quality roleplay to anyone. Honestly just seems like a power trip to me. 

Edited by Jonesy
  • Upvote 4
On 10/26/2020 at 9:45 AM, $dollar$ said:

So its becoming a running theme now that because I cannot /vp one of my vehicles due to items inside that dont allow this, it is getting consistently fined and impounded almost every night. So when the server restarts or someone hits my vehicle whilst im logged or on another char, It is getting tickets left on it.

For the past week week I have had 4 fines, one for almost each night due to "illegal parking" but when I have left the vehicle it has been in a parking space..... 

My question is, has anyone else had trouble with these consistent fines or is this just a bit of bad luck?

wV9dpw6.png

Also I have no idea what a vehicle registration fine even means, I've owned that vehicle for 3 weeks and not had any issues until last night.

Of course I deal with these IG and rply but if there is someone at fault here just dishing fines out for the fun of it then its got to stop or i'll be bankrupt soon!

https://prnt.sc/v86xfl Someone might need to look into who 7040 is, they seem to be trolling. A similar situation happened to me.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Speaking as a LEO faction leader, gotta say I agree with you. I'm all for traffic enforcement cause there's a potential for decent interaction and roleplay but rolling along and slapping tickets on parked cars really doesn't provide quality roleplay to anyone. Honestly just seems like a power trip to me. 

I think the same, because even in the worst case that the said player does not develop anything and focuses completely on LEO job throughout his playtime, I think a discussion or even arguing in-character over the fine, with results such as forgiving or lowering the fine per say, would give a positive impact to the player in the sense that they would not have to pay the fine, but on the other hand it would make the LEO faction seem more sensible and down-to-earth. I think this is the best outcome for both sides.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:28 PM, Momo's Revenge said:

He did is what he is saying if any of you bothered to read the OP. The problem is people hit the car because it isn't v parked and doesn't get despawned fast enough if it is left.

Now disregarding that, it is ridiculous to say a vehicle needs to be insured when it is a parked vehicle. That's very unrealistic. 

On 10/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, $dollar$ said:

So its becoming a running theme now that because I cannot /vp one of my vehicles due to items inside that dont allow this, it is getting consistently fined and impounded almost every night. So when the server restarts or someone hits my vehicle whilst im logged or on another char, It is getting tickets left on it.

For the past week week I have had 4 fines, one for almost each night due to "illegal parking" but when I have left the vehicle it has been in a parking space..... 

My question is, has anyone else had trouble with these consistent fines or is this just a bit of bad luck?

wV9dpw6.png

Also I have no idea what a vehicle registration fine even means, I've owned that vehicle for 3 weeks and not had any issues until last night.

Of course I deal with these IG and rply but if there is someone at fault here just dishing fines out for the fun of it then its got to stop or i'll be bankrupt soon!

All of you should make it a thing to start taking pictures of vehicles when parking them to contest any tickets in traffic court. I myself look at the vehicle and consider before issuing a ticket on the off-chance that the vehicle is parked that way due to desync or other people ramming it. And often end up ignoring most poorly-parked vehicles because I believe that aforementioned is what happened. Still, if your vehicle is rammed out of it's parking space and a cop finds your vehicle poorly-parked, they can decide to take a picture and say "Hey, this is how I found it". They can't see damages on the vehicle because that's not synced so they have no way to be 100% sure whether it's a sync issue or not.

It falls to you to ICly take a picture of how your vehicle was parked when you park it on a public road or on any public property in general, so you can prove in traffic court that YOU left your vehicle correctly. 
Cops do exactly the same thing when they ticket a vehicle-- Back it up with a report and pictures to prove that.

No officer will "Troll" or anything simply by ticketing vehicles, because ticketing a vehicle takes 15 to 30 minutes of paperwork for them.

Edited by BjornV
6 minutes ago, BjornV said:

All of you should make it a thing to start taking pictures of vehicles when parking them to contest any tickets in traffic court. I myself look at the vehicle and consider before issuing a ticket on the off-chance that the vehicle is parked that way due to desync or other people ramming it. And often end up ignoring most poorly-parked vehicles because I believe that aforementioned is what happened. Still, if your vehicle is rammed out of it's parking space and a cop finds your vehicle poorly-parked, they can decide to take a picture and say "Hey, this is how I found it". They can't see damages on the vehicle because that's not synced so they have no way to be 100% sure whether it's a sync issue or not.

It falls to you to ICly take a picture of how your vehicle was parked when you park it on a public road or on any public property in general, so you can prove in traffic court that YOU left your vehicle correctly. 
Cops do exactly the same thing when they ticket a vehicle-- Back it up with a report and pictures to prove that.

No officer will "Troll" or anything simply by ticketing vehicles, because ticketing a vehicle takes 15 to 30 minutes of paperwork for them.

You see, you are not 100% sure, so instead of letting people enjoy, you put them a fine and expect them to take their pictures everytime they park a car in a videogame, or pay 7,500$, and then have money to pay the insurance later, which would approximately take hours to do, if they have the nerve to grind that cash. You see a problem here buddy?

6 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

https://prnt.sc/v86xfl Someone might need to look into who 7040 is, they seem to be trolling. A similar situation happened to me.

You neglected to mention this is due to you nearly killing two EMTs with the hood of your pickup truck in the middle of an accident scene. IC disagreement is fine but making OOC assumptions because you got in trouble for committing a felony IC is silly.

For the record as well, as this is the anti Sush thread, I take photos of every vehicle I cite or impound. They are all included on every traffic report surrounding a ticket/impound. I would not issue a citation on a vehicle without reason as I do not have corruption permissions. I do issue a lot of tickets, yes, but it's a small portion of what I do IC and the (frankly too much) time I'm in game provides more opportunity. According to my ABAS I'm at about a 50/50 on and off duty rate. End of day, and this doesn't just apply in my case, if you don't want your vehicle to receive citations for illegal parking or insurance violations, don't park illegally with unpaid insurance. I have tried to refrain in the past from issuing citations like this to brand new players as they may not have a firm grasp of our IC laws yet and bullying them over that would be unfair. However, the majority of people I cite have been issued traffic citations previously and have been on the server for months at time of incident.

I have never seen threads dedicated to how being jailed for other crimes is unfair. TLDR: if you don't want to be cited for a crime don't commit the crime. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
  • Bombie locked this topic