Revamp CK's for jail.

SOLID24

Short description:  This rule pertains to people who don't correctly fear rp the politics/gangs inside of jail, as well as there being an automatic CK in riots for those who die.

Detailed description:  Now, before I go on I want to ask this of people, if you haven't role played in jail either on the inmate or DO side, I wish you to not comment on this as imo you simply wouldn't know what I'm talking about. Anyways, back to it.  The thread explains it self, this suggestion is made so that if you die in jail, its automatically a CK whether it be by inmates or guard staff. The pod its self is very small and enclosed its self. In the past I have killed someone either for rping a child molester or a drop out who doesn't want to program with my car, or simply was targeted for his affiliations or debts he may have. And usually, this is done internally between the races. Meaning since my guy is Hispanic, I'd do this to a fellow Hispanic. Now, after I stab him, murder him whatever, its really awkward when its a PK because I literally see him five minutes later. And being that its done internally and this guy is Hispanic, technically he is supposed to rp with other Hispanics inside the jail. This makes things really confusing at times and just plainly awkward because, someone we've literally killed who should be rping with us, is forced to stay away from us, But then this causes problems ICLY because technically he'd have to be checked in by our people, but we can't interact with him. So there's a dilemma. It doesn't make since ICLY why we would just leave him in his cell and not bring him into the car. However, then you have the excuse, just stay away from him and pretend like he's not there. Well, this also causes problems, because like I said before the pod is very close together, meaning if someone who is supposed to stay away from us does so, we'd see him around the pod daily and maybe at some points be forced to interact with him. This also causes problems ICLY with other races. Each table inside the pod belongs to a race, whites, blacks ect. So now, this Hispanic guy who was pked by us, can't interact with us, so he now has to sit at other tables. When other races sit at their tables, they ask why there is a Hispanic guy there. So, now not only have we had to RP and interaction coming from him again, but now its also budding into race by race politics. Again playing into my point that this ICLY doesn't make sense at all.

Onto my next point. Now, jail will always have its noobs, that's un debatable. There will always be that one guy that rolls into the pod thinking he's tough shi** so it just starts it with people for no reason. We stay away from these people if we can, however again if they are our race, technically we'd have to role play with them. People just take for granted the politics in jail as all, causing problems 24/7 with other races and their own even. Realistically, when you arrive at jail you are taught to fall in line with the politics, and abide by them, because IRL you'd get killed otherwise. But on here you have the fact that its a video game. So people, will purposely act tough to other races due to the fact that they know, even if they do die It'd just be a PK. I feel like this sense of fear in real life should be enforced on this  game, to make jail overall more serious to play. Now you could say, that why we'd just apply this to jail and not the outside world as total. Well like I've stated the jail is way more enclosed and you are WAAAY more likely to interact with the person then on the outside. It'd be 10x easier to just avoid someone on the outside, while in jail you live in the same area as someone. It could be compared to killing someone in your neighborhood. You'd see them walking the street afterwards and eventually may even rp with them.  Also after you stab someone, and kill them, you leave them in their cell ect. Nothing really happens to you after that, as guards don't really care because the person is still walking around, so how does it make sense to build a case on this person if they are still alive. It doesn't. So investigations themselves would be taken way more seriously, as well as the amount of murders that take place. If they are more likely to be investigated and legal action brought down onto the person that did it, people would think otherwise about killing someone as their first response to something. Fear of the legal actions would be greater.

Also, not to mention the fact, riots would be taken way more seriously then they are. Not saying they aren't but sometimes you have some guy running around like an idiot after asked to prone out, again playing into the fact that he can't die. This is super annoying not only for the staff that have to deal with him, but for us inmates as well.  All in all, I think adding this would make jail its self way more serious then it is right now, making it a better experience for everyone. Especially for the cars active in jail. I also believe, there should be an automatic CK if you die in a riot. This would greater enforce the immersion and realism of riots inside of county jail, on how they take place and what happens before they take place. 

As for my final point, if this rule is added, First of all, you would need better escalation rules. Right now, I can say by personal witness people are getting stabbed a lot more then they should be. I feel like if you are going to stab someone, or order the stabbing on someone then you need to think of possible backlash. However, you also have to think, that internal politics take place every day, and sometimes the result of this is the stabbing of other inmates. So, I believe that the escalation should be left up to the direct car that person is being killed in. If the person finds a problem with the situation that causes the stabbing he can obviously appeal it, and then the situation would be brought up to staff. Another thing, before stabbing another player since its a CK staff would need to approve/over watch the situation. All in all, I believe this would make stabbings way more realistic then how they happen right now. More RP would take place as an result. Finally, I think that if a person is stabbed there needs to be a way higher survival rate when stabbed. IRL, you are more likely to survive a stabbing then die from it, then again this is not the case if you are stabbed by multiple people, however one on one, you are definitely more likely to survive the attack. This would then play in to the staff overseeing the situation,  to decide if the person has been attacked good enough to die. Realistically shanks should not be huge ass metal manchettes. They should be normally around 2-5 inches.  However of course, the shank the player is using has already been approved by FM at that point, so I wouldn't see a problem if someone is stabbed with a shank bigger then this, as management at that point has approved it.

Commands to add:  N/A

Items to add: An automated message when someone gets into jail, they are notified when they die its a CK. This way you don't have people complaining that they didn't know.

