DavisLTD Crime-Free Zone

ThatDutchPerson

I am going to have to disagree, I have lived near areas where there are 7/11's that you just don't go near after dark. The LTD can become a meme a times yea, but it also sits in the middle of the worse neighborhoods of LS. It should be a place both locals and non-locals should be weary of. 

I do agree there should be a mile radius of another store useable but not-so-brave citizens, not just based on the fear of the rp of the area but the need that the other side of the map shouldnt have to travel to rp a burger or grab a backpack.

It's not a place normal people outside of South Central should be going to. We literally only got a fairly small portion of the map  just to do Hood RP and yet, people want to make essential parts of it a crime free zone. It would realistically be a place notorious and well known by South Central locals, like Jesse Owens Park and the swap meet in real life.

Edited by The Professor

Honestly this makes no sense.

If you witness poorly roleplayed crime there, file a report - simple as. I agree that plenty of the shit happening in Davis and the crime rate appear unrealistic, although being lucky enough to live in a virtually crime-free area IRL I can't really speak for that. You have to also take into account that there's plenty of random players that head into these areas to deliberately cause a fuss. If you cuss out a gang member in their own hood, public view or not, you're bound to get beat the fuck up or shot. Obviously, at their own risk - getting caught for murder by the police often means a forced character kill (life in jail).

What I also agree with is that the business script needs minor changing, there's plenty of characters being forced to head to a literal warzone because it's the only open general store on the map.

Edited by LennyBE

I live near areas with a lot of gang activity, and there absolutely can be 5 murders in 2 hours. I think you're underestimating how violent gang conflicts can be. Fights and even people being shot down in public are definitely a thing.

As someone who sometimes plays characters that live in that area, and even work at that LTD, I can tell you that bad RP gets reported there just the same as anywhere else. Making it "crime-free" would completely ruin the immersion of the area, and would take away a lot of RP.

The kind of RP you enjoy isn't necessarily the same as what everyone else enjoys.

Making Davis LTD a crime free area is pointless... Like @lambchops said pump your gas somewhere else. You’ll just be adding more work for the administrators who already have enough on their plates. I don’t see this moving forward.

In regards to whether it’s unrealistic or realistic for there to be multiple murders or brawls between other gangs near the LTD. It is very much realistic as you have multiple gangs in that area fighting over turf. Happens all the time in areas with high gang activity, especially in the US. 

Edited by TyJ

I don't even play an illegal character, but...

... If the amount of IC crime in an area bothers you I kindly suggest to simply not RP in that area.

Davis LTD is not a crucial stop for literally anyone in the game and in fact the general area offers no service that you can't obtain within (at most) a 30 second drive from there. The only exception I see is if it's the only open character business and you need an item from there, at which point I can only say that if you're scared of taking your character there to buy a late night... emergency duffel bag or whatever, then maybe your character should too, and they should wait until the morning when it's nice and chill.

I do nonetheless agree that it's a bit ridiculous that all shops close when one on the other side of the map opens and that a radius should be established if possible.

Violent zones and their effect on an area are in-character events, and should be dealt with in-character. OOC policing of public spaces is not the way to go. Especially when the place doesn't benefit from being a crime-free zone at all. Then it will just be another dead gas station that sees sporadic passive RP from bored people.

On the other hand, if the local RPers are going to be all "it's supposed to be a scary place, just don't come here", then admins might as well exclude Davis LTD from the gas station and grocery store scripts that make it so you can't make purchases in other businesses when one is open. That should make everyone happy.

8 hours ago, hillievonb said:

On the other hand, if the local RPers are going to be all "it's supposed to be a scary place, just don't come here", then admins might as well exclude Davis LTD from the gas station and grocery store scripts that make it so you can't make purchases in other businesses when one is open. That should make everyone happy.

I think this is a great compromise, personally. Supporting.

• effion locked this topic