Opened Businesses List GPS (Alternative to /bad)

ThomasNoman

9 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

It's more unrealistic for major business owners to be advertising their own business. Realistically they'd be paying some to advertise for them so it's not unrealistic at all.

Unless you're a small business owner just starting. Then it makes some sense. The blip system isn't going to change and it doesn't make sense for it to. We'd end up with a cooldown like for advertising and everyone would hate that more likely. 

Good point. Indeed, the blip shouldn't be changed, but we just need something to assist non-donators to manage a business. 

Just now, ThomasNoman said:

I meant if telling people to /gps, and allow them to come to the business work, it would've been commonly used.

Have you tried?

1 minute ago, ThomasNoman said:

I even said after "It's case sensitive" which means the GPS work, but it's case-sensitive. I hope you properly read next time before posting unnecessary mocking comment.

There's really no need to throw jabs at me, I'm trying to show you the system works. Is it hard to type Frenchie's Cafe instead of frenchie's cafe?

1 minute ago, effion said:

Have you tried?

There's really no need to throw jabs at me, I'm trying to show you the system works. Is it hard to type Frenchie's Cafe instead of frenchie's cafe?

I have tried. It isn't hard, but lol, even ask yourself, how many times have you gone to a non-donators-owned business advertised by using /CAD? You'd choose to go to a business with blip.

Despite the use of the large font size which I found annoying, in general I think it's a good idea for two reasons:

1. Cut down on ad spam (you post once per hour, which appears in green for all, then after if somebody is looking for a bar or whatever, they look on the app and see your ad, it isn't spammed in green constantly).
  2. It gives people who have just logged in an overview of what is currently open, you don't have to wait to see who is currently spamming advertisements, you just open the app.

As I said in another thread... Adding alternative /bad for non donators will drastically decrease donation amount to server, because why you need  donate for /bad if you have alternative /bad for non donators? I fully agree to effion just use /cad. And please stop posting fucking suggestion threads about adding /bad to non donators it will never happen.

Edited by Basko
  • Thanks 1

Don't want this to die, so supporting it.

It seems you only get to be on the list of open businesses if you do a /bad or put down a blip. Frankly, something like this is sorely needed to at least give non-paying persons some chance to operate and run a business. Because right now? Unless you pay actual, real money, you cannot really run, say, a coffee shop, or a bar, or some other static business of that nature. People look for the blips, or they look for the list open businesses list. You cannot run one of these businesses and create good RP off of using /cad. I've tried occasionally, and I know others have to, and you get a trickle of mildly interested persons who soon leave because, hey, the place is dead. 

This needs to happen to prevent attempting to operate a business from being a pay-to-play formula. 

Small time RP businesses rarely sell goods that would warrant spending 1000 or 2000 dollars an hour just to attract customers (since that'd only force even more inflation to make them able to justify the costs of advertising by raising the price of their niche RP products). On the other hand, these small initiatives with no donators behind them (which are often a niche) have platforms like these forums, Facebrowser or even in-game possibilities to reach the same effect.

I'm on the fence. I really don't want to live in a server in which exclusively donators run successful businesses, but I also want the server to live and be economically viable, and blips are arguably one of the main attractions when it comes to people donating.

Incentivize and make the use of /gps clearer if it works appropriately, I say. I'm sure many players aren't acquainted with it.

Edited by Koko
  • effion locked this topic