Resprays.

23 minutes ago, Moore said:

First of all, it takes five minutes in garages that actually have mechanics that don't really know what they are doing. I know literally every single mechanic in OVC takes way over five minutes to do a respray, this this can be said for a few other garages. So, why should it not be more rewarding just because some people put pretty much zero detail into their RP. 

And second of all, of course the support comes from mechanics lol. We are the ones that have to spend 10-15 minutes if not longer sitting there RP'ing the same thing every day. Most my shift is literally respray's doing the same process over and over.

I'd also like to point out some of the things you said that "don't take five to ten minutes" usually do IRL, i know full well depending on the car i can have a bumper off in ten minutes. Depending on the mechanics experience etc of course, every mechanic works at a different pace. I literally do it for a living, not to mention wheels depending if they've been balanced etc, is literally taking lug nuts on and off and swapping over the wheel. I simply don't see how it's fair that mechanics don't deserve a better pay for a job that comes like ten times every shift. Personally it kills my joy in doing the RP. 

Ok, I know this sentence already. I can assure you that every garages I visited, 8 times out of 10, the respray is done is 5 minutes maximum (and less). 

I won't tell names but some of the representatives here are part of what I mentioned. I'm not expecting a real mechanic doing the RP on the car work. I'm just saying that most of them are doing the work very quick. I just have the time to /changechar and the work is done, let me laugh.

It's a job which people can literally repeat the same words/sentences each time a service is asked.

I'm against the "more rewarding" aspect because I think that the earnings are already unbalanced a lot, in the side of garages of course. Mechanics are earning a lot, that's a fact, I experienced this and I forwarded this problem. You're putting this suggestion on the "realism" : realism which I find hard to see. Why not supporting a system of timer instead. Why not pointing at anti-theft system which can give 20 grand, when the work IRL is "as easy" as a Xenon installation for example, which consists of following the instructions from the manual?

"We are the ones that have to spend 10-15 minutes" : come on... I agree some times, that quality RP is here, and customers do tips, that's made for rewarding good work, right? We should gather and visit a garage of your choice for a respray, you'll be surprised, I'm afraid. 

Glad you're working as mechanic for a living, but if you're really here for enjoy RP, what's the matter of earning "less". I know that you shouldn't work for free, or do RP "for free", but thing is that a lot of people are doing RP just for the "joy of RP" as you said, but they earn 0, while mechanics are already making some good revenus of it. What's the link between "joy of RP" and "increase the price"... The main goal of mechanics is providing quality RP and if you're doing that, no worries that customers who appreciates that will return (and more $, and more tips 😉), and the scripted earnings shouldn't interfere at any point with that? A bunch of other jobs are much more to be complained, at the earnings level, relative to RP.

Garages prices are somewhat broken but we're not going to solve the problem by increasing the revenues of garages even more...

2 minutes ago, BlondeRequin said:

Ok, I know this sentence already. I can assure you that every garages I visited, 8 times out of 10, the respray is done is 5 minutes maximum (and less). 

I won't tell names but some of the representatives here are part of what I mentioned. I'm not expecting a real mechanic doing the RP on the car work. I'm just saying that most of them are doing the work very quick. I just have the time to /changechar and the work is done, let me laugh.

It's a job which people can literally repeat the same words/sentences each time a service is asked.

I'm against the "more rewarding" aspect because I think that the earnings are already unbalanced a lot, in the side of garages of course. Mechanics are earning a lot, that's a fact, I experienced this and I forwarded this problem. You're putting this suggestion on the "realism" : realism which I find hard to see. Why not supporting a system of timer instead. Why not pointing at anti-theft system which can give 20 grand, when the work IRL is "as easy" as a Xenon installation for example, which consists of following the instructions from the manual?

"We are the ones that have to spend 10-15 minutes" : come on... I agree some times, that quality RP is here, and customers do tips, that's made for rewarding good work, right? We should gather and visit a garage of your choice for a respray, you'll be surprised, I'm afraid. 

Glad you're working as mechanic for a living, but if you're really here for enjoy RP, what's the matter of earning "less". I know that you shouldn't work for free, or do RP "for free", but thing is that a lot of people are doing RP just for the "joy of RP" as you said, but they earn 0, while mechanics are already making some good revenus of it. What's the link between "joy of RP" and "increase the price"... The main goal of mechanics is providing quality RP and if you're doing that, no worries that customers who appreciates that will return (and more $, and more tips 😉), and the scripted earnings shouldn't interfere at any point with that? A bunch of other jobs are much more to be complained, at the earnings level, relative to RP.

Garages prices are somewhat broken but we're not going to solve the problem by increasing the revenues of garages even more...

