Resprays.

A lot of the mech prices don't really correlate to the amount of time needed to actually do the work. For example changing the locks on a car in reality would take way less time than doing a full respray, yet the prices don't really show that.

14 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Why not report the players instead?

I vote for both the suggestion and reporting the players. You can report players for paint jobs until you're blue in the face, but it's not going to fix the issue on its own.

Edited by Rayne
22 minutes ago, Rayne said:

I vote for both the suggestion and reporting the players. You can report players for paint jobs until you're blue in the face, but it's not going to fix the issue on its own.

But you're also 'hurting' characters and players who do not abuse this. Reporting players does no such thing.

7 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

But you're also 'hurting' characters and players who do not abuse this. Reporting players does no such thing.

I personally think mods need to be repriced (to fix discrepancies like plate resprays costing more than an entire car paint job), and then cost more than they do now all across the board. This is why I'm not against a price hike. Different discussion for a different day 🙂 lol

Edited by Rayne
14 hours ago, Moore said:

Due to the fact people just constantly change colours a few times a day, and not to mention the work that goes into a respray, is not fair on the mechanics either.

So, raising the respray price, would A. Be more rewarding for mechanics on-duty that have to sit there and do the RP in depth.

And B, would HOPEFULLY lower the amount of people changing their colour on a daily basis, this'd just make the system much more realistic. Anytime I go on-duty personally as a mechanic, I end up doing about ten resprays in an hour, and mostly it's the same people each time I go on-shift wanting yet another colour change in the same day, or the day after. 

As said above, the price for many parts are not representative of real life. 

In this case, should we suggest something to lower the price of the anti-theft feature, plates change, and so on as it shouldn't cost that much, proportionally. It would be a deep revamp of garages prices (and I'm going off topic)...

Paint jobs are literally done in five minutes maximum in most of garage. I can tell that it's a pretty good ratio of earning/time spent. I don't see why it should be "more rewarding" for mechanics. And don't forget tips, customers always tends to give a good tip for mechanics doing a good work, personal experience. 

(Because garage earnings are already so unbalanced, right?)

14 hours ago, Moore said:

And B, would HOPEFULLY lower the amount of people changing their colour on a daily basis, this'd just make the system much more realistic. Anytime I go on-duty personally as a mechanic, I end up doing about ten resprays in an hour, and mostly it's the same people each time I go on-shift wanting yet another colour change in the same day, or the day after. 

A system of timer would be more efficient to limit the respraying per day/week, or simply report people who keeps changing constantly, unrealistically. 

I just see this suggestion as a way for mechanics to earn even more than they already do. The realism should be put on both part, because thinking outside the box, you don't change rims, spoiler, bumpers and do a whole clutch change in five/ten minutes...

I find it amusing that most of the support for this suggestion comes from garages owner/mechanics, just saying... 🤔

26 minutes ago, BlondeRequin said:

As said above, the price for many parts are not representative of real life. 

In this case, should we suggest something to lower the price of the anti-theft feature, plates change, and so on as it shouldn't cost that much, proportionally. It would be a deep revamp of garages prices (and I'm going off topic)...

Paint jobs are literally done in five minutes maximum in most of garage. I can tell that it's a pretty good ratio of earning/time spent. I don't see why it should be "more rewarding" for mechanics. And don't forget tips, customers always tends to give a good tip for mechanics doing a good work, personal experience. 

(Because garage earnings are already so unbalanced, right?)

A system of timer would be more efficient to limit the respraying per day/week, or simply report people who keeps changing constantly, unrealistically. 

I just see this suggestion as a way for mechanics to earn even more than they already do. The realism should be put on both part, because thinking outside the box, you don't change rims, spoiler, bumpers and do a whole clutch change in five/ten minutes...

I find it amusing that most of the support for this suggestion comes from garages owner/mechanics, just saying... 🤔

First of all, it takes five minutes in garages that actually have mechanics that don't really know what they are doing. I know literally every single mechanic in OVC takes way over five minutes to do a respray, this this can be said for a few other garages. So, why should it not be more rewarding just because some people put pretty much zero detail into their RP. 

And second of all, of course the support comes from mechanics lol. We are the ones that have to spend 10-15 minutes if not longer sitting there RP'ing the same thing every day. Most my shift is literally respray's doing the same process over and over.

I'd also like to point out some of the things you said that "don't take five to ten minutes" usually do IRL, i know full well depending on the car i can have a bumper off in ten minutes. Depending on the mechanics experience etc of course, every mechanic works at a different pace. I literally do it for a living, not to mention wheels depending if they've been balanced etc, is literally taking lug nuts on and off and swapping over the wheel. I simply don't see how it's fair that mechanics don't deserve a better pay for a job that comes like ten times every shift. Personally it kills my joy in doing the RP. 

Edited by Moore