DavisLTD Crime-Free Zone

ThatDutchPerson

Making it a crime-free area, probably not the best approach. Perhaps LE needs to step up patrols or Davis LTD employees should call for added patrols/units to actually sit in the parking lot and perform a show a force or at very least a police presence. There should be some IC means to deter and eliminate some of the petty crime and terrible RP that occur there instead of leaning towards an OOC solution.

I, for one, stay out of Davis and that area because I know confrontations are bound to happen. That's what makes it fun though as I occasionally do travel there and know I'll see a brawl or police situation.. The situations you described seem excessive and maybe some "bad" RP occurred there, but look for some IC RP opportunities there. Petition your local police department, make some online posts (in forum), call for additional police presence, write and bother your new Mayor. I'm just thinking of different options than to make this a crime-free zone.

Edited by ChaosOne
5 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I do agree there's A LOT to be desired when it comes to Davis-based illegal RP, especially in what is essentially Davis's RP hub but making the entire area a crime-free zone feels like an overstep.

All I can really recommend is throwing in a /report if people are acting stupid and let an admin on scene remind everyone to behave, I know it's a cop-out but nothings going to change until staff put their foot down and start dishing out harsher and more frequent punishments for this behavior instead of the current "there goes Davis again" attitude and pretending it doesn't exist. 

People's problems aren't Davis being a crime-central IC, it's the awful RP, portrayal and representation of the area. 

Amen, this is exactly what I mean.

From what I understand, the area of Davis and David LTD is basically the GTA:W equivalent to LSRPs Idlewood/Iraqwood and the center of violent and gang-related crimes. It is more of an in-character problem to tackle issues present in those areas instead of ruling it on an out of character basis. You decide to stay and even work in that area voluntarily - if your character does not get along with all the crime, they may consider looking for a new job at a safer location rather than sitting in the middle of a war zone. At least that is what most civilians do or teach others new in town - first rule: Never go to Davis.

Regarding bad or unrealistic roleplay, as always, goes along with reporting said players to the Admin team, may it be through /report or a player report on the forums.

Edited by orca112

Avoid the area if you don't want to face the extreme amount of crime there. It happens IRL, there are places normal civilians avoid out of fear.

As for awful RP, portrayal - report them to RPQM.

Tomorrow someone else will say "x has too much crime, make it a crime-free zone too"

Deal with it ICly.
Just my opinion on it.

Making Davis LTD a crime free area won't do anything but increase the amount of reports that we get. Ergo, increasing the administrative workload for little reason. If someone is breaking the rules, report them.

If someone's RP is subpar? Go through proper RPQM channels!

Do what I do with Davis LTD: Don't go there unless you absolutely have to.

Most weirdest suggestion that I saw for a while. We shouldn't make an area a magical ''crime-free'' zone because a lot of criminal activity happens there. Deal with it in-character. Avoid the area if you are sensitive about it. Go to the government and put police pressure on the area. If we turn this into a crime zone free, then we're putting too much OOC influence onto IC actions. If people are being absurd in their roleplay, you can report them and have admins deal with it.

Gigantic no.

10 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

It really makes no sense for any of my characters to travel to the Davis gas station to pick up anything and literally put their life in danger. ESPECIALLY if my character is in Paleto across the map. I don't understand why the script reaches this far. 

Why would you travel from Paleto to Davis just to get a water bottle, or a mask.

1 minute ago, Zt4e said:

Why would you travel from Paleto to Davis just to get a water bottle, or a mask.

You have to. OOCly the script forces you to travel to the nearest open gas station or grocery store. This usually tends to be the Davis gas station. 

This is both an IC issue and an OOC issue. OOCly you're forced to go there for certain foods. ICly the crime rate is PD's issue and ICly you'd want to avoid the place but the script won't allow it. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
24 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I dont see how the following situations are defendable;

- 5 murders in 2 hours

- 2 stabbings in an hour

- 3 brawls in 2 hours

- Flatbad VS Scooter

If you think about it, this is normal because South Los Santos have some very violent gangs, they'd kill you just because you pushed them. If you don't want to get killed, jumped or robbed just carry a gun with you, simple as that.

• effion locked this topic