ArchiveFix & OpenIV - Setup and Encryption

I made a video and post just over a year ago discussing how to install mods and it got decent views and a lot of questions. I've put together the guide below to cover step  by step from download to install. Hopefully this helps everyone out and is a bit easier to follow than my video.

This guide applies to installing mods, replacing textures and encrypting Rockstars RPF directories so your game can run properly.
I am writing this guide using a steam copy of the game. For those of you who are running Rockstar and or Epic versions these steps will vary slightly. 

Original Post - 

You will need two things in order to follow along with this guide.

Archive Fix - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/237446761441001475/237446813928521728/ArchiveFix.7z

OpenIV - https://openiv.com/

1. Install OpenIV and leave it closed for now.

2. Extract Archivefix zip contents into a folder and navigate to it. 

3. Click in the blank space on the location bar of Explorer and type CMD. Hit Enter;

NnxEGJg.png
  4. A command prompt window will open, showing the path of your folder containing Archive fix.  With this window open launch your normal GTA 5 single player game and leave it minimized.
  5. Return to the command prompt window and enter the following; 
    archivefix.exe fetch

This will start the process of fetching your copies encryption keys. Depending on the strength of your CPU this may take some time; let this run regardless!OHy270k.png

Eventually you will be presented with found XX! messages letting you know the keys are resolving.  It will move onto locating your AES keys for GTA5.exe and so on....

Have some patience and this typically takes some time. On my rig; I7-8700k, 32gb of Memory w/ m.2 drive it took roughly 2 hours start to finish.

HKjZOjm.png

Once all your keys are found you can close the window and we can move on to running the initial setup and configuring OpenIV.

Configuring Open IV

1. Launch OpenIV and Select Windows under Grand Theft Auto V.
  2. Specify your GTA V file location; Default for Steam is  - 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\

3. Your window should look like this; Green is good! Hit Continue twice and OpenIV will launch after locating the keys we just discovered.

image.png.ba5f7f97a7560a8a9dc7b7f791d65b08.png

4.  Navigate to Tools then ASI manager,  install ASI Loader and OpenIV.asi then close. You are finished and ready to import mods!

Full credits to @zUgg zUgg

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3