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It'd make the jail aspect way more serious on the server, and over all have a good affect on illegal role play, and the legal role play that takes place inside of county jail.

Additional information:  Same would apply to guard staff, though waay higher precautions would need to be put in place in order to take out a guard. 

Edited by SOLID24
  • Upvote 11

This isn't a horrible idea but I do not see it working well as a blanket rule to everyone in jail.

That being said, I would be very interested to see CK's be enforced more often in the jail for illegal faction members/characters in jail for very serious offenses. But someone in jail for relatively minor crimes or someone who isn't affiliated with an illegal organization shouldn't have to run the risk of losing their character in my opinion. Also, I think it goes without saying that if your character has actually been convicted to a life-sentence, any death in jail/prison should be a CK.

I do agree that the potential for serious consequences might reduce how rampant stabbings/assaults are in the jail right now, but I don't think that's a guarantee.

Edited by Dislord

But someone in jail for relatively minor crimes shouldn't have to run the risk of losing their character in my opinion

Well, if the person choses to interact with other people in jail, and cause problems with other people then there should be consequence. This is a huge problem in jail right now, and the main one why people are dissatisfied with it.

I do agree that the potential for serious consequences might reduce how rampant stabbings/assaults are in the jail right now, but I don't think that's a guarantee.

If we applied this rule to the outside when people are shot, would you not agree that this would most likely lower the amount of shootings because if you CK someone people are waay more likely to investigate it. And all in all having the amount of shootings take place being lowered/taken more seriously due to the fact that staff is overwatching this.

Edited by SOLID24
20 minutes ago, SOLID24 said:

Well, if the person choses to interact with other people in jail, and cause problems with other people then there should be consequence. This is a huge problem in jail right now, and the main one why people are dissatisfied with it.

I'd say that ideally you could just put in a CK App. for whoever the person is, but with how long it can take admins to respond to those they'll probably get released before you get a response lol.

I think the easiest way to get around a lot of this awkwardness would be to move characters to another pod if they're PK'd so that you don't have this weird situation where they're not supposed to just hang with the dudes that just fucked them up.

If someone rolls up into jail and goes out of their way to put in work for their race or for a gang in jail, that should put them on the chopping block for potential CKs. But just like how you can't automatically CK someone on the streets because they're being an asshole and starting bullshit, I don't think that doing so in jail should automatically be grounds for a CK.

20 minutes ago, SOLID24 said:

If we applied this rule to the outside when people are shot, would you not agree that this would most likely lower the amount of shootings because if you CK someone people are waay more likely to investigate it.

Maybe, but I don't really think you can accurately compare the streets and the jail side-by-side like that. I think the aggression people have in jail is a result of more than just the fact that consequences aren't severe enough, and that mandating people take CK's won't necessarily mean there will be less stabbings.

Edited by Dislord
16 minutes ago, Dislord said:

I'd say that ideally you could just put in a CK App. for whoever the person is, but with how long it can take admins to respond to those they'll probably get released before you get a response lol.

I think the easiest way to get around a lot of this awkwardness would be to move characters to another pod if they're PK'd so that you don't have this weird situation where they're not supposed to just hang with the dudes that just fucked them up.

If someone rolls up into jail and goes out of their way to put in work for their race or for a gang in jail, that should put them on the chopping block for potential CKs. But just like how you can't automatically CK someone on the streets because they're being an asshole and starting bullshit, I don't think that doing so in jail should automatically be grounds for a CK.

Maybe, but I don't really think you can accurately compare the streets and the jail side-by-side like that. I think the aggression people have in jail is a result of more than just the fact that consequences aren't severe enough, and that mandating people take CK's won't necessarily mean there will be less stabbings.

CK app - I would say this, however usually how it happens is people generally don't want to make them due to the response time on them. With this in place, CKs inside of jail would be handed out at a much quicker pace.

PODS - There are only two pods as of right now, the A pod, aka the male pod and the B pod aka the female pod. I would prefer it if after stabbed a player moves out and PCs up, however barely anyone rps this as again its agame.

Gangs - What you said about the chopping block, you obviously don't know how things run in jail on here or IRL. In jail things are WAAY more serious then taken onto the streets due to the fact that the people you are around are people as young as 19 all the way up to 40. Some of these people have connections to the prison gangs such as eme, AB or NF. Due to this, the rules inside of jail are taken seriously, if you break them. You die. Thats how it works. At the end of the day, if you role play with a group and don't want to be CKed don't bug them. Its very easy to avoid being killed in jail, all you really have to do is just be a good dude. Nothing else, the RP unfolds its self but if you get into a debt, expect backlash.  Again,  this is why I say if you don't role play in jail then please don't comment on the thread so I don't have to review basic stuff you should already know, no offence. Like I said as well, all CKs will be approved by IG staff and overwatched by them. Meaning the reasons must be approved, thus if its obviously a retarded situation with not enough escalation having taken place, then don't approve it. Its not like these stabbings would go un supervised.

Edited by SOLID24
  • Upvote 1

Also to add what I said about the rules and gangs, these yards are directly over saw by the prison gangs, said prison gangs want their yards to be in order. Thus why actions on these yards are taken so seriously. These gangs have proven time an time again they are supposed to be feared, they like to keep it this way.

Edited by SOLID24