Revamp CK's for jail.

SOLID24

Edited topic overall, Revamp CK's for jail. This rule will now just apply to those who refuse to role play fear inside of jail with the system of politics, prison gangs ect. It will apply to both inmates and guard staff. Its also an automatic CK if you die in a riot.

There are people who have no clue about prison RP and are not interested in it that just go there for minor offenses. Let's remember that the prison is only one singular place here, not like LSRP where you had jail cells and SACF - someone for veh.endangerement will do their 1hr jail with the same guys who do 15 days for murder whatsoever which is not realistic at all, as in IRL you don't really go to a prison for minor offenses. Seperate actual felons from petty criminals and then perhaps the CK system in jail could work better. Felons with felons, petties with petties in regular PD building cells. Nobody wants to get jailed for an hour or two, have no idea about how prison works and then gets CK'd for some reasons. Because first of all, he wouldn't be there. There's much more to be done before something like this can even work smoothly. Not supporting. And I've seen people get CK'd from prison riots. It happens - rarely, but happens.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Mister Barrowsky said:

There are people who have no clue about prison RP and are not interested in it that just go there for minor offenses. Let's remember that the prison is only one singular place here, not like LSRP where you had jail cells and SACF - someone for veh.endangerement will do their 1hr jail with the same guys who do 15 days for murder whatsoever which is not realistic at all, as in IRL you don't really go to a prison for minor offenses. Seperate actual felons from petty criminals and then perhaps the CK system in jail could work better. Felons with felons, petties with petties in regular PD building cells. Nobody wants to get jailed for an hour or two, have no idea about how prison works and then gets CK'd for some reasons. Because first of all, he wouldn't be there. There's much more to be done before something like this can even work smoothly. Not supporting. And I've seen people get CK'd from prison riots. It happens - rarely, but happens.

Your acting as if there is violence none stop in prison or as if prison gangs are forcing their RP down people throats. A majority of people interaction with the gangs would be simply having their paperwork checked and have the rules explained to them. I actually had to check some guys paperwork who was in for reckless driving when prison was first released, they said they enjoyed RPing with us and said our RP actually made their time in jail enjoyable. They correctly RPed fear by respecting the way things work in jail. No one forced them to get a swastika tattooed on their arm or to stab someone in the yard.

But it's that same group of players who are only in for a few hours who are causing the issues, not the gangs. They throw fear out the window because they know they are only in for a few hours and at worst they just respawn in their cell. This leads them to challenge the prison gangs unrealistically, putting the gangs in a awkward situation where they are forced to respond. I personally had to stab three mallrats to death when I was a white shotcaller because they called my character a bitch in front of the entire pod, why did they call me a bitch? Because I told them they were sitting at the whites table and they needed to move. Now I don't know about you, but if I was to go to a major county jail in the united states and a ripped duded covered in gang tattoo's told me to move? I'd probably move and I'd most definitely not call him a bitch. You know why? Because even the general public in the US knows not to call someone a bitch in prison. It's unrealistic as hell to do it on the server and it's done because people have absolutely no fear of anything happening to their characters in jail. Hence why this rule is needed.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, this rule would only make the jail a lot less violent. Not the inverse. 'Regular' players have no reason to fear the jail factions (I'm speaking in an OOC sense - they have no reason to fear being CKed for no reason). If anything their influence should actually make jail more safe for people, so long as the rules are followed. Aside from some gangbanging, violence in jail isn't random. It always occurs for a reason.

Most violence in custody occurs because an inmate gets himself in trouble by disrespecting the rules, disrespecting an individual or getting into debt. In other words it's entirely avoidable if you use common sense and don't roleplay like a moron who isn't intimidated by the structure, brutality and numbers of STGs (prison gangs). It shouldn't be acceptable to pretend you don't know you're supposed to fear other inmates just because your character hasn't been to jail before. It's just an excuse used to justify terrible roleplay because certain people know they'll be released within a few hours. Organized prison gangs provide a lot of good to the criminal roleplay scene and they're put in very awkward positions where they have to deal with inconsiderate players very regularly. It has an effect on those factions after a while, believe me. They should be supported more.

7 hours ago, Mister Barrowsky said:

what are referring to here, felons are the only people in TTCF. If you're arrested for a misdemeanor, they put you in a cell at PD, you have anyone but felons in TTCF. 

On 10/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, Vindus said:

Probably cause a certain type of players were complaining. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not sure if it was Notbond that removed it but he was the one telling me about the change in rule. 

The way it used to work was that in jail, if there was a situation were someone broke the no fear RP rule or did something that put their character's life at risk, we could report in game and have any administrator approve the CK instantly. This was extremely efficient and took very little time to do, it also has great effect on jail RP and the players there. We as jail roleplayers felt that our RP was actually valued and respected, people who trolled us or ruined it with their nooby shit got punished, for example. There was a female that went up to the leader of the white car and called him a cunt in front of the whole pod. Now, this was before we forced a jail gender segregation. She got stabbed and force CK'd. Similar thing happened to hispanic inmates who outright disrespected the surenos and called them low lifes when they attempted to get the hispanic inmate to roll with them. 

It enforces a proper jail and proper RP in the jail. What Notbond (I think) did by changing this rule was allowing these nooby players to ruin the RP we have in there, cause let's be honest. Who wants to take one hour of of you limited free time to write up a CK app on some noob who just came and provoked you to kill him in jail and then wait for weeks to get it approved? 

the rule desperately needs to come back for the reasons listed here. If you don't want to get killed in jail for acting up IC and lose your char, rp going to protective custody (meaning go ahead and actually rp fear. Jail is a hell on earth type of environment, not some fairy land where you can do whatever you want for a few hours before being let out.

Got my support 100%

It might seem far fetched or extreme to people who haven't done prison rp before, I did quite a bit on LSRP and it feels like an uphill battle constantly against tourists coming in for a few hours and not rping fear or politics - you end up feeling like you can only RP with your immediate faction and other prison factions 

Totally breaks your immersion n rp when you've got a black guy coming up to the entire white car like "fuck u racist ass crackers" or a white guy running around the surenos area and causing shit then when you tell him the rundown he just starts punching u or /s some bullshit

Only a very small portion of people rp the fear of having a gang of people policing the system and the politics like segregation etc so you just find urself with a handful of people to actually rp with

some guy comes up and causes some shit cos he's not rping fear/politics  then you and your two pals get put in isolation for fighting him as that's how ur characters would realistically respond and that's the 3 of you out of RP for however long you get for it - get out and the same just happens again

And whoever said above that it would reduce violence in prison rp is totally right 

prison rpers just wanna depict a prison car realistically it's not about fighting and stabbing 24/7 nobody wants to do that shit - not sure about the IC politics here but in my own experiences if you wanted to fight someone (speaking for the white car) you had to go get permission before you did it from the shotcaller the violence isn't a main motivating factor 

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Full support on this.

Some people ignore the fact they're in prison once they're sent in. A prison is a place where you're surrounded by dangerous convicted felons, your enemies are only a few meters away from your cell and the fact you share pod with another convicted felon makes it more dangerous, requires from you to keep your eyes open and just watch what's going on around you, it's not a kindergarten, you don't move tough in prison you move smart because everybody is big in there, anyone can hurt you if you fuck up, so you mustn't want to fuck up. 

This all should be instinctive, it's not something you learn but something you realize once you receive your kit and get sent in to your cell so people who decide to ignore that fact are basically ignoring the Fear-RP rule and should face the consequences of their actions, that's how I see it.

Edited by Giibi_
  • 2 months later...