Fines, Tickets, and Impounding 24/7??

Le Englishman

1 hour ago, Momo's Revenge said:

He did is what he is saying if any of you bothered to read the OP. The problem is people hit the car because it isn't v parked and doesn't get despawned fast enough if it is left.

Now disregarding that, it is ridiculous to say a vehicle needs to be insured when it is a parked vehicle. That's very unrealistic. 

$dollar$ parked his car ON the sidewalk of a PUBLIC street with the car uninsured. I see nothing wrong with the two tickets he got for that. 

Please explain how it is realistic to leave a car on the public road uninsured. Please go outside and check the insurance sticker of the cars on the street, I can assure you all of them are be insured. And do you park your car on the sidewalk?

The penal code also clearly states:

Any person(s) who drives, moves, or leaves standing upon a public road, any unregistered motor vehicle, or any motor vehicle that does not display an identification plate. Or who, within the time required by law, fails to pay their vehicular insurance bills.

If the car is in a parking lot, or driveway, or a shop, does not apply to this law. But he parked on a public street.

Someone stole my car and parked it directly in front of PD just to get it impounded. Which is stupid considering there would be cameras outside PD...

My boyfriend also got a ticket for being parked in a private property and not on a road without insurance. It doesn't make sense for them to be able to look up insurance without the owner present afaik nut that's besides the point. 

I also find it very ironic that PD only impounds cars when they're uninsured or unregistered but not if they're blocking a entrance or parked illegally. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
34 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I also find it very ironic that PD only impounds cars when they're uninsured or unregistered but not if they're blocking a entrance or parked illegally. 

I promise my character will impound vehicles for that as well. It's a case-by-case basis though.

Here's the reference photo for where the vehicle was at time of citation:

unknown.png

Just for reference as well, here are locations / situations where parking would be considered illegal:

• In a manner that obstructs a lane of traffic and prevents traffic from properly flowing. 
  • In a manner that obstructs an alleyway used by traffic and prevents traffic from entering and/or exiting the alleyway. 
  • In a manner that obstructs a parking lot and prevents vehicles from leaving or entering the lot. 
  • Within a marked crosswalk. 
  • On any sidewalk that completely obstructs pedestrian foot traffic, or on any median. 
  • Facing opposing traffic. 
  • On a bridge outside of the City of Los Santos or inside of any tunnel. 
  • On any freeway. 
  • On or within range of railroad tracks, where such a range poses the risk of the vehicle being struck by any railroad cars. 
  • In the immediate ambulatory parking or bay area of a hospital or clinic. 
  • In the immediate vicinity of the Bank's entrance, including the sidewalk adjacent to the metal barriers. 
  • In front of or obstructing a private driveway or an entrance or exit to a private road or path. 
  • Next to a fire hydrant, and/or on a firelane marked by red lines. 
  • In a fashion which blocks the flow of traffic.
  • On any part of a sidewalk. 
  • At or near a helipad or an aircraft landing zone, if in control of a non-aerial vehicle.

It's available as well on the penal code here: Under 406. Illegal Parking (I)

1 minute ago, Sush said:

I promise my character will impound vehicles for that as well. It's a case-by-case basis though.

Here's the reference photo for where the vehicle was at time of citation:

unknown.png

Just for reference as well, here are locations / situations where parking would be considered illegal:

• In a manner that obstructs a lane of traffic and prevents traffic from properly flowing. 
  • In a manner that obstructs an alleyway used by traffic and prevents traffic from entering and/or exiting the alleyway. 
  • In a manner that obstructs a parking lot and prevents vehicles from leaving or entering the lot. 
  • Within a marked crosswalk. 
  • On any sidewalk that completely obstructs pedestrian foot traffic, or on any median. 
  • Facing opposing traffic. 
  • On a bridge outside of the City of Los Santos or inside of any tunnel. 
  • On any freeway. 
  • On or within range of railroad tracks, where such a range poses the risk of the vehicle being struck by any railroad cars. 
  • In the immediate ambulatory parking or bay area of a hospital or clinic. 
  • In the immediate vicinity of the Bank's entrance, including the sidewalk adjacent to the metal barriers. 
  • In front of or obstructing a private driveway or an entrance or exit to a private road or path. 
  • Next to a fire hydrant, and/or on a firelane marked by red lines. 
  • In a fashion which blocks the flow of traffic.
  • On any part of a sidewalk. 
  • At or near a helipad or an aircraft landing zone, if in control of a non-aerial vehicle.

It's available as well on the penal code here: Under 406. Illegal Parking (I)

Fair enough. I do understand that some officers do impound and impound correctly.

It's just a bit frustrating to see so many cars in the middle of the road all day or parked by red lines or parked in a way that forces you to drive into the oncoming lane all the way up till the server restart. 

And it does become a bit more frustrating to see my car impounded for being stolen and abandoned in front of PD when those situations happen but I realize there isn't anything that can be done about this and this will always be an issue. 

45 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Fair enough. I do understand that some officers do impound and impound correctly.

It's just a bit frustrating to see so many cars in the middle of the road all day or parked by red lines or parked in a way that forces you to drive into the oncoming lane all the way up till the server restart. 

And it does become a bit more frustrating to see my car impounded for being stolen and abandoned in front of PD when those situations happen but I realize there isn't anything that can be done about this and this will always be an issue. 

When we see a car in the middle of the road, we don't impound it instantly because usually it's just a player who crashed or something of that sort, people don't just leave their car in the middle of the road. If however we see a car somewhere, and an hour later its still there, that's when we do the impound. (Speaking from what other people in PD told me) 

Also, the penal code states that if a car is illegally parked we are allowed to tow it if it's obstructing traffic, but usually it's not and there's no reason to impound. 

I get your pain but it seems you've just not researched the subject enough. I know it might seem annoying you have to learn the regulations they have here but ultimately, the tl;dr answer is — you need to keep your vehicle registered & insured (obviously; you can check your remaining insurance in /vstats) and then make sure you park appropriately.

Some inappropriate parking examples are occupying fire lanes (red curbs), blocking an alleyway or similar. Instead, try to find a parking lot nearby, or an open strip of curb (white) in an area where it's appropriate. There are actually a lot of designated parking spots in LS that you can find for any situation, and it also, in a sense, enhances immersion on the server as cars look the part when parked.

Never had a ticket for parking or anything of the sort as of my 7 weeks here.

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Use /report for these instances.

I'd love to but the administration team doesn't have the time to deal with small issues like that.

The last time I had a small report for a bugged corpse it took over and hour for an administrator to respond. They have better things to deal with than cars in the middle of the road and I don't think administration would be happy with me if I did 10 reports a day. 

Edit: I'm not trying to flame the administration team either. I've just not had good luck with response time with reports and it makes me selective of when I want to put in a report having to potentially wait for an hour. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
  • Bombie locked this topic