It's not the extra cash I'm bothered about, the only reason I'd personally want the price raising, is to lower the amount of people just simply changing their colour every single day, if not every other. Cash isn't the reason I do the job, Being a mechanic is literally in my character's blood. And sure, I agree on the lock prices etc, that's over-board. But resprays is getting pretty out of hand now. Sure, I could report the player, which they'll just continue to do it anyways. Not to mention everytime I go on-duty it'd just turn into a report fest. When the issue could simply be tackled a little by having the price raised, not by much. Maybe up to two and a half grand, instead of it being as low as it is. It get's tiring of doing the same roleplay every single day. I think I can literally do the whole respray RP with my eyes closed I've done it that many times this week alone. It's simply not enjoyable, compared to doing turbo's etc.. that don't pop up all that often, yet the RP is still kept fun because not many people do it. I'm sure many people will still do resprays but it'll stop as many people doing it like twice a day changing their colour randomly. 

Why not adding a timer who says that you can not change your paint job for... 12 hours, 1 day, TBD.

It’s very specific but...

Unlike your initial suggestion, this way, it won’t penalizes regular customers who just wants a respray not that often. It won’t add another extra weight on customers, to the benefit of garages.

9 minutes ago, BlondeRequin said:

Why not adding a timer who says that you can not change your paint job for... 12 hours, 1 day, TBD.

It’s very specific but...

Unlike your initial suggestion, this way, it won’t penalizes regular customers who just wants a respray not that often. It won’t add another extra weight on customers, to the benefit of garages.

I mean, I was about to say the same thing, only issue would be I don't know if it's possible to have a vehicle specific timer for it.

59 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Insurance works with a timer, and works for each car.

I guess that'd work, but I know resprays can be dodgy here and there where the colour just goes back to the original colour before you tried to respray it. But yeah, I'd assume that'd work too.

Let's just have every garage do a paintjob in 3 /me's, then I'd be happy with the price because a paintjob wouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do. 🙂
Fuck rp quality, let's do everything in two lines of /me's.

This is the actual problem, you, people who come to tune your cars. You come up with a huge ass list of parts you want changed, then after 3 minutes you do shit like /me looks at their watch, like, have some patience. You're asking a single person to change more than half of the car in parts, but you also want it done in five minutes.

This suggestion is aimed at us, people who actually put detail into rp and having literally every car who comes into the garage change their paint, because why not? It's cheap and you can do it 10 times a day. Today we had 7 cars come for work, 7 of them changed their cars colors.

Edit: If your sole reason for denying this is because other garages do a shit job at rp'ing, then how about making a team which checks on people's rp at garages? Perhaps, people could start reporting people who are shit at rp'ing modifying cars? I rp the shit I do on my cars myself most of the time, or if I'm too lazy I bring it to a shop which I know that it has good rp.

Edited by ImTheRealHusky

This is the actual problem, you, people who come to tune your cars. You come up with a huge ass list of parts you want changed, then after 3 minutes you do shit like /me looks at their watch, like, have some patience. You're asking a single person to change more than half of the car in parts, but you also want it done in five minutes.

You aren't supposed to reduce the quality of RP just because someone is putting pressure on you ICly 🙂

These guys can always call a taxi and come back hours later. I don't see why this is a problem to provide a good roleplay.

This suggestion is aimed at us, people who actually put detail into rp and having literally every car who comes into the garage change their paint, because why not? It's cheap and you can do it 10 times a day. Today we had 7 cars come for work, 7 of them changed their cars colors.

As said, a timer can solve this problem. Surely not increasing the price, therefore the revenue. 

It's a matter of innovation and I believe you can find good ways to diversify the task.

Edit: If your sole reason for denying this is because other garages do a shit job at rp'ing, then how about making a team which checks on people's rp at garages? Perhaps, people could start reporting people who are shit at rp'ing modifying cars? I rp the shit I do on my cars myself most of the time, or if I'm too lazy I bring it to a shop which I know that it has good rp.

My wish is to not enhance the earnings of mechanics, again, just because they do "quality RP" (a part of my argument is because prices of mechanics services are already so unbalanced, that it would require an entire revamp, like lower drastically some services, and not only... increase respray price).  

If you want more realism because people keeps coming back to respray, then the timer would allow the paint to "dry" before any work. I'm confident that there is already a team checking RP done at garage but surely not enough, not their fault, and it's up to everyone to keep the RP at high level.

I'm not blaming anyone for poor RP or whatever, just that for this specific suggestion, mechanic is already seen as a high profit job and asking for an increase in price is bold, when other jobs are also providing quality RP but earnings are kept at a very low threshold.