Revamp CK's for jail.

SOLID24

3 minutes ago, shiroq said:

I agree, people forget that they can enter protective custody. There are means to avoid getting mixed into general population. And a rule like that would defintively fix prison rp in a major way because this wouldn't only apply to people entering the prison but also to the people that are commiting crimes inside of it and IF they are release one day they could face consequences for their actions inside too, like if they cked someone inside for whatever reason and it was found out that they did it someone could track them down and ck them for killing their associate and what not. When the "no fear rp" rule came into play where you could report and get it done instantly in the game at least from my POV shifted a lot of attitudes but then the rule was removed and now if you want to ck someone who did not show proper fear in an rp scenario you have to make a report and i have noticed a trend in "mallrats" that is shifting back to them not giving a fuck anymore because well lets be honest some people are not willing to make a report and wait weeks for it to get processed.

So I think all ck's or a very harsh push towards more ck's in prison is the way to go.

Possibilities are endless my friend. How's SD supposed to even charge and handle deaths in jail when the inmate is walking around doing the same thing again? It's just demotivating and needs to be fixed urgently.

Agreed fully, I appreciate that there is a portion of hitmen with supercars who may treat this suggestion with disdain, however I'm sure management can find a way around it to appease both sides. Jail RP is thriving, and it's constantly evolving. From where it was initially to where it is now is attributed to the efforts made by the Sureno and White car as well as the staff and SD who have supported with this. This suggestion is critical in ensuring we're able to get into a position where we can take it to the next level.

EDIT: 

Items to add: An automated message when someone gets into jail, they are notified when they die its a CK. This way you don't have people complaining that they didn't know.

Additional information:  Same would apply to guard staff, though waay higher precautions would need to be put in place in order to take out a guard.

Edited by SOLID24

If this is added, I believe there should be at least a 3rd Pod, which will be Protective Custody. Maybe it could just be a replica male pod but it's just labeled as PC instead of GP. Cause there isn't like an actual PC Pod. It's basically just getting shoved into D-Seg and roleplaying the shit like it's Protective Custody.

I don't necessarily disagree with the suggestion, I'm just skeptical on how it'd work in practice.

Admins would surely have to see actual evidence and decent justification to accept a CK which would obviously take time on-top of what they're already doing (IG administration, forum reports, IG reports, CK apps, etc) and can't be done through a quick /b chat which brings up what Dislord slightly touched on, why can't this be done through a CK app? Sounds like a big chunk of the motivation behind this suggestion is the long time it takes to actually have a CK app accepted, having that fixed by basically replacing PK's with CK's and a chance to appeal if you feel you was wronged but having admins stretched between what I listed above with this NEW system in place feels like it's slow things down even more and almost defeats the point.

Also just like the CK rules (unless they've changed since i last checked) would prisoners be willing to CK their own characters if say, they attempted to stab a prisoner in a coordinated attack and were killed in the crossfire of a brawl? Wouldn't feel fair for players to have a PK safety net just because they're established prisoners. 

Ultimately agree with the suggestion on paper, just how I'd agree with every PK on the server being a CK but obviously in practice these things don't work out and I'm not entirely sure from all the illegal RP I've been around and seen if I'd trust the majority with that power, suppose a short trial run wouldn't be horrible though?